Everton vs Bournemouth Prediction: Statistical Analysis
EFL Cup will be back with another round of matches as Bournemouth hosts Everton at the Vitality Stadium. Both teams had a Contrasting Matchday 2. Bournemouth was held by Norwich City for a 2-2 Draw at Carrow road. On the other hand, Toffees are coming off a 1-0 Victory over Fleetwood.
Everton vs Bournemouth Prediction: Goals Scored and Conceded
- When compared to usual EPL teams, Everton’s home record is below average with two wins, one defeat, and two ties. Everton has, however, kept teams like Liverpool close while playing far better opponents. Overall, the home team is 6-3. Additionally, the Toffees’ away record has been appalling, with a goal differential of 5-3.
- The typical Everton goal at home occurs between 50 and 60 minutes into the First Half. The Toffees, though, have been dominant in the first half of their last two games, scoring both of their team’s opening goals within the opening 15 minutes of each contest.
- Bournemouth managed to win only 1 of the last 5 home games. They failed to score in 3 of those 5 games. The overall goal aggregate stood at 4-5.
- Bournemouth is yet to register a win away from home. They maintained a scoring rate of 1.2 per game in the last 5 away matches with an overall aggregate of 6-16.
Everton vs Bournemouth Prediction: Form (Last 5 Premier League Matches)
- This season, the Toffees have struggled to score goals, with no forward particularly standing out.
- According to statistics, Anthony Gordon, Dwight Mcneil, and Alex Iwobi have scored the most goals for the Toffees.
- Anthony Gordon has made 11 appearances (plus one sub-appearance). He took 17 shots and scored 15 goals on target. Gordon averages 19 passes per match with a pass completion rate of 79%. Toffees’ goal scoring has been revived by Gordon, who scored two out of three in the first half.
- Dwight McNeil has participated in six matches (plus seven as a sub). From a total of 4 shots, he has 2 shots on target and 2 goals. With a completion rate of 79% and no assists, McNeil averages 16 passes per game.
- Keiffer Moore, Dominic Solanke, and Philip Billing have scored the most goals for Bournemouth.
- Kieffer Moore has played 13 matches and has 4 shots on target from a total of 7 shots and has scored 3 goals. Kieffer Moore averages 14 passes per match with a pass completion rate of 60%, and has 0 assists
- Dominic Solanke has played 10 matches and has 9 shots on target from a total of 15 shots and has scored 2 goals. Dominic Solanke averages 14 passes per match with a pass completion rate of 75%, and has 3 assists
- Philip Billing has played 11 matches and has 4 shots on target from a total of 6 shots and has scored 3 goals. Philip Billing averages 26 passes per match with a pass completion rate of 78%, and has 1 assist
Everton vs Bournemouth Prediction: Defence Analysis
- Everton has a Strong Defensive base and it is evident in the results so far. In spite of its attacking issues, Toffee’s has not conceded many goals this season and is averaging better than a Typical Epl side with 0.60 less Conceded. Jordan Pickford for them has been Particularly standing out with a Save Percentage of 81%.
Some Key Defenders
- Tarkowski and Conor Coady have been Key defenders for Everton this season. Tarkowski has won 28 tackles and 59 aerial duels. He also made a total of 30 blocks on top of that.
- 40 aerial contests and 18 tackles have been won by Conor Coady. He also made a total of 9 blocks on top of that.
- Bournemouth has defensive Problems. The Cherries concede 0.60 goals more than the average of EPL. Not only goals but also Shots conceded are more than any Premier League side which is 0.40 shots more than the Premier League sides. The Main Problem for them has been formed has been Save Percentage is 10% lower than Premier League Average.
Some Key Defenders
- Mepham has won in 25 tackles and 51 aerial battles. He added a total of 14 blocks on top of that.
Everton vs Bournemouth Head-to-Head Statistics
Matches: 14 | Everton: 8 | Draw: 2 | Bournemouth: 4
Recent 5 Meetings: Everton: 1 | Draw: 2 | Bournemouth: 3
Last Meeting: Bournemouth defeated Everton 3-1 in the last match.
Everton vs Bournemouth Head-to-Head: Key Highlights
Everton Playing against Bournemouth has:
- Scored 1.4 goals per match.
- One clean sheet.
- Won 1 of the last five games.
Bournemouth playing against Everton has:
- Scored 2.0 goals per match.
- No Clean sheet.
- Won 3 of the last five matches.
Bournemouth vs Everton Odds
Everton vs Bournemouth Team News
Yerry Mina’s fitness is still questionable, while Andros Townsend (knee) and Ben Godfrey (leg) are unlikely to play before the World Cup.
After suffering ankle and leg injuries, Dominic Solanke and Neto did not return for the second half of Bournemouth’s defeat to West Ham.
They will join captain Lloyd Kelly (ankle) and David Brooks (thigh) on the sidelines.
Everton vs Bournemouth Prediction: Predicted Lineup
Everton Predicted 11: Pickford; Patterson, Coady, Tarkowski, Mykolenko; Iwobi, Gueye, Onana; Gordon, Calvert-Lewin, Gray.
Bournemouth Predicted 11: Travers; Smith, Mepham, Senesi; Tavernier, Cook, Lerma, Billing, Zemura; Solanke; Moore
Final Analysis and Insights
Both teams are in for an intriguing contest as they face off at Vitality Stadium. Bournemouth playing at Home has an added advantage with its Home record better against the Toffees with three wins in the last five matches. Toffees on the other hand have not been that good when traveling outside too.
Coming to our Prediction, we are going in for a 1-1 draw.