Los Angeles Lakers vs Washington Wizards NBA Odds and Predictions
The Washington Wizards are set to lock horns against Los Angeles Lakers tonight at Capital One Arena. The Wizards who looked down and out, have registered 8 wins in their last 10 games. The side would be hoping for a top 8 finish with quality performances in the coming days.
On the other hand, the arrival of Anthony Davis is a blessing in disguise for the side despite slipping and stuttering in the last few matches. Even though the Lakers are in the driver’s seat, Wizards have a formidable chance to pull off something special tonight.
FiveThirtyEight gives Lakers 55% probability of beating the Wizards on Wednesday. The latest Los Angeles Lakers vs Washington Wizards NBA Odds and Predictions also predicts win for Lakers tonight. The latest Los Angeles Lakers vs Washington Wizards NBA Odds and Predictions updated on 28th April.
Los Angeles Lakers vs Washington Wizards NBA Odds and Predictions: Recent form
Washington Wizards’ campaign is in complete tatters with the side struggling to break into top 10 despite recent success. Their ill-fate was evident when they struggled to get a win under their belt initially. It was not until the 6th game against Timberwolves that they tasted victory.
They have so far achieved 27 victories but have been on the wrong side of the result on 34 occasions so far. In the last 5 outings, they have managed four victories as opposed to just one defeat against Spurs. This 8-match winning streak that they were part of recently is something they would be looking to replicate in the games to come.
The defending champions are well on course for yet another big finish, but the only concern has been their inconsistency with the side missing their star players. They were off to a much-needed head start initially but they hit a roadblock in February that slightly derailed their chances.
Despite enjoying some outright victories this month against the likes of Jazz, Nets and Hornets, they need a hug effort if they were to finish in the top 3. They won their last outing against Magic by a comfortable margin that helped them hang on to 5th spot with 36 triumphs and 25 defeats so far.
Los Angeles Lakers vs Washington Wizards NBA Odds and Predictions: Head-to-head
Regular season (195 games): Wizards – 75 wins, Lakers – 120 wins.
Playoffs played: Wizards – 2 wins, Lakers – 4 wins.
Previous meeting: Wizards won 127-124 on 22nd February 2021 in a regular season fixture.
Los Angeles Lakers vs Washington Wizards NBA Odds and Predictions: Players to watch
Rui Hachimura who is the power forward in the side was slightly sloppy as he accumulated 13 points along with 3 rebounds against Spurs. He has averaged 4.8 dribbles per game in the same period.
Russell Westbrook is an important point guard with a field goal success of 43.9% and a 3-pointer conversion of 31.5% so far. He provided with 22 points and 14 assists in his last outing.
Alex Len who has played at the center position has tons of experience in NBA with an average of 7.2 points and 4.1 rebounds per game in 45 appearances.
Bradley Beal is a game changer in the side who averages close to 31.1 points in every outing.
Anthony Davis’ return has definitely escalated the confidence as he took the team across the line with 18 points and 3 assists against Magic.
The point guard Dennis Schroder has averaged 15.6 points per game this season and has a field goal percentage of 43.8.
Kyle Kuzma who started as the small forward wasn’t up to the mark against Magic. The Michigan based player scored 14 points and 7 rebounds in 30 minutes.
Montrezl Harrell is an important player who plays at the center position with an efficiency rating of 22.53 and a free-throw percentage of 71.3% in 59 games.
Los Angeles Lakers vs Washington Wizards NBA Odds and Predictions: Predicted Winner
The Washington Wizards is coming in with no momentum while the Los Angeles Lakers are looking to kick start their season once again with Davis returning to the side. The FiveThirtyEight platform has gone on to suggest a 55% chance to the defending champions whereas the Washington based club has a significant win probability of 45% to pull off a big win.
On the other hand, premium platforms like Oddschecker and SMarkets have stated that the Lakers have hung on to their 2nd favorites tag while the Wizards would be more than happy if they manage to get into post season.