Spain vs Sweden Football Predictions and Betting Tips
Things will not be straightforward for Spain when they take on Sweden on 14th June. Though traditionally Spain is always a favorite before the start of any tournament, but Sweden is surely a tough opponent. It has been a stop-start tenure for Spain coach Luis Enrique due to both personal reasons and the COVID-19 pandemic. Enrique has rebuilt this team in his image since the nation’s 2018 FIFA World Cup debacle, with only six players remaining from that squad.
Sweden will be keen to build on the promise shown from its quarterfinal finish at the 2018 World Cup, with second place in Group E up for grabs with an unsettled Poland in the mix. Both the teams will be looking forward to Kickstart their respective campaigns with a win. Spain is currently at 6th spot in FIFA rankings while Sweden is on 18th spot.
Spain is predicted to win the upcoming clash against Sweden. The latest Spain vs Sweden Football Predictions and Betting have been updated on 8th June.The Spain vs Sweden Football Predictions and Betting will be updated on daily basis.
Spain vs Sweden Football Predictions and Betting: Squad
Goalkeepers: David De Gea (Manchester United/ENG), Unai Simon (Athletic Bilbao), Robert Sanchez (Brighton/ENG)
Forwards: Dani Olmo (Leipzig/GER), Mikel Oyarzabal (Real Sociedad), Ferran Torres (Manchester City/ENG), Gerard Moreno (Villarreal), Alvaro Morata (Juventus/ITA), Adama Traore (Wolverhampton/ENG), Pablo Sarabia (Paris Saint-Germain/FRA)
Midfielders: Fabian Ruiz (Napoli/ITA), Pedri, Sergio Busquets (Barcelona), Rodri Hernandez (Manchester City/ENG), Koke,(Atletico Madrid), Thiago Alcantara (Liverpool/ENG).
Defenders: Jose Gaya (Valencia), Eric Garcia, Aymeric Laporte (Manchester City/ENG), Jordi Alba (Barcelona), Diego Llorente (Leeds/ENG), Marcos Llorente (Atletico Madrid), Pau Torres (Villarreal), Cesar Azpilicueta (Chelsea/ENG)
Goalkeepers: Robin Olsen (Everton/ENG), Karl-Johan Johnsson (FC Copenhagen/DEN), Kristoffer Nordfeldt (Genclerbirligi/TUR)
Forwards: Marcus Berg (IFK Goteborg), Dejan Kulusevski (Juventus/ITA), Robin Quaison (Mainz/GER), Alexander Isak (Real Sociedad/ESP), Jordan Larsson (Spartak Moscow/RUS).
Midfielders: Jens Cajuste (FC Midtjylland/DEN), Gustav Svensson (Guangzhou/CHN), Viktor Claesson (Krasnodar/RUS), Albin Ekdal (Sampdoria/ITA), Emil Forsberg (RB Leipzig/GER), Sebastian Larsson (AIK), Kristoffer Olsson (Krasnodar/RUS), Ken Sema (Watford/ENG), Mattias Svanberg (Bologna/ITA)
Defenders: Ludwig Augustinsson (Werder Bremen/GER), Andreas Granqvist (Helsingborgs), Victor Lindelof (Manchester United/ENG), Filip Helander (Rangers/SCO), Emil Krafth (Newcastle/ENG), Mikael Lustig (AIK), Pontus Jansson (Brentford/ENG), Marcus Danielson (Dalian Pro/CHN), Pierre Bengtsson (Vejle)
Spain vs Sweden Football Predictions and Betting: EURO 2020 Qualifiers and Recent Form
Spain and Sweden were both part of Group F for Euro 2020 qualifiers. Spain topped the group while Sweden finished second. Spain playing 10 matches won 8 and drew 2 matches to end at the top of the table while Sweden with 6 wins, 3 draws and 1 loss ended the qualifiers with 21 points and at second position.
The two teams met twice in the qualifiers with Spain winning the first by 3-1 and second one ending in a 1-1 draw.
Talking about this years Spain’s form, they have played only 4 matches, 3 World Cup qualifiers and one friendly game against Portugal. Against Greece in World Cup qualifiers, they settled for 1-1 draw while defeated Georgia and Kosovo. Against Portugal recently in a friendly game, the game ended in a goalless draw.
For Poland the year has been a mixture of wins and defeats. In World Cup qualifiers this year, they settled for a 3-3 draw against Hungary, went on to defeat Andorra in next game while lost to England in 3rd qualifier match.
Recently in a friendly match against Russia, they settled for 1-1 draw.
Spain vs Sweden Football Predictions and Betting: Defensive and Offensive Stats
Spanish attack has Morata. He plays for Juventus in the Seria A. Last season he had scored 11 goals in 32 matches he played. His pass accuracy was 77% and shots on target accuracy was 49%. His ratings were 7.08.
Moreno is another attacking talent for Spain. He plays for Villarreal in the La Liga. Last season he played 33 matches and scored 23 goals. Pass accuracy of 70%, shots on target accuracy rate of 60%, his ratings were 7.68.
Sweden attack has Isak. He plays for Real Sociedad in the La Liga. Last season played 34 matches scored 17 goals. Pass accuracy of 73%, shots on target accuracy rate of 67%. His ratings were 7.00.
Apart from Isak Sweden also has Larsson. Plays for Spartak Moscow in the Russian Premier league. Last season played 29 matches and scored 15 goals. Pass accuracy of 78%, shots on target accuracy of 61%. His ratings were 7.28.
Spanish Midfield has Alcantara. He plays for Liverpool in the Premier league. Last season he played 24 matches. Tackle accuracy rate is 59%, dribble accuracy rate is 69% and a total of 30 chances created. His ratings were 7.28.
Koke is also their in Spanish Midfield. He plays for Athletico Madrid in the La Liga. Last season played 37 matches. Tackle accuracy rate of 66%, dribble accuracy rate of 72%. Total of 40 chances created. His ratings were 7.13.
Swedish midfield has Edkal. He plays for Sampdoria in the Seria A. Last season played 32 matches. Tackle accuracy of 52%, dribble accuracy rate of 83%. Total of 12 chances created. His ratings were 6.74.
Forsberg is also there in the midfield. He plays for RB Leipzig in the Bundesliga. Last season he played 29 matches. Tackle accuracy rate is 55% and dribble accuracy rate is 58% a total of 40 chances created. His ratings was 6.84.
Spanish defense has Jordi Alba. He plays for Barcelona in the La Liga. Last season played 35 matches. He had 49 interceptions, 32 clearances and 11 headed clearances. His ratings were 7.39.
Apzilicueta will also support Spanish defense. He plays for Chelsea in the Premier league. Last season played 26 matches. He had 28 interceptions, 59 clearances and 33 headed clearances. His ratings was 7.08.
Swedish defense will have Jansson. He plays for Brentford in the English Championship. Last season he played 24 matches. He had 25 interceptions, 95 clearances and 58 headed clearances. His ratings were 6.75.
Lindelof plays for Manchester United in the Premier league. Last season played 29 matches. He had 30 interceptions, 95 clearances and 40 headed clearances. His ratings were 6.82.
Spain vs Sweden Football Predictions and Betting: Head-to-head
Spain and Sweden have played 6 matches against each other so far. Spain have won 3 direct matches while Sweden could win only 1 match. 2 matches between the two teams ended in a draw.
On average in direct matches both teams scored a 2.5 goals per match.
Spain vs Sweden Football Predictions and Betting: Predicted Winner
Spain will be up against Sweden in their first match of Euro 2020. Going the match, Spain will start as favorites.
According to Infogol, Spain has 65% chances of defeating Sweden while for Sweden chances of beating Spain stands at mere 13%. The platform gives 22% probability for the match to end in a draw.
At Bet365 the betting odds for Spain stands at ½ while the betting odds for Sweden is placed at 6/1.
For the match of 19th June between Spain and Sweden, Oddschecker have placed the odds for Sweden at 6/1 and for Spain at 18/35.