Aishwarya Rai in Hospital: Mild case worsens to Moderate
Aishwarya Rai and her daughter were admitted in Nanavati Hospital last evening after they complained of breathlessness.
Aishwarya Rai’s Condition Changed from Mild to Moderate
Shortness of breath occurs usually after day 4 of the disease. Aishwarya was diagnosed on 12th, so she has developed these symptoms on day 5. Shortness of breath is reported by 8% of COVID Patients in India.
Shortness of breath indicates a battle between the body’s immune system and the coronavirus. This creates pus inside the lungs. Patients are monitored closely as shortness of breath could lead to hypoxia which could lead to the failure of several organs that need oxygen.
When a patient develops breathlessness, they are classified as a moderate case of COVID by the Government and a different treatment protocol is initiated. Remember that Amitabh and Abhishek are already in hospital indicating a slightly more severe case in the first place.
Treatment for Shortness of Breath (Govt Protocol)
- Admission into a dedicated COVID health care centre.
- The device for administering oxygen (nasal prongs, mask, or masks with breathing/ non-rebreathing reservoir bag) depends upon the increasing requirement of oxygen therapy
- All patients should have daily 12-lead ECG.
- Variety of medication and blood tests are recommended on a daily basis
- Medication include, Hydroxychloroquine (400mg) BD on 1st day followed by 200mg 1 BD for 4 days. (after ECG Assessment). They may also consider IV as well as anticoagulation medicines
A moderate case with proper treatment should recover over the next one week. It is likely Aishwarya Rai will be back home by next weekend.