Toronto Raptors vs Brooklyn Nets NBA Odds and Predictions
The 2018-19 NBA champions Toronto Raptors is set to lock horns against one of the hot favorites Brooklyn Nets in a thrilling encounter. The Raptors who didn’t have a particularly good 2019 season, have once again found themselves in a hole whereas Nets are looking to consolidate their top spot in the conference.
The game is scheduled to be held tonight at the Amalie Arena at 7:30 pm EST. Despite the fact that the odds are favoring the Raptors, the Nets have their noses ahead given the recent momentum in addition to sloppy performance by the hosts.
Toronto Raptors are finally gaining some momentum in this season’s NBA. However, they lost their last NBA 2020-21 clash while Brooklyn Nets are on a 2 game winning streak. FiveThirtyEight predicts a win for Toronto Raptors in Wednesday night clash. The latest Toronto Raptors vs Brooklyn Nets NBA Odds and Predictions updated on 27th April.
Toronto Raptors vs Brooklyn Nets NBA Odds and Predictions: Recent form
The Toronto Raptors didn’t get to the best of the getaways with three losses. They finally registered their 1st win of the season with a triumph against Knicks. But their bad form resumed with consecutive defeats in the initial part of the season that led to them struggling in the bottom half.
Even though they seemed to tighten the screws in February and March, their April campaign has been a big letdown. They played Knicks in the last game where they failed to put up a formidable challenge as they registered their 35th loss of the season. They are down in 12th place with 25 victories and 35 defeats in the season so far.
The Brooklyn Nets seems to have upped the ante after an initial setback in the Eastern conference. Despite grabbing important wins initially, they were down in the dumps after a couple of defeats in January. From then on, they seemed to have shaken off the rustiness that has paved way for some dominating performances as the side grew to be termed as the hot favorites in this season.
In the last 5 games, they have stitched 3 victories and are on the verge of widening the gap with the 2nd placed 76ers in the eastern conference. They are currently sitting in top spot with 41 triumphs and 20 debacles so far.
Toronto Raptors vs Brooklyn Nets NBA Odds and Predictions: Head-to-head
Regular season (99 games): Raptors – 58 wins, Nets – 41 wins.
Playoffs played (17 games): Raptors – 9 wins, Nets – 8 wins.
Previous meeting: Raptors won 114-103 on 21st April 2021 in a regular season fixture.
Toronto Raptors vs Brooklyn Nets NBA Odds and Predictions: Players to watch
Pascal Siakam is the power forward in the side with an efficiency rating of 18.30 and average of 21 points in every outing so far. He managed to contribute 26 points and 5 assists in the last game.
OG Anunoby is an important small forward with a field goal success of 47.9% and a 3-pointer conversion of 40.2% so far. He was the prime scorer in the side as he notched up 27 points.
Khem Birch who has played at the center position has tons of experience in NBA with an average of 8.7 points and 3.6 dribbles per game in his career.
Fred Vanvleet is another important key guard who averages close to 19.6 points in every outing.
Kevin Durant who has played as the shooting guard was on song as he amassed 33 points and 4 assists against Suns besides averaging 27.3 points and 5.2 assists in 24 games. He also enjoys a healthy efficiency rating of 26.28 in this edition.
Kyrie Irving who is the point guard has a field goal percentage of 50.6 besides 2.5 turnovers while the power guard Blake Griffin who has averaged 0.9 3-pointers this season came up with 16 points along with 5 rebounds.
Joe Harris who is the small forward brings the power and versatility to the center with a free throw percentage of 77.6% and a field goal percentage of 51.5% in 56 games.
Toronto Raptors vs Brooklyn Nets NBA Odds and Predictions: Predicted Winner
The Toronto Raptors and Brooklyn Nets have been two sides who have played good brand of basketball throughout this season so far. Firstly, focusing on the outright predictions for these sides, the Oddschecker have gone on to claim that the Nets are the hot favorites to go for the final glory whereas the Raptors have slipped down several places as the favorites to grab the championship, according to SMarkets.
On the other hand, the predictions for this particular clash states that the Raptors have a slight edge with a 52% chance whereas their rivals have a 48% chance to snatch a win.