Liverpool vs Leeds Prediction and Statistical Analysis
Liverpool vs Leeds Prediction
When is Liverpool most likely to score a goal? This season, Liverpool has scored 45% of its goals after 60 minutes.
When is Leeds United most likely to score a goal? Leeds United has scored 60% of its goals in the second half in the away fixtures
Who is More Likely to score for Liverpool? In the past three seasons at Anfield, Mohammad Salah has scored the most goals for the Reds.
Who is likely to win the match? Liverpool: 3, Leeds: 1
Statistical analysis is based on historic performance. Player performance in the match may not necessarily replicate the recent performances.
On October 29, 2022, at 18:45 UTC, Liverpool will play host to Leeds United at Anfield in Liverpool, England. Liverpool is now in 8th place on the table, while Leeds United is currently sitting in 18th place.
Both sides suffered losses on the previous matchday. Liverpool was left surprised by Nottingham who rode their luck to beat the Reds. On the other hand, Leeds fell short against inspired Fulham.
Liverpool vs Leeds United Prediction: Goal Analysis
- In the last five matches, Liverpool has been inconsistent with the results as well as goal scoring. The reds have won two, and lost two matches.
- However, the home form of the Reds has been pretty even and one of the best among Elite Teams with no loss in the last five matches.
- Liverpool has also been pretty consistent in goal-scoring in home matches with two or more goals in the last five matches.
- Talking about the time frame, the Reds’ 40% of the goal at Anfield came before the 30th minute of the match.
- Liverpool defensively has been solid at home conceding only four goals in the last five fixtures, most of them conceded in the second half.
- Leeds United has had a terrible year on the road, losing four of its last five games. Leeds scored 5 goals while allowing 12 goals in those away games.
- Leeds has only won two of four games at home; this record has also been patchy. Leeds Units hasn’t had a single victory since August 21.
In the last five home matches in the Premier League, Liverpool has:
- Scored 3.2 goals per match.
- Conceded 0.8 goals per match.
- Scored in each game.
- Had 3 clean sheets.
In the last five away matches in Premier League, Leeds United has:
- Scored 1.00 goals per match.
- Conceded 2.4 goals per match.
- Failed to score twice.
- No clean sheets.
- The majority of Liverpool’s scoring so far this season has come from Luis Diaz, Mohamed Salah, and Roberto Firmino.
- Out of the 19 goals, the Reds have scored this season, 12 have been scored by the Trio.
- Referring to “Home and Away”, a three-player formation, the best away goal percentage belongs to Luis Diaz.
Liverpool Last Five Matches: Forwards Form
- With 0.6 goals in the last five games against three different clubs, Darwin Nunez has been in excellent form for Liverpool.
- Mohammad Salah has scored Four goals in the last five games with a Hattrick against Rangers and a match-winning goal against Manchester City.
- 70% of Leeds United’s goals so far this season have been scored by Rodrigo and Luis Sinisterra. Together, they have scored seven goals for Leeds United.
Leeds Last Five Matches: Forwards Form
- Since Rodrigo and Sinisterra have combined to score just one goal in the previous five games, it is clear that Leeds United’s goal-scoring performance has not been great.
Liverpool vs Leeds Prediction: Yellow Card Statistics
- Trent Alexander Arnold and Fabinho are the most carded players for the Red this season with two cards each.
- The average number of yellow cards per match for Liverpool is more than 1 card per match.
- Rassman Nissen and Sinisterra have been carded thrice each in Nine games for Leeds United.
- The average number of yellow cards per match for the Leeds United this season is more than two cards per match
Read our Other Predictions
- Leicester City vs Man City Prediction
- Brighton vs Chelsea Prediction
- Liverpool vs Leeds United Prediction
- Bournemouth vs Tottenham Prediction
- Brentford vs Wolves Prediction
- Newcastle vs Aston Villa Prediction
- Fulham vs Everton Prediction
- Arsenal vs Nottingham Forest Prediction
- Manchester United vs West Ham Prediction
Liverpool vs Leeds Prediction: Defence Statistics
- Liverpool’s defence when compared to other Premier League sides, the Reds have conceded 1.18 goals this season which is .40 goals less than the Premier League average.
- Talking about shots conceded and shots on targets, Liverpool has shown weakness compared to some top sides.
- Leeds has conceded 5 more shots than Liverpool this season. This has been the difference between both sides with Meslier’s average Save Percentage.
Key Defensive Players for Both Teams:
This season, Virgil Van Dijk has been sensational and just put on an amazing performance against Manchester City. In addition to his outstanding performance on interceptions, the Dutchman averages 3.8 clearances every game.
Another crucial Liverpool defender who has excelled at tackles this year is Trent Alexander Arnold.
For Leeds United, Pascal Struijk is the star defender. This season, Struijk has continued to average 3.5 tackles each game. He also contributed to the goal.
Another important defender is Robin Koch, who has participated in 3.2 clearances per game and won 64% of the aerial battles.
Liverpool vs Leeds United Head to Head
Matches: 121 | Liverpool: 62 | Draw: 31 | Leeds: 28
Recent 5 Meetings: Liverpool: 4 | Draw: | Leeds: 0
Last Meeting: the game ended in a 6-0 Victory for Liverpool.
Liverpool vs Leeds United Head to Head: Key Highlights
In the last five matches against Leeds, Liverpool has:
- Scored 3.2 goals per match.
- Three clean sheets.
- Not lost a match.
- Failed to score more than two goals only once.
In the last five matches against Liverpool, Leeds has:
- Scored 0.8 goals per match.
- No clean sheet.
- Failed to score three times.
Did you Know?
- Liverpool has only lost one home game in the last twenty matches played between both sides.
Liverpool vs Leeds United Odds
Liverpool vs Leeds Prediction: Line Up
- Liverpool: (4-4-2): Allisson, Milner, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Elliott, Fabinho, Jones, Carvalho; Salah, Firmino
- Leeds United: (4-2-3-1): Meslier, Ayling, Koch, Cooper, Struijk; Greenwood, Roca; Harrison, Aaronson, Sinisterra; Rodrigo
Liverpool vs Leeds United Soccer Prediction
Liverpool will be hosting Leeds United at Anfield. At home, the Reds have been a clear devil and have not let their opposition dominate them on home ground. It will take a performance of a lifetime from Leeds when they visit Anfield to turn around their poor away record, which includes no victories in the last five games.
Head-to-head and current form favor the Reds, and at home, where they have destroyed every club this year, this trend is unmatched and highly unlikely to change.
We believe the Reds can score more than two goals but will fail to keep a clean sheet.