Los Angeles Lakers vs Orlando Magic NBA Odds and Predictions
The battle of the two quality teams is set to unfold at the Staples Center when Los Angeles Lakers take on Orlando Magic in what is one-sided contest. Los Angeles Lakers who are the reigning champions are riding high on confidence after a strong performance against Cavaliers in the previous outing.
On the other hand, the Magic has suffered 8 losses in their last 10 games and are under the pump to perform well. With home advantage and a slight edge in predictions, Lakers are tipped to win this game while their opponents can never be written off.
Lakers finally registered a win after losing four consecutive games, they are currently at 4th position in Western Conference points table. Orlando Magic on other hand are struggling and are at 14th spot in Eastern Conference points table. The latest Los Angeles Lakers vs Orlando Magic NBA Odds and Predictions will be updated in this space on game day.
Los Angeles Lakers vs Orlando Magic NBA Odds and Predictions: Players to watch
Markeiff Morris has done a great job in the absence of LeBron James with an average of 6 points and an efficiency rating of 9.90. The point guard Dennis Schroder has averaged 15.1 points per game this season and has a field goal percentage of 43.1.
Kyle Kuzma who started as the small forward wasn’t up to the mark against Cavaliers. The Michigan based player scored 4 points and 8 rebounds in 27 minutes.
Montrezl Harrell is an important player who plays at the center position with an efficiency rating of 23.25 and a free-throw percentage of 83.4% in 45 games.
It was a one-man show for the Magic with Chuma Okeke doing most of the work for the side as he once again topped the charts with 22 points and 6 rebounds against Trail Blazers.
James Ennis has accumulated decent numbers with 1.3 assists and 7.4 points per game, but the onus is on the small forward to turn the tide in their favor.
Dwayne Bacon is expected to start afresh after a string of underwhelming performance from him. A 3-point conversion of 33.3% and an average of 9.9 points per game isn’t enough if the side has to make some inroads.
Aaron Gordon has free throw percentage of 62.9% and a field goal percentage of 43.7% in this edition.
Los Angeles Lakers vs Orlando Magic NBA Odds and Prediction: Recent form
The defending champions are well on course for yet another big finish, but the only concern has been the unavailability of star players like LeBron James and Davis for the side. They were off to a much-needed head start with a winning streak going for them in January.
Despite enjoying a winning streak in February, they have suffered losses to Wizards, Heat, Jazz that has put their campaign in check. They have won their last outing against Cavaliers but their recent outings haven’t been convincing with underwhelming performances bogging them down. They have managed to hang on to 4th spot with 29 triumphs and 17 defeats so far.
The Orlando Magic is far off from playing the post season games after a torrid regular season for the underdog side. They have currently settled at 14th spot with 15 triumphs and 30defeats in 45 games.
After getting off to a great start, it seemed like it was the breakthrough that they were looking for when they took down Wizards and Thunder in the subsequent games. But their campaign started to tail away after continuous defeats in January and February. In their last game against Trail Blazers, they were gutted to lose after putting in a strong performance.
Los Angeles Lakers vs Orlando Magic NBA Odds and Predictions: Head-to-head
Regular season (62 games): Magic – 23 wins, Lakers – 39 wins.
Playoffs played: Magic – 1 win, Lakers – 4 wins.
Previous meeting: Magic won 119-118 on 15th January 2020 in a regular season fixture.
Los Angeles Lakers vs Orlando Magic NBA Odds and Predictions: Predicted Winner
The Orlando Magic is coming in with no momentum while the Los Angeles Lakers are looking for a big finish for their regular season. The FiveThirtyEight platform has gone on to suggest a 77% chance to the defending champions whereas the Orlando based club has a meek chance of 23% to pull off a big win.
Shifting our focus to outright predictions, it is pretty evident that the home team has a major chance in this year’s championship as the second favorites whereas the Orlando Magic is nowhere in contention for the post season games as of now, according to SMarkets and Oddschecker.