Los Angeles Lakers vs Phoenix Suns NBA Odds and Predictions: Lakers vs Suns March 2
The battle of the two quality teams is set to unfold at the Staples Center when Los Angeles Lakers take on Phoenix Suns in what is considered to be one of those nail-biting clashes.
Los Angeles Lakers who are the reigning champions are riding high on confidence after a strong performance against Warriors in the previous outing. On the other hand, the Suns are looking strong to finish in the top 3 with the side currently on a 2-match winning streak.
With home advantage and a slight edge in predictions, Lakers are tipped to win this game while their opponents can never be written off.
The Lakers are back to their winning streak as they won 2 games in a row while Phoenix Suns too have won their last 2 games in this season NBA. Lakers are currently at 2nd position and Phoenix Suns are at 4th spot in Western Conference Points table. The Latest Los Angeles Lakers vs Phoenix Suns NBA Odds and Predictions will be updated on Game day.
Los Angeles Lakers vs Phoenix Suns NBA Odds and Predictions: Players to watch out
The Lakers was yet again lifted by the brilliance of LeBron James in the last game. The all-time great small forward has averaged 25.7 points and 7.9 assists in this edition.
The point guard Dennis Schroder has averaged 14.5 points per game this season and has a field goal percentage of 44.1. Kyle Kuzma who started as the small forward wasn’t up to the mark against Warriors. The Michigan based player scored 12 points and 11 rebounds in 20 minutes.
Montrezl Harrell is an important player who plays at the center position with an efficiency rating of 22.56 and a free-throw percentage of 75.2 in 34 games.
Deandre Ayton who has played at the center position has tons of experience in NBA with an average of 14.3 points and 11.7 rebounds in this season so far. He pitched in with 22 points against Timberwolves.
Devin Booker who is the shooting guard has carried the side as he accumulated 43 points and 5 assists in his last game while the point guard Mikal Bridges needs to do better than 13.8 points per game in this season.
Jae Crowder brings the power and versatility to the center with a free throw percentage of 84.8% and a field goal percentage of 39.4% in 29 games. Chris Paul who is another useful guard pitched in with 11 points and 15 assists against Timberwolves in 32 minutes.
Los Angeles Lakers vs Phoenix Suns NBA Odds and Predictions: Recent form
The defending champions are well on course for yet another big finish, but the only concern has been the unavailability of Anthony Davis for the side. They were off to a much-needed head start with a winning streak going for them in January.
Despite enjoying a winning streak in February, they have suffered losses to Wizards, Heat, Jazz that has put their campaign in check. They have won their last two outings against Trail Blazers and Warriors that has instilled some confidence in the absence of Davis that has consolidated their 2nd spot with 24 wins and 11 losses.
The Phoenix Suns are looking like strong contenders after a glorious campaign for the underdog side. With a 0.667 win-percentage, they are looking to overtake Clippers for the third spot. Their January campaign was kind of a bummer with unexpected losses coming their way. But they made sure that they didn’t crumble under pressure as they are back in the top 5 of the Western conference.
They are looking unstoppable in the recent times achieving 8 wins in the last 10 games that added to their tally of 22 wins in this edition. In their last outing, they gave a proper beating to Timberwolves by a huge margin.
Los Angeles Lakers vs Phoenix Suns NBA Odds and Predictions: Head-to-head:
Regular season (252 games): Suns – 107 wins, Lakers – 145 wins.
Previous meeting: Lakers won 125-100 on 10th February 2020 in a regular season fixture.
Los Angeles Lakers vs Phoenix Suns NBA Odds and Predictions: Predicted Winner
The Phoenix Suns have a big game in front of them when they face the defending champions in a thrilling clash. Despite tipping the Lakers as the frontrunners, the Suns are known to put up a strong fight. The FiveThirtyEight website has given 55% chance to Lakers and 45% to Suns.
The premium website Oddschecker have admitted the fact that the Lakers still have the best chance to win the NBA championship whereas the Suns have a huge task in hand so far. The SMarkets has also placed the Lakers in the top spot while their rivals have a sleek shot at the final glory.