Champions League: Manchester City vs Chelsea Football Predictions and Betting Odds

Champions League: Manchester City vs Chelsea Football Predictions and Betting Odds
4 5 votes
Article Rating

Manchester City is predicted to win against Chelsea in upcoming Champions league finals as per latest Manchester City vs Chelsea Football Predictions and Betting Odds

Manchester City will take on Chelsea for the Champions League title on Sunday 30th May 2021. Chelsea recently lost to Leicester City in FA Cup finals and this will be their second final in a span of 15 days.

Both the teams have had a good Premier league season with Manchester City winning the championship and Chelsea ending the season among Top 4 teams. Taking about the Champions league, both the teams had finished at the top of their table, however, it is exceedingly rare to see two Premier league teams playing in the finals of the Champions league.

Chelsea last won the Champions League in 2011-12 when they defeated Bayern Munich for 4-3 in a penalty shootout, while Manchester City haven’t won a single Champions league title yet therefore, they would be looking forward to not to miss this opportunity of winning the Europe’s most prestigious Cup.

Chelsea vs Manchester City: FA Cup match preview and where to watch

Chelsea defeated Manchester City in the last game when the two teams met. However, the latest Manchester City vs Chelsea Football Predictions and Betting Odds predicts a win for Manchester City in this Sunday’s match.

image 112

Manchester City vs Chelsea Football Predictions and Betting Odds: Recent Form

Recently Chelsea have had a good experience in all the football tournament that it had been part of. Beating Manchester City they entered the FA Cup finals against Leicester City. However, the 63rd minute goal of Youri Tielemans shattered their dream of being crowned as FA Cup champions. In last 10 games that they played, they have 6 wins and 2 losses which include the defeat at the hands of Leicester City at FA Cup finals.

Lampard’s men have looked rock solid recently and in Champions’ league group stage they remained unbeaten. The only defeat that Chelsea faced in this season’s Champions’ League was at the hands of FC Porto second leg of Quarter Finals. They are coming off a victory against Leicester City in their last match of EPL 2020-21 season.

Manchester City on the other hand have been impressive with their performance this year. They are the new English Premier League champions, and they will be hoping to add Champions League feature to their hat victories for the first time. However, in last few games, they seemed to have deviated from their track. First, they lost their Sunday night opponent Chelsea, but they quickly bounced back as they were able to defeat Newcastle United. It was Ferran Torres heroics that helped them defeat Newcastle by 4-3 goals. However, in their last game they lost to Brighton by 3-2 goals.

Their Champions League journey was marked by 5 wins and a draw in group stage, and they have remained undefeated in entire season. Their last Champions League match was against French side and last year’s Champions League runners up PSG whom they defeated by 2-0 goals.

Manchester City vs Chelsea Football Predictions and Betting Odds: Predicted Line Up

Manchester City – Ederson; Cancelo, Dias, Laporte, Mendy; Rodri, Gundogan, De Bruyne; Mahrez, Aguero, Sterling

Chelsea – Mendy; Azpilicueta (c), Christensen, Rudiger; James, Kante, Gilmour, Alonso; Ziyech, Werner, Pulisic

Manchester City vs Chelsea Football Predictions and Betting Odds: Offensive and Defensive Stats

Attack

Manchester City is probably going to start with Sergio Aguero in their attack. Though he had only played 11 matches he scored only 2 goals, pass accuracy is 80%, shot accuracy is 62%, dribble accuracy rate is 55% with only 6 dribbles. His current ratings is 6.66.

Apart from Aguero sterling is also likely to play, he has 10 goals in 30 games with shot accuracy rate of 56%, pass accuracy rate of 86% and dribble accuracy rate of 54% with 66 dribbles. His current ratings is 7.26.

Chelsea’s attack will be lead by Timo Werner who has scored 8 goals in 36 matches. His pass accuracy is 79%, shot accuracy is 55% and dribble accuracy of 37% with 29 dribbles. His rating is 6.98.

Apart from Werner Chelsea will have Pulisic in their attack. Scoring 4 goals in 27 matches having a pass accuracy rate of 83%, shot accuracy rate of 50% and dribble accuracy rate of 46% with 48 dribbles. His current rating is 6.82.

Midfield

No doubt De Bryune will be the man to lead Manchester Citys midfield. His pass accuracy rate is 82%, he has 9 interceptions so far and his tackle accuracy rate is 62% with 21 tackles. His current rating is 7.76

De Bryune is supported by Rodri. He has 34 interceptions with pass accuracy rate of 91%, his tackle accuracy rate is 56% with 40 tackles. His current rating is 7.47.

Chelsea’s midfield will have Kante. With 59 interceptions he has a pass accuracy rate of 86%, tackle accuracy rate is 53% with 42 tackles succeeded. His current rating is 6.97

Kante will be supported by Alonso. He has 12 interceptions, 82% pass accuracy, 23% tackle accuracy with just 3 tackles. His current rating is 6.96.

Defence

Cancelo will start city defense. He has 28 clearances, 15 headed clearances and 41 interceptions. His current rating is 7.40.

Apart from Cancelo Dias will also be there. He has 88 clearances, 47 headed clearances, 34 interceptions. His current rating is 7.00

Chelsea defense is being supported by  Azpillicueta. He has 58 clearances, 33 headed clearances and 26 interceptions. His current rating is 7.11.

He will be supported by Rudiger. He has 51 clearances, 26 headed clearances and 17 interceptions. His current rating is 7.21.

Manchester City vs Chelsea Football Predictions and Betting Odds: Head-to-Head

Manchester City and Chelsea have clashed against each other on 49 occasions. Manchester City have won 19 direct matches whileChelsea have won 25 matches. 5 matches between the two teams ended in adraw. 

In last 5 direct classes, Chelsea has 3 wins while City has 2 wins. Last time the two teams met was on 8th May 2021. Chelsea defeated Manchester City by 2-1 goals.

Currently Chelsea is on two games winning streak against Manchester City.

Manchester City vs Chelsea Football Predictions and Betting Odds: Predicted Winner

Despite facing defeat in last game against Chelsea, Manchester City is favorites to win the upcoming Champions league final on Sunday. As per FcTables, City has 47% chances of beating Chelsea while the chances of Chelsea stands at mere 24%.

According to 1xbet Manchester City has a chance of 54% to win the match while 22% chances are their for Chelsea’s win and 24% chances are their for a draw result

According to betting expert Manchester City has a chance of 71% to win the game while Chelsea has a chance of 24% to win the game and 5% chances are their for a drawn result.

According to Bet365 Manchester City are favourites to win with odds 19/20 while the betting odds for Chelsea stands at 2.

Read: Manchester City vs Everton Football Predictions and Betting Odds

Subscribe
Notify of
guest

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x