Orlando Magic vs Detroit Pistons NBA Odds and Predictions: Magic vs Piston 23 February
The NBA regular season has reached its last phase with less than a month of action left. The Orlando Magic is set to be involved in a one-sided affair when they face Detroit Pistons on 24th February at the Amway Center.
The Pistons are under a lot of pressure to deliver, after being battered and thrashed in majority of the games so far. The side would be hoping to save some grace by tasting success in the remaining fixtures.
On the other hand, the Orlando based side are looking confident after putting up a strong performance against the same side on Sunday night. Even though the Magic is favored in the odds and predictions, their opponents cannot be written off.
Both Magic and Pistons are struggling in this season’s NBA. However, Magic have won more number of games as compared to Detroit Pistons. With 13 wins and 12 losses they are at 12 position in Eastern Conference points table while Detroit Pistons have lost 22 games and won just 8 games. They are at bottom in the Eastern Conference Points table.THE LATEST Orlando Magic vs Detroit Pistons NBA Odds and Predictions WILL BE UPDATED IN THE BELOW TABLE.
Orlando Magic vs Detroit Pistons NBA Odds and Predictions: Players to watch
Nikola Vucevic who has played at the center position has tons of experience in NBA with an average of 23.6 points and 11.7 dribbles in this season so far.
Dwayne Bacon who is the shooting guard scored 7 points while another guard Evan Fournier has an average of 18.5 points per game in addition to 3.8 assists.
James Ennis brings the power and versatility to the center with a free throw percentage of 81.8% and a field goal percentage of 49.1% in this edition. Terrence Ross has been a versatile player who has gathered points from several positions for the side. He averages 15.6 points along with 1 steal every game.
Jerami Grant is the small forward in the side who has averaged 23.5 points in every outing so far. He was one of the key contributors in the last game as he accumulated 24 points along with 4 assists. Josh Jackson is an important shooting guard with a field goal success of 43.3% and a 3-pointer conversion of 31.7% so far.
Mason Plumlee who has played at the center position has tons of experience in NBA with an average of 10.2 points and 9.1 rebounds per game in his career. Saddiq Bey is another important forward who averages close to 9.4 points in every outing. Saben Lee is turning out to be a great find as he amassed 12 points and 5 assists against Magic.
Orlando Magic vs Detroit Pistons NBA Odds and Predictions: Recent form
The Orlando Magic is trying everything to get out of the jail, but it seems that the attempt is too little and too late. They were off to a huge start with number of games going their way.
But a 3-match losing streak meant that their campaign took a complete detour as they started falling back in the points table.
They never recovered from the blow they faced as the side is currently sitting in 13th spot. Looking at their February campaign, it is clear that it has been a mixed bag with 5 victories in 11 games. The only positive is that they have won their last two games.
Looking at the Pistons’ campaign, they are nowhere looking to make it to further rounds in this year’s championship. They have been constantly troubled by defeats that has derailed their campaign completely.
They are distraught and are looking shattered after just 8 wins as opposed to 22 defeats in 30 appearances this season. This also includes a humiliating 3-11 record in away games.
Looking at their last five outings, they won the first two games convincingly against Celtics and Pelicans but have lost the next three games on the trot pinning them to the last spot in the Eastern conference.
Orlando Magic vs Detroit Pistons NBA Odds and Predictions: Head-to-head:
Regular season (113 games): Pistons – 64 wins, Magic – 49 wins.
Playoffs (19 games): Pistons – 12 wins, Magic – 7 wins.
Previous meeting: Magic won 105-96 on 21st Feb 2021 in a regular season fixture.
Orlando Magic vs Detroit Pistons NBA Odds and Predictions: Predicted Winner
The betting giant Oddschecker have labelled the Orlando Magic as the clear underdogs with heavy odds stacked against them whereas Pistons have very little chance to make further inroads in this edition. Another platform SMarkets are also of the same opinion that both the sides involved in this clash need to punch above their weight to go deep.
Looking at the prediction for this particular face-off, Magic is clearly ahead by a mile with a 72% chance whereas Pistons have their task cut out with a paltry 28% chance to play with, according to FiveThirtyEight.