Liverpool vs Southampton Prediction: Statistical Analysis
Southampton vs Liverpool Prediction
When is Liverpool most likely to score a goal? Liverpool has failed to dominate in the first half this season. At home, they scored a majority of goals in the second half, specifically after the 70th minute.
When is Southampton most likely to score a goal? Southampton has struggled to score in away fixtures. In the last 5 away games, they managed to score just 1 goal.
Who is most likely to score for Liverpool? Mo Salah has looked in excellent touch in recent matches. He is likely to score for the Reds in the upcoming game.
Who is most likely to score for Southampton? The last 5 goals of Southampton have come from 5 different players which makes it difficult to predict the goal-scorer in the next match.
Who is likely to win the match? Liverpool: 3, Southampton: 0
All statistical analysis is based on historic performance. Player performance in the match may not necessarily replicate the recent performances.
Liverpool will aim to grab 3 crucial points when they host Southampton in the upcoming EPL fixture on Saturday, 12 November. The Reds failed to perform as per their reputation till now. They lost two back-to-back games after the famous win over Man City. However, Klopp’s men are coming off a 2-1 away win against Tottenham in the last match. Liverpool is currently in the 8th position on the points table with 19 points.
Southampton will face a tough challenge to avoid their third consecutive loss when they meet the Reds at Anfield. The Saints have fallen down to the relegation zone after a disappointing performance over the last few weeks.
Liverpool vs Southampton Prediction: Goal Analysis
- Liverpool won 3 of the last 5 home games. They scored 1.6 goals per game with an aggregate of 8-6. The away record of the Reds does not look good. They lost 3 of the last 5 away matches. Liverpool scored 5 goals and conceded 8.
- Liverpool has scored 4 of the last 5 goals in the first half. They are likely to take an early lead in the upcoming match. The defenders conceded first in only 1 of the last 5 fixtures.
- Southampton could win only 1 of the last 5 away games. They failed to score in 4 of them and conceded 6 goals. The Saints couldn’t dominate in home games too. In the last 5 home matches, they scored 1.2 goals per game with an aggregate of 6-9.
- Southampton will get very few chances against the strong Liverpool defence. Looking at their recent performances in away games, they are expected to finish the game goalless.
- All stats and metrics highlight that Liverpool is likely to score first. They may not concede any goal and finish the match on a clean sheet.
Southampton vs Liverpool Prediction: Forwards Statistics
Liverpool has a star-studded forward panel led by the formidable striker, Mohamed Salah. The other key strikers include Roberto Firmino and Darwin Nunez.
- Mohamed Salah has scored 6 goals so far. He also assisted in 3 goals and created 3 big chances for the Reds.
- Roberto Firmino also added 6 goals to his name till now. He played with an average of 1.5 shots on target per match.
- Darwin Nunez scored thrice as of now. He maintained an average of 1.2 key passes per game.
Some of the prominent players in Southampton’s forward panel are Che Adams, Stuart Armstrong, and Mohamed Elyounoussi.
- Che Adams is the leading scorer for the Saints this season with 3 goals. He played with an average of 1.2 key passes per game.
- Stuart Armstrong played with a passing accuracy of 82% this season. He won 50% of aerial duels.
- Mohamed Elyounoussi got a dribbling success of 53%. His interception average stands at 0.7 per match.
Liverpool vs Southampton Odds
Liverpool vs Southampton Prediction: Defence Statistics
- Liverpool has conceded 1.23 goals per game which looks much higher this season. The Reds could finish 3 games on clean sheets.
- Virgil van Dijk has been one of the defenders of the Premier League. This season, he played with an average of 4 clearances per game with 74% success in aerial duels. Goalkeeper Alisson maintained an average of 3.3 saves per game at a success rate of 73%.
- Southampton’s goal-conceding average is currently at 1.71 per game. They had only 1 clean sheet so far.
- Mohammed Salisu continues to be the leading defender for the Saints. Salisu played with an average of 5.1 clearances per match till now with 78% dribbling success. Goalkeeper Gavin Bazunu hasn’t been that good. He played with an average of 2.4 saves per match at a success rate of 59%.
Southampton vs Liverpool Prediction: Head-to-Head Statistics
Matches: 116 | Liverpool: 60 | Draw: 25 | Southampton: 31
Recent 5 Meetings: Liverpool: 4 | Draw: 0 | Southampton:: 1
Last Meeting: Liverpool defeated Southampton with a score of 2-1 in a Premier League fixture on 17 May 2022.
Liverpool vs Southampton Head-to-Head: Key Highlights
In the last 5 home games against Southampton, Liverpool:
- Won all 5 matches
- Scored 3.2 goals per match
In the last 5 away games against Liverpool, Southampton:
- Lost all 5 matches
- Failed to score in all matches
Liverpool vs Southampton Winning Odds
Read our other EPL Prediction and Odds
- Fulham vs Man United Prediction: Statistical Analysis
- Wolves vs Arsenal Prediction: Statistical Analysis
- Newcastle vs Chelsea Prediction: Statistical Analysis
- Nottingham Forest vs Crystal Palace Prediction: Statistical Analysis
- Tottenham vs Leeds Prediction: Statistical Analysis
- West Ham vs Leicester Prediction: Statistical Analysis
- Bournemouth vs Everton Prediction: Statistical Analysis
Liverpool vs Southampton Betting Tips
- Liverpool to score first: Yes
- Southampton to score: No
- Winner: Liverpool
Liverpool vs Southampton Predicted Lineup
Liverpool (4-1-2-1-2): Alisson; Robertson, van Dijk, Konate, Alexander-Arnold; Fabinho; Alcantara, Elliott; Firmino; Salah, Nunez
Southampton (4-2-3-1): Bazunu; Larios, Bella-Kotchap, Salisu, Perraud; Ward-Prowse, Maitland-Niles; Armstrong, Adams, Elyounoussi; Walcott
Southampton vs Liverpool Prediction: Final Insight and Analysis
Liverpool recently picked up a victory in the Carabao Cup against Derby County which helped them advance to the next round. The victory comes after their EPL win against the 4th-placed Tottenham on last Saturday. This season the Reds haven’t looked at their best so far. It’s high time now to consistently secure 3 points in the upcoming matches to target a spot in the top 4. Liverpool is expected to go all guns blazing against the Saints on Saturday.
Southampton, on the other hand, is struggling with their form. They got only 1 win in the last 5 games. It will be a mammoth task for them to avoid another defeat in the upcoming match. All the predictions and betting platforms are favoring Liverpool for this fixture.