Miami Heat vs Los Angeles Lakers NBA Odds and Predictions
The battle of the last year finalists is set to renew at the American Airlines Arena with Miami Heat hosting Los Angeles Lakers in a mammoth clash tonight. The Miami Heat are currently desperate to get back in the top 5 whereas Lakers are slightly under the pump after letting go of the top spot in the Western conference.
The Heat is known for lambasting performance against top sides while the Lakers are looking to sort their inconsistency issues from hereon. The prediction platforms are certain of a Heat win but the defending champions should never be written off.
Lakers finally found a win in their last match against Toronto Raptors while Miami Heat is coming off a defeat in their last game. The two teams haven’t had a season as expected. FiveThirtyEight predicts a win for Heat in this Thursday night clash. Here are the latest Miami Heat vs Los Angeles Lakers NBA Odds and Predictions updated on 8th April.
Miami Heat vs Los Angeles Lakers NBA Odds and Predictions: Recent form
The Miami Heat are looking like phoenix rising from the ashes, but their comeback will come a full circle if they manage to finish in the top 5. They were once battered heavily that pushed them down to 9th spot. But their recent stint has brought in a sense of hope for the side to do well in the remaining games.
Looking back at their March campaign, they were part of the infamous losing streak but still managed to string 7 victories, keeping them in the hunt. In their last 3 games, they secured victories against Cavaliers and Warriors but lost their last fixture against Grizzlies.
The Los Angeles Lakers are actually stuck in the same gear for a while now with their giant players LeBron James and Anthony Davis out of action who had this impeccable ability of winning games single-handedly. After the All-star game in March, the Lakers have lost 7 games in less than a month that has put their spot in complete jeopardy.
Despite fending off a couple of losses with a winning streak in the 3rd week of March, the effort looked too little and too late. In their last game against Raptors, they didn’t break a sweat as notched up their 32nd win to consolidate their 5th spot in the table.
Miami Heat vs Los Angeles Lakers NBA Odds and Predictions: Head-to-head
Regular season (65 games): Heat – 37 wins, Lakers – 28 wins.
Playoffs (6 games): Heat – 2 wins, Lakers – 4 wins.
Previous meeting: Heat won 96-94 on 21st February 2021 in a regular season fixture.
Miami Heat vs Los Angeles Lakers NBA Odds and Predictions: Players to Watch
Duncan Robinson is an important shooting guard with a field goal success of 42.9% and a 3-pointer conversion of 39.1 so far. He fetched 14 points and assisted on 4 occasions when he played Grizzlies last time around.
Jimmy Butler is always in the scheme of things with the forward pitching in with 28 points and 5 assists.
Bam Adebayo who plays as the center and power forward has a field goal percentage of 56.2 and a free throw percentage of 83.4. He has averaged 9.6 rebounds per game in 44 games he was part of.
Tyler Herro was one of the top scorers as he notched up 19 points and 4 assists in their last fixture.
Talen Horton-Tucker stole the limelight in the previous as he drove his team clear off Raptors with an all-important 17 points and 6 assists. He has been pretty silent in the tournament averaging just 8.2 points and 2.2 assists.
Markieff Morris is never out of the game with the talented player consistently performing as the forward. He has a field goal percentage of 73.2 and a field goal percentage of 42.6.
Dennis Schroder who plays as the point guard has been the best player on the pitch outside of James and Davis after contributing 15.3 points per game and an efficiency rating of 15.21.
The Center player Marc Gasol needs to better than 4.7 points if he has to retain his spot.
Miami Heat vs Los Angeles Lakers NBA Odds and Predictions: Predicted Winner
The Miami Heat have a big chance to take down their rivals Los Angeles Lakers in this home fixture. Even though the outright prediction platforms like Oddschecker and SMarkets have slotted the Lakers as the 2nd favorites with the Heat in the 9th spot, Heat have found their winning formula this time around.
Looking at the prediction for this particular face-off, Heat is clearly ahead by a mile with a 66% chance whereas Lakers have their task cut out with a 34% chance to play with, according to FiveThirtyEight.