Arsenal vs Man United Prediction and Stats
Arsenal vs Man United Prediction: Arsenal is favored by the Bookmakers in this game but stats predict a close contest.
Arsenal vs Man United: Other Predictions
- Arsenal is likely to take an early lead in the first half.
- Man United is expected to score the first goal in the second half.
- Martin Odegaard and Bukayo Saka have the highest probability of scoring for Arsenal.
- Marcus Rashford has the highest probability of scoring for Man United.
Arsenal vs Man United Goal Prediction: Arsenal: 2, Man United: 1
Statistical analysis is based on historic performance. Player performance in the match may not necessarily replicate recent performances.
Arsenal is set to take on Man United in a crucial Premier League encounter at Emirates Stadium on Sunday, 22 Jan. The Gunners have consolidated their position at the top with their second win against Tottenham this season by a score of 2-0. Arteta and his men are proving themselves strong title contenders in the EPL 2022-23.
Man United is looking unstoppable at the moment. Erik Ten Hag’s men are doing just everything right at the moment. A win against Arsenal will improve their chances of grabbing the top spot. Many football pundits and prediction platforms are already indicating an exciting title race between these two sides in the upcoming weeks.
Arsenal vs Man United Prediction: Last 5 Games
- Arsenal is coming off a flawless performance at home in recent matches. They won 4 out of the last 5 fixtures. The last home match against Newcastle ended in a goalless draw. The overall goal aggregate stood at 14-4.
- The Gunners played three out of the last 5 home games against the top 10 teams on the table. They have won 2 and drawn 1 with a goal aggregate of 6-3.
- Man United won 3, lost 1, and drew 1 of the last 5 fixtures away from home. Overall, the Red Devils scored 7 and conceded 6 goals in those 5 games.
- In the last 5 away games, Man United locked horns with two teams in the top 10. They have won 1 and drawn 1 of them, playing with a goal aggregate of 2-3.
Both teams have a solid winning momentum on their side. Arsenal will have the home advantage.
Arsenal vs Man United Prediction: Attack Analysis
- Arsenal has been consistently scoring goals this season. They are having a good scoring average of 2.35 goals per game as of now.
- At home, the Gunners’ scoring looks even more commendable as they scored goals with an average of 2.42 per game. In 3 of the last 5 home games, Arsenal scored the first goal inside the first 25 minutes of the first half.
- Arsenal has maintained a shot conversion rate of 14% in the current season.
- Despite Gabriel Jesus’ absence, Arsenal’s forward attack has looked ruthless in recent games. A lot of credit goes to Martin Odegaard who has been fantastic so far. Overall, he scored 8 goals, maintaining an average of 1 shot on target per game. Odegaard also added 5 assists and 10 big chances created to his name.
- Bukayo Saka is another crucial attacker who has scored 6 goals so far with 7 assists. He played with an average of 2.2 key passes per match.
- Man United has been scoring 1.59 goals per game in the current season of the EPL.
- Man United’s scoring average dips in the away fixtures. Their goal-scoring rate in the matches away from home stands at 1.33. The Red Devils have made some solid counter-attacks late in the second half. They scored match-winning goals after the 75th minute of the last 2 away games.
- Man United has played with a shot conversion rate of 11% till now.
- Marcus Rashford has been in excellent touch in recent matches. He has scored 8 goals so far with an average of 1.2 shots on target per game. Rashford also assisted in 3 goals and created 4 big chances for his team.
- Anthony Martial is another key member of the forward attack for the Red Devils. He scored 3 as of now with 2 assists. Martial played with a passing accuracy of 82% with 63% success in the aerial duels.
Arsenal has an edge in the attack.
Arsenal vs Man United Odds
- Arsenal: 1.98
- Man United: 3.80
To get betting odds for this game and other Premier League matches, claim the Rhino Bet sign up offer.
Arsenal vs Man United Prediction: Defense Analysis
- Arsenal has conceded 0.82 goals per match in the current season.
- The Gunners’ goal-conceding average in home matches stands at 1 goal per match. They allowed 4 goals in the last 5 home fixtures, with 3 of them coming in the late first half.
- Aaron Ramsdale has done a pretty good job in the defense for Arsenal. He has maintained an average of 2.3 saves per game this season with a success rate of 75%.
- Gabriel Magalhaes and William Saliba have been the top performers in the defense for the Gunners. Magalhaes has played with an average of 3.6 clearances per game so far with 73% success in the ground duels. He also scored 2 goals. Saliba maintained an average of 3.2 clearances per match, playing with a dribbling success of 86%.
- Man United’s goal-conceding average stands at 1.06 per match.
- In the away fixtures, the Red Devils have conceded 1.78 goals per game. 4 of the 6 goals conceded by Man United in the last 5 away fixtures came in the first half.
- Man United’s goalkeeper David de Gea is playing with an average of 2.7 goals per game with a success rate of 70%.
- In the defense department, the key players for Man United include Luke Shaw and Raphael Varane. Shaw has played the current season with an average of 1.6 tackles per game. He won 53% of the aerial duels. Varane’s clearance average is currently at 4.2. He played with a passing accuracy of 86%.
Arsenal is having an upper hand in the defense as well.
Arsenal vs Man United H2H Stats
Matches: 237 | Arsenal: 86 | Draw: 50 | Man United: 101
Recent 3 Meetings: Arsenal: 2 | Draw: 2 | Man United: 1
Last Meeting: Man United defeated Arsenal with a score of 3-2 in a Premier League fixture on 4 September.
Arsenal vs Man United Predicted Lineup
Arsenal (4-3-3): Ramsdale; Zinchenko, Gabriel, Saliba, White; Xhaka, Thomas, Odegaard; Martinelli, Nketiah, Saka
Man United (4-2-3-1): de Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Varane, Shaw, Malacia; Casemiro, Fred; Fernandes, Eriksen, Rashford; Martial
Arsenal vs Man United Injuries and Suspension
- Gabriel Jesus: Out Due to Knee Injury
- Reiss Nelson: Doubtful due to Hamstring
- Mohamed Elneny: Doubtful due to Knee Injury
- Cedric Soares: Doubtful
- Jadon Sancho: Doubtful
- Axel Tuanzebe: Out
- Donny van de Beek: Out due to Knee Injury
- Diogo Dalot: Doubtful due to Hamstring
- Anthony Martial: Doubtful due to Leg Injury
- Casemiro: Suspension
Arsenal vs Man United Latest Breaking
Man United Coach Reminds Arsenal of their Defeat this Season: Arsenal has been in top form this season and they have lost just one match, the only defeat that Arsenal faced came at the hand of Manchester United. Erik ten Hag, the Man United coach has reminded Arsenal that his side was able to beat them without Casemiro. Casemiro is out as he picked up a booking during the latter stages of the draw with Palace on Wednesday. He will be unavailable for Sunday’s clash with Arsenal.
Arsenal to sign Brighton star Leandro Trossard: After the departure of Mykhailo Mudryk to Chelsea, Arsenal has been looking for an ideal attack replacement for him. As per the early talks, Arsenal seemed to have reached an agreement for Trossard. The 28-year-old is expected to join Arsenal with pay of £ 21 million plus add-ons to Brighton.
Arsenal vs Man United Winner Prediction
- Arsenal has a more formidable attack
- Arsenal has been better at defense
- Man United is ahead as per the H2H stats
- Overall: Arsenal to win
It is expected to be a riveting contest between these two teams on Sunday. Arsenal will look to continue its dominance at home. On the other hand, Man United recently handed a defeat to the defending champions. They have the potential to trouble the Gunners in their own backyard. However, we believe Arsenal can win 2-1.