San Antonio Spurs vs Denver Nuggets NBA Odds and Predictions
The Denver Nuggets have a tricky opponent in the form of San Antonio Spurs who has been considered an underdog for this game. The Nuggets are on a roll after winning 7 games on a trot that have elevated their confidence to unthinkable levels.
As far as Spurs is concerned, they are in the midst of a losing streak that has bogged down their spirit. The only way they stand a chance in the play-offs is to win as many games as possible from here on. Even though it is given that the Nuggets are the overwhelming favorites, the Spurs would be looking to go all-out on 9th April at the Ball Arena.
Nuggets are 7th favorites to win this season’s NBA while Spurs are at 18th place. Nuggets have won last 7 of their NBA games while Spurs have lost 4 games in a row.The latest San Antonio Spurs vs Denver Nuggets NBA Odds and Predictions will be updated on game day.
San Antonio Spurs vs Denver Nuggets NBA Odds and Predictions: Recent form
The Denver Nuggets has cashed in on the winning momentum from the previous season and are looking like one of strong challengers for the conference and eventually, the NBA title. They have consistently delivered and are eyeing the top spot in the Western conference.
After a slightly underwhelming performance in February, they bounced back with a shot in the arm that enabled them win 11 games in March. This winning trend continued this month as well as they registered victories against Clippers, Magic, Pistons and Spurs, displacing Lakers for the 4th spot in the process.
On the other hand, San Antonio Spurs need a revamp and a pep talk for the side to stay relevant in this edition. Even though they have been impressive in patches, their losing streaks have made a huge dent to their chances. They have found themselves in a no man’s area after occupying the 9th place in Western conference.
They have lost 8 out of their last 10 games but surprisingly hold a positive away record so far. In their last 4 outings, they have been ripped apart by the likes of Nuggets, Cavaliers, Pacers and Hawks with a glimmer of hope to turn things around in the remaining fixtures.
San Antonio Spurs vs Denver Nuggets NBA Odds and Predictions: Head-to-head
Regular season (191 games): Spurs – 119 wins, Nuggets – 72 wins.
Playoffs: Spurs – 23 wins, Nuggets – 10 wins.
Previous meeting: Nuggets won 106-96 on 7th April 2021 in a regular season fixture.
San Antonio Spurs vs Denver Nuggets NBA Odds and Predictions: Players to Watch
Nikola Jokic who plays at the center position was in good form against San Antonio Spurs by pitching in with 25 points and 10 assists in 30 minutes.
Facundo Campazzo who is the point guard has a 3-pointer conversion of 35% so far in addition to averaging 4.7 points.
Michael Porter Jr. who plays as the small forward and power forward has a field goal percentage of 54.2 and a free throw percentage of 75 in 40 games this season. He has also averaged 7.5 rebounds per game during the same time.
Will Barton who has played at the small forward position has tons of experience in NBA with an average of 12.7 points and 4.3 assists in his career.
Dejounte Murray has been a consistent performer throughout the season but he has to do better than 15.7 points if the side has to save some grace.
His partner Derrick White pitched in with 18 points and 2 assists against Nuggets besides his exploit in steals, assists and dribbles.
DeMar DeRozan has topped the charts with a free-throw percentage of 88.1 and a field goal percentage of 49.3 in addition to averaging 21 points so far. The small forward has also been a top assist in 41 games.
Patty Mills should be started after the guard notched up 12 points in just 25 minutes in his last appearance.
San Antonio Spurs vs Denver Nuggets NBA Odds and Predictions: Predicted Winner
It is a no brainer that the Denver Nuggets have put up a formidable squad and is a tough nut to crack for the San Antonio Spurs who aren’t looking in great shape. Looking at the predictions given by FiveThirtyEight, the Denver side has a might 86% chance with the away side going in with a meek 14% chance.
Looking at the outright predictions from Oddschecker and SMarkets, the Spurs are the 18th favorites to lift the NBA title while the Denver Nuggets are sitting pretty to storm into the post season games as the 7th favorites.