Will Ethereum reach $100000, $50000, $15000?
Will Ethereum reach 100000? Read our analysis of Ethereum’s ecosystem, price performance, and growth potential
Ethereum Price Performance
|Last 7 Days||+13.3%|
|Last 1 Month||+25.9%|
|Last 12 Months||+93.1%|
|Since Launch (2016)||+83743.9%|
Ethereum Performance Statistics
- TVL: $29.4B [Rising]
- Last 7 days change: +9.9%
- Last 1-month change: +43.8%
- Sales (30 Days): $385.0 M [Rising]
- Last 7 days change: +7.9%
- Last 1-month change: +42.6%
Ethereum Latest News
- The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has extended the deadline for deciding on the approval or rejection of Grayscale’s spot Ether exchange-traded fund (ETF). The SEC announced that it will designate a longer period, with a new deadline set for January 25, 2024, to consider the proposed rule change that would enable NYSE Arca to list and trade shares of the Grayscale Ethereum Trust.
- A dormant Ethereum whale address, inactive for five years, recently sent nearly $90 million in ETH (39,260 ETH) to the crypto exchange Kraken, according to data from Lookonchain. The whale had received 47,260 ETH (worth $11.34 million at the time) between June and August 2017, selling 8,000 ETH the following year and remaining inactive since
Ethereum Buy Sell or Hold? Crowd Poll
- July 31st: +52.0%
- Aug 31st: +37.7%
- Nov 1st: +39.8%
- Dec 7th: +39.1%
- Dec 8th: +38.6%
Will Ethereum reach 100000? Ethereum’s Price performance over the years
Since its launch in 2016, Ethereum has risen in 4 out of 7 years. Ethereum ended lower in 2016, 2018 and 2022
Will Ethereum reach 100k? Calculations
Ethereum has a moderate chance of reaching the $100k target.
In order for Ethereum to reach $100k, it would need to increase by a factor of 50.4. At $100k, ETH’s Market Cap will be $12 Trillion. If Ethereum were to grow at a rate of 25% each year, it would take about 17 years to reach $100k. Let us evaluate this data
- Quality of Investment- Good
- Growth required to reach $100k- Feasible (Example: Bitcoin was priced at $0.1 in October 2010. 12 years later, It is 22000 times higher)
- Market Cap at $100k- Moderately Feasible
- Time required to reach $100k if it were to rise at 25% per annum- Not Feasible
Considering the criteria Quality of Investment, growth required and time required, Ethereum has only a moderate chance of reaching $100k.
Also Read: Celestia Price Prediction
Can Ethereum rise to $50k: The Math
For Ethereum to rise to $50k, it is not just the Use Cases but also the economic environment that must be friendly. Ethereum price has been highly influenced by the liquidity and wealth of individual and institutional investors. For example, whenever the Fed tightens rates or reduces its balance sheet, Ethereum tends to lose value due to lower demand. But then economic cycles are a part and parcel of human history.
Ethereum at $50k will have a market cap of $6 Trillion. In theory, this is possible. For example, if ETH were to rise at 15% per annum, it would take ETH 25 years (2047) to reach the $50k level. It took Bitcoin 4 years to rise from $1700 to $50k. $6 Trillion may sound quite huge today but 25 years down the line, this isn’t huge. Also, given that Ethereum has become deflationary and that it may rise faster than 15%, Ethereum is likely to reach $50k much faster than 2047. Ethereum is unlikely to rise consistently given economic uncertainties. Here is a hypothetical scenario
- $1k to $5k by 2026 (50% growth)
- $5k to $14k by 2030 (30% Growth)
- $14k to $28k by 2035 (15% Growth)
- $28k by $50k by 2042 (10% Growth)
While Growth is unlikely to follow these exact patterns, it is not unusual to see a new category grow this way, with high growth in the initial years before easing to lower levels over time.
Ethereum Price Prediction $15000
Ethereum Price can reach $15000 by 2028 if the economic environment improves next year and blockchain adoption takes off over the next 3 years.
However, if liquidity improves gradually and blockchain takes off much more slowly, Ethereum Price is likely to reach $15000 by 2033.
Ethereum at $50k will have a market cap of $4 Trillion. In theory, this is possible. For example, if ETH were to rise at 15% per annum, it would take ETH 25 years to reach the $50k level. It took Bitcoin 4 years to rise from $1700 to $50k. However, there are 19 million Bitcoins in circulation while there are 122 million Ethereum in circulation. By this calculation, it would take ETH 24 years to reach the $50k level. Such long-term forecasts tend to be unreliable. Ethereum may end up reaching $50k quickly if there are huge breakthroughs in adoption rates.
Will Ethereum reach 100000? Introduction to Eth
Two of the most prominent cryptocurrencies are Bitcoin and Ethereum. Ethereum has been popularly considered to be the blockchain that consists of the most use cases – Smart Contracts, DeFi, NFTs, DApps, etc.
- Ethereum is a blockchain based on Proof of Consensus. It expands on the Bitcoin Blockchain by building smart contract features that are cumbersome to execute on Bitcoin
- ERC-20 is a standard used on the Ethereum Blockchain to issue smart contracts in the form of Fungible Tokens. This standard can be used across a variety of products and services. Cryptocurrencies like Shiba Inu are issued through ERC-20 Token.
- ERC-721 is a standard to issue Non-Fungible Tokens
Will Ethereum reach 100000? Why is Ethereum Valuable?
- Most Altcoins do not have blockchains of their own. Instead, they issue ERC-20 Tokens from the Ethereum blockchain. Ethereum charges a gas fee in the form of Ether (Eth) cryptocurrency for using the Ethereum Blockchain
- Metaverse: Almost all Metaverse platforms issue built on the Ethereum Blockchain. So while Ether itself is not used on
- DeFi Tokens: Ethereum is a dominant player in this space with most Tokens and Apps built on Ethereum
- Decentralized Apps (DApps) like Uniswap, Polymarket, etc
- Ethereum has an extremely strong layer-2 blockchain ecosystem. Layer-2 Blockchains are Blockchains themselves that use the security guarantees of Ethereum while also solving Ethereum’s Limitations on transaction processing volumes and speed. They do this by submitting bundles of finalized transaction proof on Layer 1 (Ethereum) to handle security, data availability, and decentralization, while Layer 2 handles scaling. Layer 2 takes away the transactional load from Layer 1. They use a concept of Roll-Ups which is bundling of 100s of transactions into a single transaction on layer 1.
- Some of the best Layer-2 Blockchains include Polygon (DeFi TVL of $1.2B), Arbitrum, Loopring, Immutable X, and Dai.
Use Cases of ETH Tokens
- ETH tokens are used to pay transaction fees on the Ethereum network.
- Projects can create and distribute their own tokens on the Ethereum blockchain and raise funds by selling these tokens to investors. Participants in ICOs typically purchase tokens using ETH.
- Many decentralized platforms and protocols built on Ethereum use tokens to enable community governance. Token holders can participate in decision-making processes, such as voting on proposals or protocol upgrades, based on the number of tokens they hold.
- ETH tokens are widely used in the DeFi ecosystem. They can be used as collateral for borrowing and lending platforms, liquidity provision in decentralized exchanges, yield farming, staking, and other financial applications within the DeFi space.
- ETH tokens are often used as the currency for purchasing and trading NFTs on Ethereum-based marketplaces.
Ethereum: Strengths and Weaknesses
- Phenomenal Ecosystem of Developers and Apps
- Most Altcoins issue ERC-20 Tokens which are based on the Ethereum Blockchain
- Transaction speeds
- Cost of Transaction
Some of the top cryptocurrencies using the ERC-20 Token of Ethereum Include
- Shiba Inu
In Sum, Ethereum has an outstanding ecosystem in place that can deliver growth for years to come. Considering all aspects including past performance, demand for tokens, diversity of the ecosystem, and current rank in DeFi, NFT, and Gaming, Ethereum is a Good Investment
Note: Crowdwisdom360 collates Predictions and data from all over the net and has no in-house view of the likely trends in stocks or coins. Please consult a registered investment advisor to guide you on your financial decisions.