Belgium vs Russia Football Predictions and Betting Tips
FIFA No. 1 ranked team Belgium will be up against Russia in their first match of Euro Cup 2020 on 13th June. The Red Devils will be on a hunt to win their first ever European title however, before that they will have to get past their Group B teams.
Going the match, Belgium will be high on confidence as they have earlier defeated Russia in both the qualifier matches. For Russia it will be a tough task to get past mighty Belgium squad. Russia is currently 38th in FIFA ranking and in last Euro Cup that in 2016 they had were out in the Group stage.
It must be remembered that this is Russia’s fifth consecutive appearance in the UEFA European Championship while Belgium is featuring in a second successive EURO for the first time since 1984. Their UEFA EURO 2016 appearance was the first time they had featured in the tournament after 16 years.
Roberto Martinez’s team will look to kick start their campaign with a win while for Russia it will be a good opportunity to have a revenge of previous match loss.
The latest Belgium vs Russia Football Predictions and Betting odds have Belgium way ahead of Russia. The latest Belgium vs Russia Football Predictions and Betting have been updated on 7th June. The Belgium vs Russia Football Predictions and Betting odds will be updated on daily basis.
Belgium vs Russia Football Predictions and Betting: Squad
Goalkeepers: Thibaut Courtois, Simon Mignolet, Matz Sels
Forwards: Eden Hazard, Dries Mertens, Romelu Lukaku, Christian Benteke, Michy Batshuayi, Jeremy Doku, Leandro Trossard
Midfielders: Axel Witsel, Kevin De Bruyne, Nacer Chadli, Yannick Carrasco, Youri Tielemans, Thorgan Hazard, Dennis Praet, Hans Vanaken
Defenders: Jan Vertonghen, Toby Alderweireld, Thomas Vermaelen, Thomas Meunier, Jason Denayer, Dedryck Boyata, Leander Dendoncker, Timothy Castagne
Goalkeepers: Yuri Dyupin, Matvei Safonov, Anton Shunin
Forwards: Artem Dzyuba, Anton Zabolotny, Aleksandr Sobolev
Midfielders: Dmitri Barinov, Rifat Zhemaletdinov, Maksim Mukhin, Aleksandr Golovin, Daniil Fomin, Roman Zobnin, Alexei Ionov, Daler Kuzyayev, Andrei Mostovoy, Magomed Ozdoev, Denis Makarov, Aleksei Miranchuk, Denis Cheryshev
Defenders: Georgi Dzhikiya, Igor Diveev, Yuri Zhirkov, Vyacheslav Karavaev, Fedor Kudryashov, Andrei Semenov, Mario Fernandes
Belgium vs Russia Football Predictions and Betting: Euro 2020 Qualifiers and Recent Form
Russia and Belgium were both part of Group I for Euro 2020 qualifiers. A total of 6 teams were part of the Group which included Scotland, Cyprus, Kazakhstan and San Mario along with Russia and Belgium.
Belgium finished at the top of the Group by winning all the 10 games while Russia was second in the group. They won 8 matches and lost two. The two defeats were at the hands of Belgium itself.
This year Belgium have played a total of 5 matches which includes 3 World Cup qualifiers and 2 friendly matches. Belgium has been successful in winning all the 3 World Cup qualifiers while they drew against Greece in friendly and they beat Croatia 1-0 on 6th June.
For Russia, the 3 World Cup qualifiers this year fetched two wins while they lost to Slovakia. Of the two friendly games just before Euro 2020 kicks off, Russia settled for a draw against Poland while on 5th June they defeated Bulgaria.
Belgium vs Russia Football Predictions and Betting: Offensive and Defensive Stats
Though Eden Hazard is injured he is expected to return before the match and if not than in his absence Lukaku will lead the attack for Belgium. He plays for inter Milan in the Seria A. Last season he had scored 24 goals in 36 matches he played. Had a pass accuracy of 73% and shots on target accuracy of 62%. His ratings were 7.65.
Russian attack will be lead by Dzyuba. He plays for Zenit St. Petersburg in the Russian Premier league . Last season he had scored 20 goals in 27 matches he played. Had a pass accuracy of 70% and shots on target accuracy rate of 66%. His ratings were 7.51.
Belgium will have the service of Kevin De Bruyne in their midfield. However, he had himself injured playing for Manchester City in the Premier league recently. Last season he had played 25 matches which included 72% dribble accuracy rate, 62% tackles succeeded and total 92 chances created. His ratings were 7.81.
Apart from De Bruyne they will also have Carrasco who plays for Athletic Madrid in the La Liga. Last season he played 30 matches had a tackle success rate of 56%, and dribble success rate og 55%. Total 57 chances were created. His ratings were 7.23.
Russian midfield will have Miranchuk. He plays for Atalanta in the Seria A. He played 25 matches in the last season. His tackle accuracy rate was 54% while dribble rate was 61%. His ratings were 6.94.
Russian midfield will also have Golovin. He plays for Monaco in the French Ligue 1. Last season he played 21 matches where he had a tackle accuracy of 57% and dribble accuracy of 55%. Overall 44 chances were created. His ratings were 7.26.
Belgium will have Alderweireld in their defence. He plays for Tottenham Hotspurs in the Premier league. Last season he played 25 matches. He had 10 interceptions, 115 clearances and 65 headed clearances. His ratings were 6.82.
Denayer will also be in the Belgium defense. He plays for Lyon in the French Ligue 1. Last season he played 31 matches. He had 27 interceptions, 83 clearances and 41 headed clearances. His ratings were 2.66.
Russia defense has Fernandes. He plays for CSKV Mascow in the Russian Premier league. Last season played 23 matches. He had 51 interceptions, 55 clearances and 26 headed clearances. His ratings were 7.29.
Apart from him Russian defense will also have Semenov. He plays for FK Akmat in the Russian Premier league. Last season he played only 18 matches. He had 27 interceptions, 58 clearances and 23 headed clearances. His ratings were 6.85.
Belgium vs Russia Football Predictions and Betting: Head-to-head
The two teams, Russia and Belgium have played only 7 matches against each other, and Russia have had a major disappointment playing Belgium.
Of 7 matches, Belgium has 5 wins while Russia haven’t won any. Two matches ended in a draw.
Belgium vs Russia Football Predictions and Betting: Predicted Winner
Belgium will be the favorites to win their upcoming clash against Russia. The football predictions and betting platforms too have Belgium as favorites.
According to FcTables, Belgium is hot favorites to their clash against Russia. Belgium has 53% win probability while Russia has 20% win probability as per FcTables.
The Infogol model predicts a 60% chance of a win for Belgium. There is a 14% chance that Russia will win. The draw is a 26% chance.
The betting odds for this match for Belgium’s win stands at 1.69 and for Russia, the winning odds are 5.5 as per Smarkets.