Los Angeles Lakers vs Philadelphia76ers NBA Odds and Predictions
The battle of the two top quality teams is set to unfold at the Staples Center when Los Angeles Lakers take on Philadelphia 76ers in what is considered to be one of those nail-biting clashes. Los Angeles Lakers who are the reigning champions are currently experiencing a slight slump in their form.
On the other hand, the 76ers are looking strong to finish at the top of the Eastern conference, riding high on their winning momentum. With home advantage and a slight edge in predictions, Lakers are tipped to win this game while their opponents can never be written off.
Philadelphia 76ers are currently the leaders in Eastern Conference points table while Lakers at present are looking to end their 3 games losing streak. The Los Angeles Lakers vs Philadelphia76ers NBA Odds and Predictions updated on 25th March.
Los Angeles Lakers vs Philadelphia76ers NBA Odds and Predictions: Recent form
The defending champions are well on course for yet another big finish, but the only concern has been the unavailability of star players like Anthony Davis and LeBron James for the side. They were off to a much-needed head start with a winning streak going for them in January.
Despite enjoying a winning streak in February, they suffered unexpected losses to Wizards, Heat, Jazz that has put their campaign in check. They have lost their last three outings against Pelicans, Suns and Hawks that has put breaks on their winning run. They are down in 4th place with 28 wins and 16 losses.
The Philadelphia 76ers are looking in imperious form and are sure shot projected to be one of the favorites to win the title. They were off to a fiery start with triumphs in the initial games. In the process, they managed to dispatch top sides like Raptors, Knicks, Magic and Wizards.
Despite facing some backlash with a defeat to Bucks this month, they are back to their best after winning 9 games in the last 10 games for the top team with strong performances against Warriors, Knicks and Kings in the recent past. They are on top of the Eastern conference with 31 wins and 13 losses so far.
L Los Angeles Lakers vs Philadelphia76ers NBA Odds and Predictions: Head-to-head
Regular season (284 games): 76ers – 138 wins, Lakers – 146 wins.
Playoffs (6 games): 76ers – 2 wins, Lakers – 4 wins.
Previous meeting: 76ers won 107-106 on 27th January 2021 in a regular season fixture.
Los Angeles Lakers vs Philadelphia76ers NBA Odds and Predictions: Players to watch
The Lakers who were singlehandedly carried by LeBron James are missing out on his services for a couple of games. The all-time great small forward has averaged 25.4 points and 7.9 assists in this edition.
The point guard Dennis Schroder has averaged 15 points per game this season and has a field goal percentage of 43.1. Kyle Kuzma who started as the small forward wasn’t up to the mark against Warriors. The Michigan based player scored 16 points and 10 rebounds in 20 minutes.
Montrezl Harrell is an important player who plays at the center position with an efficiency rating of 23.27 and a free-throw percentage of 72.1 in 44 games.
Ben Simmons who is the point guard in the side has a high rating and average of 16.1 points in every outing so far. He was involved in 4 assists in addition to 22 points against Warriors. Shake Milton is an important shooting guard with a field goal success of 44.6% and a 3-pointer conversion of 30.4% so far. He was on the pitch for 22 minutes in his last outing.
Tobias Harris who usually plays as the power forward has averaged 20.8 points per game along with 7.7 successful rebounds.
Tony Bradley who plays as the center and power forward has a field goal percentage of 68 and a free throw percentage of 63.6. He has also been the top scorer for the side on various occasions.
Los Angeles Lakers vs Philadelphia76ers NBA Odds and Predictions: Predicted Winner
The Philadelphia 76ers have a big game in front of them when they face the defending champions in a thrilling clash. Despite tipping the 76ers as the frontrunners, the Lakers are still the team to beat in the championship. The FiveThirtyEight website has given 47% chance to Lakers and 53% to 76ers.
The premium website Oddschecker have admitted the fact that the Lakers still have the best chance to win the NBA championship whereas the 76ers are the 5th favorites. The SMarkets has also placed the Lakers in the top spot while their rivals have a considerable shot at the final glory.