Sacramento Kings vs Los Angeles Lakers NBA Odds and Predictions
The Los Angeles Lakers is set to face a feeble challenge when they face Sacramento Kings tonight at the Staples Center. The Lakers who looked a little complacent in the initial phase have once again found themselves in an extremely sticky situation.
On the other hand, the Kings are far off from their post season spot but can give a run for anyone’s money on their day. Even though the Lakers are heavily favored in the odds and predictions, the Kings would like to put up a strong fight with nothing to lose for the underdog side.
Lakers defeated the Kings when they met on last time in this season’s NBA. FiveThirtyEight predicts a win for Lakers in Friday night clash with Kings. However, the latest Sacramento Kings vs Los Angeles Lakers NBA Odds and Predictions are yet to be updated.The latest Sacramento Kings vs Los Angeles Lakers NBA Odds and Predictions will be updated on game day.
Sacramento Kings vs Los Angeles Lakers NBA Odds and Predictions: Recent form
The Los Angeles Lakers are currently stuck in fifth spot with the side desperate to get to the top of the table in Western conference. The main reason behind this has been the absence of their star player LeBron James.
Despite few setbacks, the giant side managed to register victories against Hornets, Nets and Raptors this month. After that win against Nets, the side has suffered four defeats with their only win coming against Magic, putting them under the pump for the next few games. This meant that the Mavericks are breathing under the neck of the defending champions. They have secured 36 wins and 26 losses so far.
The Sacramento Kings are far off from safety after taking blows consistently in the last two months. The side would be longing to finish in the top 10 with a few wins under their belt in the rest of the games.
Despite getting a head start, they managed to bottle it up with consecutive defeats. In the last 5 games, they have secured two victories against Mavericks and Timberwolves as opposed to losses against Warriors, Jazz and Timberwolves. They are sitting in the 12th position with 25 wins and 37 defeats so far. All they would be looking is to better their away record against Lakers.
Sacramento Kings vs Los Angeles Lakers NBA Odds and Predictions: Head-to-head
Regular season (436 games): Kings – 158 wins, Lakers – 278 wins.
Playoffs (36 games): Kings – 11 wins, Lakers – 25 wins.
Previous meeting: Lakers won 115-94 on 2nd April 2021 in a regular season fixture.
Sacramento Kings vs Los Angeles Lakers NBA Odds and Predictions: Players to watch
The return of Anthony Davis has done wonders for the side but he arrived a little late with 26 points against Wizards as they stumbled by a good margin.
He has Andre Drummond for company who has a field goal percentage of 50 and 7.8 dribbles on an average.
Montrezl Harrell who has played at the center position has been a solid candidate for the side with an average of 14 points and 1.1 turnovers per game this season.
Ben McLemore who plays as the shooting guard has a field goal percentage of 43.9 and a free throw percentage of 77.8. He is expected to fare better than 9.2 points per game this season.
Justin James who is the shooting guard was one of the main contributors in the previous game as he gave away 16 points in 17 minutes.
Harrison Barnes has a lot of work to do as the small forward averages 16.1 points and 6.6 rebounds in this edition.
Buddy Hield has also been super fit with the star player playing all matches for the side so far. He made 18 points and 7 assists in 31 minutes in his last outing.
Tyrese Haliburton is yet another important guard who has a 3-pointer conversion of 40.6 and a field goal percentage of 47. Richaun Holmes was the pick of the lot after making 18 points and 2 rebounds against Jazz.
Sacramento Kings vs Los Angeles Lakers NBA Odds and Predictions: Predicted Winner
The Los Angeles Lakers aren’t playing their best basketball while the Sacramento Kings are tormented by sub-par performances with nothing to rejoice at this time. Focusing on the predictions for this particular clash, FiveThirtyEight have claimed that the Lakers have a 78% chance whereas the Kings are far behind with a 22% chance building up to the clash.