Los Angels Lakers vs Los Angeles Clippers NBA Odds and Predictions

Los Angels Lakers vs Los Angeles Clippers NBA Odds and Predictions
0 0 vote
Article Rating

Los Angeles Clippers is predicted to win against Los Angeles Lakers as per the latest Los Angels Lakers vs Los Angeles Clippers NBA Odds and Predictions for the April 4th game.

The two giants of NBA, LA Lakers and Clippers are set to lock their horn on Sunday afternoon. The defending champions Los Angeles Lakers haven’t had the season as they might have expected. Having already lost 18 games, Lakers are down to 4th spot in points table.

The Clippers on the other hand are one spot ahead of Lakers in points table. They however, have lost last two of their games while Lakers managed to defeat Sacramento Kings on Friday night.

As far as home record is concerned, Clippers are ahead of Lakers this season as of now. Lakers are 16-11 at home while Clippers are 17-8. The April 4th game between the two NBA giants is expected to be an electrifying one and to add to excitement, fans have been allowed to enter the Staples Center when these two teams meet on Sunday. Here you can read about when fans will be allowed.

Los Angels Lakers vs Los Angeles Clippers NBA Odds and Predictions

Clippers have slight edge over Lakers in home games this season. The Sunday afternoon game will be played at Stables Center. The Los Angels Lakers vs Los Angeles Clippers NBA Odds and Predictions will be updated on game day in the below spaces.

Los Angels Lakers vs Los Angeles Clippers NBA Odds and Predictions
Los Angels Lakers vs Los Angeles Clippers NBA Odds and Predictions: NBA 2020-21 Form

Los Angeles Lakers haven’t had a good season as of now. Injuries have completely rattled the team. They have lost 5 of their last 8 games since LeBron James went out with high ankle sprain. His mother Gloria James on Wednesday confirmed that her son will be back to play for Lakers in about 3-4 weeks.

Added to this Anthony James has also missed Lakers’ past 20 games and newly acquired Andre Drummond is also out due to toe injury. He was injured in match against Milwaukee Bucks when Lakers lost by 127-97 points difference. He missed the last match against the Sacramento Kings too.

Los Angeles Lakers have as of now played 49 games this season. They have been victorious in 31 games while have lost 18 games. In last 10 games they have lost 5 and won 5. They are on a one game winning streak. As far as playing their own Conference team is concerned, they have maintained a Conference record on 20-10 as of now.

Lakers have sort of struggled in their home games, that is, when they have hosted a team at Staples Center. Of 27 home games, they won 16 while lost 11. As far as away record is concerned, they have won 15 games on road and lost only 7 this season.

Los Angeles Clippers on the other hand have been slightly fortunate when it comes to injury. However, on Thursday when they played Denver Nuggets, they were without Serge Ibaka, Patrick Beverley and Rajon Rondo. Clippers lost to Nuggets by 94-101 points. Paul George who has suffered through a bone edema in his right toe was part of team on Thursday. But he looked far from being healthy and there are chances he may miss the upcoming clash against the Lakers.

As far as NBA 2020-21 form is concerned, Clippers have been slightly ahead of Lakers. They have managed to win 32 games but have lost same number of games as of Lakers, i.e. 18 games. Their Conference record too stands as par with Lakers; they are 18-10 as far a Conference record is concerned.

Clippers have played slightly lesser number of home games than Lakers but have maintained a better record at home. They are 17-8 at home while on roads they are 15-10. In last 10 games they have won 7 and lost 3. Of 3 losses, two came in last two games.

Los Angels Lakers vs Los Angeles Clippers NBA Odds and Predictions: Head to Head

Lakers and Clippers have come up against each other on 225 occasions in regular season. Los Angeles Lakers have dominated the head to head record between the two teams.

Of 225 regular season games, Lakers have 150 wins while Clippers have managed to win only on 75 occasions. In last five games, Clippers have managed to win 3 while Lakers had two games in their favor. The last time the two teams met was in December 2020. Clippers won the game by 116-109 points difference.

Los Angels Lakers vs Los Angeles Clippers NBA Odds and Predictions: Players to Watch Out

Lakers

With LeBorn James out due to injury, Lakers will be highly dependent on their forward star Kyle Kuzma. In last game against Kings, it was his 30 points that helped Lakers defeat Sacramento Kings.

The point guard Dennis Schroder will be crucial for the Lakers when they face Clippers. He has averaged 15.4 points per game this season and has a field goal percentage of 43.6.

One should not miss the Center Marc Gasol who can be quite a big danger for Clippers in the upcoming Sunday afternoon clash.

The other players who can prove to be effective for Lakers this Sunday would be Talen Horton and Markeiff Morris.

Clippers

There is uncertainty looming on Point Guard Paul George who despite with a injured toe was part of the team on Thursday. There has been news that Paul George and Clippers is trying to figure the ways to manage with his injury.

Clippers will highly rely on their forwards, Kawhi Leonard and Marcus Morris Sr. Though Clippers lost against Nuggets, Leonard was quite impressive. With 12 rebounds and 4 assists, he managed to score 24 points for his team.

Serge Ibaka is unlikely to be part of team on Sunday, in his absence Ivica Zubac will have to scale up his game.

The shooting guard Terance Mann has an efficiency rating of 13.07 and an average of 3.7 rebounds in every outing so far. In last game he delivered 18 points and had 6 rebounds.

The Point Guard Reggie Jackson will be the other player from Clippers to watch out for.

Los Angels Lakers vs Los Angeles Clippers NBA Odds and Predictions: Predicted Winner

Both Lakers and Clippers have great chance to impress their home fans. However, as per FiveThirtyEight, Clippers have high chances of beating Lakers this Sunday. As per them, Clippers have 74% chances while Lakers have on 26% chances.

As for outright predictions for NBA 2020-21 is concerned, Lakers are favorites to win this seasons’ NBA. Both SMarkets  and Oddschecker have predicted defending champions Lakers to retain their championship.

Read: Chicago Bulls vs Brooklyn Nets NBA Odds and Predictions

Subscribe
Notify of
guest

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x