Manchester United vs West Ham Prediction and Statistical Analysis
On October 30, 2022, West Ham United will play Manchester United at Old Trafford stadium in Manchester, England. West Ham is now in the 15th position, while Manchester United is currently in the 5th position.
A thrilling encounter between Man United and Chelsea recently resulted in a draw as a result of goals from both teams in the closing five minutes. On the other hand, West Ham dominated the game and defeated Bournemouth 2-0.
Manchester United vs West Ham United Prediction: Goals Scored and Conceded
- Manchester United has a decent home record, winning 3 and losing one out of the 5 home EPL games this season. In away games, Man Utd has won 3 and lost 3 out of 7 games played. In away games, the goal aggregate is 8-12 while in home games, the goal aggregate is 8-4.
- The Manchester United attack has been quite iffy this season with the first Man U Goal in a game coming in the second half in 5 out of the 9 games. Only 3 first goals came in the first 30 minutes. After initial defeats in August, Man United has taken a more defensive approach conceding just 2 home goals in September and October. These goals came on an average in the 70th minute.
- In their last five away games, West Ham has only managed one victory, which came against a lackluster Aston Villa team. Their overall away goal total is 3-5. West Ham has only managed one away goal so far. The goal in this season’s road games and two incidents of scoring failure
- The Hammers have not scored in three of their last five games, making their away statistics poor. In road games, West Ham plays defensively. Naturally, their games have featured fewer goals, with an average goal conceded ranking of roughly 50th Minutes and Conceding the 60th Minutes.
Manchester United vs West Ham Prediction: Form (Last 5 Premier League Matches)
- West Ham has only managed eight goals so far this season, with Antonio, Scamacca, and Bowen each scoring two.
- A key forward for West Ham, Scamacca, shoots accurately 50% of the time.
Read our other Predictions:
- Leicester City vs Man City Prediction
- Brighton vs Chelsea Prediction
- Liverpool vs Leeds United Prediction
- Bournemouth vs Tottenham Prediction
- Brentford vs Wolves Prediction
- Newcastle vs Aston Villa Prediction
- Fulham vs Everton Prediction
- Arsenal vs Nottingham Forest Prediction
- Crystal Palace vs Southampton Prediction
Man United vs West Ham Prediction: Defence Statistics
- Currently, Man United is averaging 1.20 goals allowed per game in the Premier League. Seven sheets were spotless.
One of the most dependable defenders is Raphael Varane. Varane has averaged 4 clearances per game this season while winning 72% of the aerial battles. David De Gea, the goalkeeper, is performing admirably. He continued to make 2.6 saves on average each game, with a 63% success rate.
- West Ham has allowed 1.11 goals per game in the Premier League this year. The Hammers have so far kept two clean sheets.
- One of West Ham’s most trustworthy defenders is Aaron Cresswell. He has played this season with 2.9 clearances on average per game, winning 73% of the aerial duels. Lukasz Fabianski, the goalkeeper, consistently makes an average of two saves per game, with a 69% success rate.
Man Utd vs West Ham Prediction: Head-to-Head Statistics
Matches: 149 | Man United: 71 | Draw: 37 | West Ham: 46
Recent 5 Meetings: Man United: 4 | Draw: 0 | West Ham: 1
Last Meeting: United defeated West Ham with a score of 1-0 in a Premier League fixture on 22 Jan 2022
Man United vs West Ham Head-to-Head: Key Highlights
In the last five matches against West Ham, Man United has:
- Scored One goal per match.
- Three clean sheets.
- Won all matches at Old Trafford.
In the last five matches against Man United, West ham has:
- Scored 0.6 goals per match.
- failed to score thrice.
- won only one match.
Man United vs West Ham Odds
Man Utd vs West Ham Prediction: Betting Tips
- Result: Man United Win
- Man United to win Either half: Yes
- United to score first: Yes
Statistical analysis is based on historic performance. Player performance in the match may not necessarily replicate the recent performances.
Man United vs West Ham Predicted Lineup
- Man United: De Gea; Dalot, Varane, Martinez, Shaw; Casemiro; Antony, Fernandes, Eriksen, Sancho; Rashford
- West Ham: Fabianski, Cresswell, Kehrer, Zouma, Johnson; Fornals, Paqueta, Rice, Downes; Scamacca, Bowen
Final Analysis and Insights
- In the previous five games, both teams have shown strong run-off performance, winning 60% of those games. However, the key distinction going into this game is West Ham’s away performance and head-to-head record against Manchester United.
- In their last five away games, West Ham has gone scoreless twice, while against United, they have gone scoreless three times in their last five games.
- Given that United’s defence is improving, Man United could win this 2-0 or 2-1