Karnataka bans people from 4 States until May 31st
Karnataka has banned people entering the State from Kerala, TN, Maharashtra and Gujarat. This ban will remain until May 31st. This has been done because in the last 10 days, the number of Active Cases has doubled. Many of these cases are travellers from neighbouring States. Maharashtra, TN and Gujarat are the worst affected States while Kerala has seen a 5 fold increase in Active Cases in the last 10 days.
In the meanwhile the KA Government has announced rules for Lockdown 4
- Local Buses, Salons, Autos, Cabs can all operate between 7 am and 7 pm
- State Transport not to operate in Red Zones and Containment Zones
- Wearing of Masks in mandatory
- Only 30 people allowed per Bus
- Taxis allowed only with 3 including driver
- Parks to be opened from 7am to 9 am and then 5 pm to 7pm
- SSLC exam to be conducted from June 25th
- Full Lockdown (except essentials, everything to be shut on Sunday)
- Malls, Dine-in restaurants, Cinema Halls and Pubs to remain shut
Karnataka is one of the few States with few cases and has been the best performing State by many metrics. It needs to be seen if this opening up will go well. It could soon encourage other States to open up as well.