Chelsea vs Man City Prediction and Statistics
Chelsea vs Man City Prediction
Arsenal & Newcastle[Goals]
- Chelsea is likely to score in the second half against Man City.
- Man City is likely to score a goal in the Second half against Chelsea.
Chelsea & Man City Prediction [Goals]
- Erling Haaland has been in top form and seems like scoring in every game for the City.
- Raheem Sterling has the highest probability to score for Chelsea against Man City.
Chelsea vs Man City score Prediction Score Chelsea: 0, Man City: 1
Statistical analysis is based on historic performance. Player performance in the match may not necessarily replicate recent performances
Chelsea (10th) and Man City (2nd) will face off in a battle of the giants at Stamford Bridge on January 5th. Chelsea is 1-3 in the last 5 games while Manchester City is 4-1 in the last 5 games. While Manchester City is the favorite to win this game, let us look at how the stats play out for each of the teams.
Chelsea vs Man City Prediction: Goal Analysis
Chelsea has won 3 of the last 5 home games
- Chelsea scored an average of 1.6 Goals per Game while conceding 0.6 goals per game
- The average first goal was scored in the 56th minute while the average first Goal was conceded in the 72nd minute
- 2 of the games were against top-ranked teams Arsenal (1st) and Manchester United (4th), Chelsea failed to win either of the games
Man City won 3 of the last away games
- Man City scored an average of 1.6 Goals per Game while conceding 0.6 goals per game
- The average first goal was scored in the 36th minute while the average first Goal was conceded in the 64th minute
- Two of the last 6 away games were against Newcastle (3rd) and Liverpool (6th), Man City failed to win both games.
While both teams seem to be struggling, Man City has the edge due to its performance in recent games (home and away)
Chelsea vs Man City Prediction: Expected Goals Performance (Last 5)
Expected goals: Expected goals takes into account various parameter like shots, Shots on target, Shots conceded on target, and Average shooting accuracy in the league.
- Chelsea is averaging 1.0 expected goals per match and has a goal differential of 0.60 goals between Actual goals and the expected goals. The Blues has been unlucky to not score more than two goals in the last 5 matches.
- Man City is averaging around 2 expected goals per match and has a goal differential of 0.60 between expected goals and the actual goals.
Man City is well placed to score 2-3 goals and win this game
Chelsea vs Man City Odds
- Manchester City: 1.68
- Draw: 4.0
- Chelsea: 5.2
- Manchester City: 58%
- Draw: 24%
- Chelsea: 18%
Chelsea vs Man City Prediction: Forward statistics
- Raheem Sterling has participated in 11 games and has 12 total shots, 7 of which have been on goal, and 3 goals. Raheem Sterling averages 26 passes per game, completes them 77% of the time, and assists once each game.
- Kai Havertz has participated in 11 games and has 20 total shots, 11 of which have been on goal, and three goals. Kai Havertz averages 23 passes per game, completing them 81% of the time.
- Mason Mount has played 13 games and taken 14 shots overall with 6 of them finding the goal, and they’ve scored 2 goals. Mason Mount averages 32 passes per game, completes 81% of his passes, and has 2 assists.
- Erling Haaland has played 12 games, taken 43 shots overall with 28 of them finding the target, and scored 18 goals. Erling Haaland averages 15 passes per game, completes 77% of his passes, and has 3 assists.
- In his 11 games, Phil Foden has taken 20 shots, 14 of them on goal, and has scored 7 goals. With an average of 38 passes per game and an 86% pass completion percentage, Phil Foden also averages 3 assists.
- Kevin De Bruyne has played 13 games, taken 22 shots overall with 12 of them finding the back of the net, and scored 3 goals. With an 80% pass completion percentage and an average of 44 passes per game, Kevin De Bruyne also averages 9 assists.
Chelsea vs Man City Prediction: Defence Analysis
This season, Chelsea’s defence has performed above average. The Blues have surrendered 11.4 shots per game and conceded an average of 1.21 goals (1.2 shots fewer than the Premier League average). Out of the 11.4 shots, Chelsea only yields 4.93 shots that are on target. Out of their defence statistics, Chelsea’s goalkeeping save % has been the strongest statistically.
Man City defensively has been better than the Blues, The Man City has conceded only 1.00 goals per match and conceded 7.3 shots per match (5.3 shot fewer than the Premier League average). Man City concedes 2.93 shots on target, but their goalkeeping has been below par with Edersen’s Save Percentage being 3% lesser than the Premier league average.
Chelsea vs Man City Head-to-Head Statistics
Matches: 172| Chelsea: 71 | Draw: 39 | Man City: 62
Last 5 matches: | Chelsea: 2 | Draw: | Man City: 3
Last Meeting: Man City defeated Chelsea 2-0 in the league cup on 9 November 2022
This Fixture by the Numbers: Last Five games (total and Home)
- The game between both teams has seen 1.6 goals per match.
- Man City has averaged 1 goal per match against Chelsea in the last 5 matches.
- The last game at Stamford Bridge ended in City’s win.
Chelsea vs Man City Prediction: Injuries
Kante has suffered from nagging ailments for some time. The Frenchman has not played since August due to a serious injury he sustained against Tottenham and is primed to return around March.
Fofana had a promising start to his Chelsea career, but he was unable to participate in the France World Cup team due to a knee injury he sustained against Milan. He just experienced yet another setback in a friendly match against Brentford, therefore he will continue to sit out.
During Portugal’s World Cup quarterfinal loss to Morocco, Ruben Dias suffered a hamstring injury, and there are concerns that the center-back might be out for up to a month.
Chelsea vs Man City Score Prediction
Both teams have had inconsistent recent performances. Chelsea, on the other hand, has been terrible and has gone 5 games in a row in the Premier League without a victory. The Blues’ offensive performance has been below average, scoring 0.40 goals per game on average. Man City has also shown a knack for dropping points in the road games with only 3 matches ending in favor of Guardiola’s Men.
Prediction: In previous head-to-head matchups, both teams have displayed a defensive aspect to their game. The match between the two teams has not seen more than two goals in the last five matches, and we anticipate the same at Stamford Bridge.