Brentford vs Wolves Prediction: Statistical Analysis
Brentford vs Wolves Prediction
When is Brentford most likely to score a goal? Brentford looks to put pressure on the opposition by securing an early lead. This season, they scored the most number of goals in the first half, especially in the 30-45 minutes time span.
When is Wolverhampton most likely to score a goal? It is very unlikely that the Wolves will manage to score in the upcoming match. They have a scoring rate of only 0.33 goals per game in the away fixtures this season.
Who is most likely to score for Brentford? Ivan Toney is undoubtedly the potential candidate to score with the kind of form he has shown this season.
Who is most likely to score for Wolverhampton? The Wolves will pin hopes on Daniel Podence to score in the next game.
Who is likely to win the match? Brentford 2 Wolves 0
All statistical analysis is based on historic performance. Player performance in the match may not necessarily replicate the recent performances.
Brentford will aim for a solid home win when they host the Wolverhampton Wanderers for the upcoming Premier League fixture on Saturday, 29 October. The Bees looked decent in the initial stage of the season. However, some frustrating results over the past few weeks made them look slightly out of touch.
It will be a mammoth task for Wolverhampton to avoid another defeat when they meet the Bees at the Gtech Community Stadium. The Wolves could win only 1 of the last 5 fixtures. They need regain their form quickly before it’s too late.
Brentford vs Wolves Prediction: Goal Analysis
- Brentford has maintained a satisfactory home record so far. They scored goals at an average of 2 per game with a cumulative score of 12-6. The Bees failed to score in 2 home matches.
- Brentford’s away form has not been good this season. They are yet to register a win away from home. With an aggregate of 6-15, the Bees scored 1 goal per match. They couldn’t score in 2 away games.
- The Wolves scored goals at an average of just 0.50 in home matches. The overall goal aggregate stands at 3-8. They failed to score in 3 home fixtures.
- Wolverhampton’s away form looks even worse. They lost 4 of the 6 away games. The Wolves scored just 2 goals in away matches so far and conceded 10. They failed to score in 4 of them.
- All the stats and metrics of the current season gives us enough evidence to predict that Brentford is likely to rip apart the Wolves’ defence and win the game comfortably.
Brentford vs Wolves Prediction: Forwards Statistics
Ivan Toney spearheads the attack of the Bees. The other key players in the forward panel include Bryan Mbeumo and Mathias Jensen.
- Ivan Toney has been brilliant this season. He has already scored 8 goals, playing at an average of 1.1 shots on target per game. Toney also assisted in 2 goals and created 6 big chances for his side.
- Bryan Mbuemo added 2 goals to his name so far. He got a dribbling success of 61%.
- Mathias Jensen is one of the most important midfielders. Jensen played the current season with an average of 1.8 key passes per match and 79% passing accuracy.
It has been a very disappointing performance from the forward department of the Wolves. The injuries of Raul Jimenez and Pedro Neto have added to the woes. The key players include Daniel Podence, Adama Traore, and Matheus Nunes.
- Daniel Podence is the leading scorer of the Wolves currently with 2 goals. He maintained an average of 1.6 key passes per game.
- Adama Traore managed to score once in the 9 matches he played. He won 56% of the duels.
- Matheus Nunes played the current EPL season at an average of 1.1 key passes per match with 59% dribbling success.
Brentford vs Wolves Prediction: Defence Statistics
- Brentford has conceded goals at an average of 1.75 per game this season. The Bees had 4 clean sheets.
- Ben Mee has been the top performer in the defence for Brentford. Mee has maintained an average of 3 clearances per game so far with 66% success in ground duels. Goalkeeper David Raya has played well with an average of 4.3 saves per match at a success rate of 71%.
- The Wolves’ goal-conceding average stands at 1.50 till now. They also had 4 clean sheets.
- Nathan Collins is one of the leading defenders of Wolverhampton. Collins has played with a clearance average of 3.4 per match. His passing accuracy is 91% in the current season. Goalkeeper Jose Sa has given a decent performance of 2.7 saves per match at a success rate of 64%.
Brentford vs Wolves Head-to-Head Statistics
Matches: 29 | Brentford: 12 | Draw: 3 | Wolves: 14
Recent 5 Meetings: Brentford: 1 | Draw: 1 | Wolves: 3
Last Meeting: Wolverhampton defeated Brentford with a score of 2-1 in a Premier League fixture on 22 January 2022.
Brentford vs Wolves Head-to-Head: Key Highlights
In the last 5 home games against Wolverhampton, Brentford:
- Scored 1.8 goals per match
- Failed to score once
In the last 5 away games against Brentford, Wolverhampton:
- Scored 0.8 goals per match
- Failed to score thrice
Brentford vs Wolves Odds
Brentford vs Wolves Prediction: Injuries
- Keane Lewis-Potter (Left Winger): Fitness
- Sasa Kalajdzic (Center Forward): Cruciate Ligament Rupture
- Chiquinho (Left Winger): Cruciate Ligament Injury
- Pedro Neto (Left Winger): Ankle Injury
- Raul Jimenez (Center-Forward): Hip Problems
Brentford (3-5-2): Raya; Pinnock, Mee, Ajer; Henry, Jensen, Janelt, Onyeka, Roerslev; Toney, Mbeumo
Wolves (4-2-3-1): Sa; Castro, Collins, Kilman, Bueno; Moutinho, Neves; Adama, Nunes, Podence; Costa
Final Insight and Analysis
Although the Wolves are having a slight upper hand as per the H2H stats, the current form favors Brentford. Moreover, the Bees will be having home support on their side.
Wolverhampton’s away stats show how much they struggled this season, especially at goal-scoring. The attackers need to pull their socks up to put up an improved performance in the upcoming match. All the predictions and betting markets are unanimously suggesting a win for Brentford in this clash.