Brooklyn Nets vs Dallas Mavericks NBA Odds and Predictions: Nets vs Mavericks 27 February
The weekend has Brooklyn Nets lock horns against Dallas Mavericks in a thrilling encounter at the Barclays Center on Saturday night.
The Dallas Mavericks who have performed miserably, are looking back on track after much needed-success in February.
On the other hand, the Nets are looking untouchable after back-to-back inspiring performances this season. While it is a great opportunity for the Mavericks to improve their away record of 7-8, the Nets are sitting pretty with the wind blowing in their direction.
With 69% chances Brooklyn Nets are predicted to win the upcoming clash with Dallas Mavericks. The latest Brooklyn Nets vs Dallas Mavericks NBA Odds and Predictions predicts a close fight with an edge for Nets.
Brooklyn Nets vs Dallas Mavericks NBA Odds and Predictions: Recent form
The Brooklyn Nets are having an impressive season so far as they get closer to the post season games. They are currently occupying the 2nd spot in the Eastern conference and have sure shot at the NBA championship.
After a flying starting to their campaign with wins against Warriors and Celtics, they were quite bogged down after losses to Hornets and Grizzlies. But they never looked back as they went on a dominating spree in January that enabled them to cling on to the favorite tag.
Their February campaign has been a cheerful one as they are in the middle of a 8-match winning streak extending back to 10th February.
The Dallas Mavericks came into the season with the least expectations which was justified as they never looked threatening in majority of the outings. They had to wait until the 3rd game to earn their 1st victory of the season against Clippers.
Their inconsistency and inability to convert the advantage to a victory has costed them big time this season. Focusing on their February journey, Mavericks managed to stitch some important victories that provided them with the much-needed confidence.
Their 7-4 win-loss record this month meant that they climbed back to 10th place in the Western conference.
Brooklyn Nets vs Dallas Mavericks NBA Odds and Predictions: Head-to-head:
Regular season (77 games): Mavericks – 45 wins, Nets – 32 wins.
Previous meeting: Mavericks won 123-111 on 2nd January 2020 in a regular season fixture.
Brooklyn Nets vs Dallas Mavericks NBA Odds and Predictions: Players to watch out
Even though Kevin Durant is probably out for the next couple of games, he is gearing up for the All-stars fixture in March.
Kyrie Irving has shouldered the responsibility extremely well as he produced brilliance against Orlando Magic with 27 points.
James Harden has lived up to the expectations after clocking 25.2 points on an average in addition to 11.6 assists.
Joe Harris has been one of the few players who has played all the games for the Nets this season. He gave away 14 points and 3 rebounds in his last outing. Jeff Green needs to do better than 9.4 points per game for the side to succeed in the coming games.
Luka Doncic is looking in hot form as he notched up 19 points against 76ers. He has averaged 28.9 points and 9.2 assists per game in this season.
Josh Richardson provided great support as he pitched in with 13 points and 6 rebounds. He has also impressed everyone with a field-goal conversion of 43.2.
Kristaps Porzingis has been a permanent center with 6.2 dribbles per game and an average of 20.5 points in the middle.
Dorian Finney Smith has some big shoes to fill with the power forward managing just 8.4 points per game but has made it up in terms of assists.
Tim Hardaway Jr. played an important hand with the small forward making 12 points in the last game.
Brooklyn Nets vs Dallas Mavericks NBA Odds and Predictions: Predicted Winner
It looks like the Brooklyn Nets are in the driver seat in this particular encounter. According to FiveThirtyEight, Nets have a 69% chance to wrap up an important victory with the Mavericks in with a 31% chance to climb up the table.
Looking at the outright predictions from Oddschecker, the Nets are still the second favorites to lift the NBA title with the Mavericks requiring something massive with the side stuck at 11th position in terms of odds for this season. The SMarkets have also given thumbs up to the Nets with an outside chance to the Mavericks.