Southampton vs Man City Prediction, Analysis and Team News
|Man City vs Southampton Prediction|
When is Man City most likely to score a goal? Man City has scored 35% of its goals in between 61-80 minutes this season.
When is Southampton most likely to score a goal? Southampton has scored 48% of its goals in between 41-60 minutes this season.
Who is most likely to score for Man City? It is difficult to bet against Erling Haaland with the Kind of Form Man City’s Striker has shown this season
Who is most likely to score for Southampton? Southampton’s likely goal can come from Aribo given his outstanding Shooting accuracy this Season.
Who is most likely to assist in this game? We Expect City to score a whole lot more goals and one of the goals can come from an assist from De Bruyne.
Who is likely to win the match? City: 4 Southampton: 0
Manchester City and Southampton will meet at 14:00 UTC on 8 October 2022 at Etihad Stadium in Manchester City, England. Currently, Manchester City is ranked 2nd, and Southampton is ranked 16th. Man City has dominated this season, scoring a minimum of 2 goals in 6 out of 7 matches. In contrast, Southampton has only scored one goal in its last three games.
Southampton vs Man City Prediction: Goals Scored and Conceded
- Manchester has been ruthless at home averaging around 4.50 goals this season and has never failed to score in the second half.
- Manchester City has not given up many goals at home. However, they concedes more goals in the second half as compared to the first half
- Southampton has not Mustered much goals in away Fixtures this season. They have scored 40% lower goals in away Fixtures as compared to Home Fixtures.
Southampton vs Man City Prediction: Home and Away Form (Last 5 EPL Matches)
Man City when playing at home in the last five matches has:
- Scored 4.50 goals per match.
- Never Failed to score.
- Two Clean sheets.
- Conceded 1.4 goals per match.
- Shot Conversion rate of 48% on every shot on target.
Southampton when playing away in the last five matches has:
- Scored 0.60 goals per match.
- Failed to score twice.
- No clean sheets.
- Conceded 2.2 goals per match.
- Shot Conversion rate of 18% on every shot on target.
- Needless to say, Erling Haaland has been rolling for Man City this season. City’s Striker is averaging 1.91 goals per match with a Shooting accuracy of 58%.
- Phil Foden has Improved from Last year, his Shooting accuracy has gone up by 17%.
- De Bruyne is averaging one assist per match this season.
- Che Adams and Aribo has scored 0.67 goals combined for Southampton this season.
- Joe Aribo has the Superior Shooting accuracy to Che Adams this season.
Man City vs Southampton Prediction: Yellow Card Statistics
- Man City: Cancelo is the most Carded player for Manchester City this season with 0.25 cards per match, Followed by Rodri who is averaging 0.14 cards per match.
- Southampton: Mohammad Salisu has been most carded player for Southampton with 0.28 cards per match, Followed by James Ward Prawse.
Man City vs Southampton Prediction: Defence Statistics
- Throughout the Premier League this season, Man City has conceded only one goal per match, and three of those goals have come against United. Except for that game, City has not allowed an opponent to score even a single goal per match. City has conceded the least shots on goal in the Premier League this season with an Equally Impressive Tackles Success Percentage.
- Southampton on the other hand has Conceded almost twice the number of Shots and is not better at tackling too. However, they have been excellent in Interception. they have conceded 0.5 goals more than city per match.
|Shots conceded per game||6.5||11|
Man City vs Southampton Prediction: Goal Keeper Stats
- Edersen has been Mediocre in Inspite of him conceding only one goal per match in the Premier League. His Save Percentage is Lowest among Top Premier League Sides.
- Gavin Bazunu Like Edersen has not been Trouble the Forwards, His Save Percentage is 12.8 is Lower to League’s Average.
Man City vs Southampton Prediction: Head-to-Head Statistics
Matches: 98| Man City: 39 | Draw: 27 | Southampton: 32
Last 5 Meetings: Man City: 3 | Draw: 2 | Southampton: –
Last Meeting: Man City defeated Southampton 4-1 in the last encounter on 20 March 2022.
Key Highlights: This Fixture
In the last five games against Southampton, Man City has:
- Scored 2.2 goals per match.
- Two clean sheets.
- Failed to score once.
- Scored 2.5 goals at the Etihad Stadium.
In the Last five games against Man City, Southampton has:
- Scored 0.8 goals per match.
- One clean sheet.
- Failed to score twice.
- Scored one goal per match at the Etihad Stadium.
Manchester City vs Southampton Prediction: Odds
Man City vs Southampton Prediction: Team News
- Manchester City will be without injured trio John Stones, Kalvin Phillips, and Kyle Walker for Southampton’s visit.
- After missing Wednesday’s Manchester Derby, Rodri is expected to start here after being included in the matchday squad.
- Injured duo Romeo Lavia and Tino Livramento will not be available for Southampton.
Man City vs Southampton f.c lineups (Predicted)
According to us Man City vs Southampton f.c lineups can be:
Man City (4-3-3): Ederson; Walker, Stones, Dias, Cancelo; Bruyne, Gundogan Silva; Grealish, Haaland, Foden
Southampton f.c: (4-2-3-1): Bazunu; Caleta-Car, Larios, Bella-Kotchap, Walker-Peters; Maitland-Niles, Ward-Prowse; Armstrong, Aribo; Mara, Adams
Southampton vs Man City Prediction: Final Analysis and Prediction
Erling Haaland has made a big impact on Man City’s attack this season and has already surpassed Raheem Sterling’s goal tally from last season. In contrast, Southampton has struggled to score goals and has been hot and cold with its attack.
- Man City’s attack is far Superior to Southampton.The city has scored three times as many goals as Southampton. The Premier League Champions have scored 3.75 goals per match against Southampton’s 1.25. at home, Man City scored 4.50 goals per game.
- Defensively too, City has been as solid as their attack and has only let go one goal per match and are the league’s best in terms of Shots on goals conceded and pose a hard time to Southampton’s attack who has a Shot Conversion of 18%
- Edersen is the only Weak Link in Man City side, if Southampton Managed to hit 3 shots on target they can score a goal or two against him