New Orleans Pelicans vs Charlotte Hornets NBA Odds and Predictions

New Orleans Pelicans vs Charlotte Hornets NBA Odds and Predictions
4.5 2 votes
Article Rating

Charlotte Hornets is predicted to win against New Orleans Pelicans as per the latest New Orleans Pelicans vs Charlotte Hornets NBA Odds and Predictions

The New Orleans Pelicans have not had a season that they would like to remember. Despite having the standout pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, Zion Williamson, they are still on the outside looking in at the playoffs in the Western Conference. Their hunt for the postseason was dealt a severe blow on Friday. It was disclosed that Zion Williamson has a fractured left ring finger and will be out indefinitely.

They have traded in Eric Bledsoe and four other draft picks. Even after all these moves, the Pelicans still have lots of work to do. 

The Hornets have a high-chances to clinch a spot in the play-in tournament with a win on Sunday against New Orleans.

New Orleans Pelicans vs Charlotte Hornet NBA Odds and Predictions: Match Details

New Orleans Pelicansvs Charlotte Hornets 

Scheduled Time: 7:00 PM

Host Team: Charlotte Hornets 

Where To Watch: The national broadcast partners of the NBA are ABC, TNT, ESPN and NBA TV.  For out of market or online viewing use NBA League Pass.

New Orleans Pelicans vs Charlotte Hornets NBA Odds and Predictions

FiveThirtyEight, predicts a win for the host Charlotte Hornets for this Sunday’s game against the New Orleans Pelicans. The latest New Orleans Pelicans vs Charlotte Hornets NBA Odds and Predictions are yet to be updated.The latest New Orleans Pelicans vs Charlotte Hornets NBA Odds and Predictions will be updated on game day.

image 45

New Orleans Pelicans vs Charlotte Hornets NBA Odds and Predictions: Recent Form

The Pelicans will enter the Sunday game with five games left on their regular-season schedule. They are 30-37, just behind the San Antonio Spurs, who are 32-34 and occupy the No. 11 spot in the West Conference. The Spurs have just five games left on their schedule.

The team which finishes No. 1 would play the No. 9 team in the West. The winner gets to play the loser of the 7-versus-8 play-in game in a do-or-die battle for the No. 8 seed in the first round of the Western Conference Playoffs. Looking at Pelicans’ remaining games, none of them are easy.

Charlotte Hornets have a win-loss record of 32-34 this season. Charlotte continues to tread water as they get set to enter the first-ever play-in tournament. The Hornets currently sit in the eighth seed in the Eastern Conference and are within striking distance of surging past the Celtics for the seventh seed.  Charlotte have allowed opponents to score just 107 points per game at the Spectrum Centre.

Hornets are ranked 22nd with 109.5 Points Per Game.

Coming to Rebounds Per Game Hornets average 43.6 per game and ranked19th and with 26.9 assists per game they are placed in the top 3.

New Orleans Pelicans vs Charlotte Hornets NBA Odds and Predictions: Head-to-Head

Regular season (32 games): Hornets – 10 wins, Pelicans – 22 wins.

Previous meeting: Hornets won 118-110 on 8st January 2021 in a regular season fixture.

New Orleans Pelicans vs Charlotte Hornets NBA Odds and Predictions: Players to Watch

Pelicans:

Eric Bledsoe who is the shooting guard has a good rating with a 3-pointer conversion of 35.1% so far.

Brandon Ingram who plays as the small forward and power forward has a field goal percentage of 46.6 and a free throw percentage of 87.8 so far in this season. He has also averaged 4.9 rebounds per game during the same time.

Steve Adams who has played at the center position has tons of experience in NBA with an average of 7 points and 4.2 dribbles in this edition.

Hornets:

Devonte’ Graham has played 51 games as a point guard with an average of 14.5 points per game and a field goal percentage of 37.4% in this edition.

PJ Washington who has played at the center position has tons of experience in NBA with an average of 13 points and player efficiency of 13.82 this season.

Miles Bridges who is the Small Forward in the side has averaged 12.4 points per game and has 6.1 rebounds in 64 games.

New Orleans Pelicans vs Charlotte Hornets NBA Odds and Predictions: Predicted Winner

The Hornets taking on the Pelicans would be a tough battle between two giant sides looking to make it to the top of their conferences respectively. Looking at this rivalry, Charlotte Hornets are slightly ahead with a 58% chance whereas the Pelicans are behind with a 42% chance, according to FiveThirtyEight.

Looking the outright prediction for this season’s NBA, Brooklyn Nets is favorite to win this season’s NBA as per Smarkets and 2nd favorite as per Oddschecker. Both Charlotte Hornets and New Orleans Pelicans don’t feature among Top-10 teams who could win this season’s NBA.

Read: New York Knicks vs Los Angeles Clippers NBA Odds and Predictions

Subscribe
Notify of
guest

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x