Newcastle vs Aston Villa Prediction and Statistical Analysis
Newcastle vs Aston Villa Prediction
When is Newcastle most likely to score a goal? This season, Newcastle has scored most of the goals in the first half, especially in 30-45 minutes.
When is Aston Villa most likely to score a goal? Aston Villa struggled at goal-scoring this season. 28.6% of their goals came in the time frame of 60-75 minutes.
Who is most likely to score for Newcastle? Miguel Almiron looked in excellent touch in recent games. He is likely to score for the Magpies in the upcoming game as well.
Who is most likely to score for Aston Villa? Danny Ings looked in good form in the last match. Villa will hope he scores in the next match too.
Who is likely to win the match? Newcastle 2 Aston Villa 0
All statistical analysis is based on historic performance. Player performance in the match may not necessarily replicate the recent performances.
Newcastle United is set to host Aston Villa at St. James Park for the upcoming fixture on Saturday, 29 October. The Magpies have been brilliant over the last few weeks. They will aim to secure all 3 points and consolidate their position on the points table.
It will be a big challenge for Aston Villa to avoid another defeat when they meet Newcastle in the upcoming away clash. It has been a very disappointing campaign for Villa so far. The dismal performance resulted in the sacking of team manager Steven Gerrard last week. However, Villa is coming off an emphatic win over Brentford in the last fixture.
Newcastle United vs Aston Villa Prediction: Goal Analysis
- Newcastle United has a very impressive record at home and has not lost any match. The overall home goal aggregate is 10-5 in 5 games.
- Aston Villa has failed to win a single game in their last five away matches. Their away goal aggregate is 3-8. Aston Villa hasn’t scored more than 1 away goal in away matches this season and failed to score on two occasions.
- Aston Villa’s away goal performance can be explained by the fact that their average number of goals scored by them is 15 minutes after Goals are conceded. Villa’s average goal has come in the 40th Minute and their average goal conceded is in the 25th Minute.
- Manchester United’s record on the road is Sub-Par; the team has won 2 of its last 5 games, scoring a total of 8: 4 goals. However, the home record is respectable, 10: 5, with no loss.
- Newcastle has been competitive in away games, with the first goal coming in an average of 40 minutes, compared to 52 minutes at home. According to data collected thus far, Newcastle’s home form holds an advantage for them, scoring a goal on average in the 40th minute of away games and in roughly 35 minutes at home.
Newcastle vs Aston Villa Prediction: Forwards Statistics
Newcastle’s forward attack has performed well in the current Premier League. The top players include Miguel Almiron, Callum Wilson, and Bruno Guimaraes.
- Miguel Almiron has led the attack well in recent matches. He scored 6 goals so far along with a success rate of 52% in duels.
- Callum Wilson is another key striker. He scored 4 goals this season, playing with an average of 1 key pass per match.
- Bruno Guimaraes has added 2 goals and 2 assists to his name. His passing accuracy stands at 85%.
The forward panel of Aston Villa has disappointed so far. It comprises players like Danny Ings, Ollie Watkins, and Douglas Luiz.
- Danny Ings scored 3 goals this season, playing at an average of 1.9 shots per game. He got a dribbling success of 71%.
- Ollie Watkins has failed to repeat the performance of the last season He is struggling with 1 just 2 goals from 11 matches.
- Douglas Luiz is one of the important midfielders who has played the current season with a passing accuracy of 84% and 56% success in aerial duels.
Read our other Prediction:
- Leicester City vs Man City Prediction
- Brighton vs Chelsea Prediction
- Liverpool vs Leeds United Prediction
- Bournemouth vs Tottenham Prediction
- Brentford vs Wolves Prediction
- Manchester United vs West Ham Prediction
- Fulham vs Everton Prediction
- Arsenal vs Nottingham Forest Prediction
- Crystal Palace vs Southampton Prediction
Newcastle United vs Aston Villa Prediction: Defence Statistics
- Newcastle conceded goals at an average of 0.82 goals per match. They had 5 clean sheets so far.
- Kieran Trippier has performed well as the defender for the Magpies. He maintained an average of 2 clearances per game, winning 52% of ground duels. Goalkeeper Nick Pope has played with an average of 3.1 saves per match at a success rate of 79%.
- Aston Villa’s defenders have conceded 1.45 goals per match till now. They had just 2 clean sheets till now.
- Ashley Young is one of the leading defenders for Aston Villa this season. He has played with an average of 2 tackles per match. Young also won 69% of aerial duels. Goalkeeper Emiliano Martinez has maintained an average of 2.9 saves per game with a success rate of 67%.
Newcastle vs Aston Villa Head-to-Head Statistics
Matches: 169 | Newcastle: 72 | Draw: 39 | Aston Villa: 58
Recent 5 Meetings: Newcastle: 1 | Draw: 2 | Aston: 2
Last Meeting: Newcastle United defeated Aston Villa with a score of 1-0 in a Premier League fixture on 13 February 2022.
Newcastle vs Aston Villa Head-to-Head: Key Highlights
In the last 5 home games against Aston Villa, Newcastle:
- Won 2 matches
- Scored in each match
In the last 5 away games against Newcastle, Aston Villa:
- Failed to win any match
- Failed to score in 2 matches
Newcastle vs Aston Villa Odds
Newcastle vs Aston Villa Prediction: Injuries
- Emil Krafth (Right-Back): Cruciate Ligament Rupture
- Alexander Isak (Center-Forward): Hamstring Injury
- Karl Darlow (Goalkeeper): Ankle Injury
- Allan Saint-Maximin (Left Winger): Muscle Injury
- Jed Steer (Goalkeeper): Achilles Tendon Problems
- Diego Carlos (Center-Back): Achilles Tendon Rupture
- Boubacar Kamara (Defensive Midfield): Knee Injury
- Lucas Digne (Left-Back): Ankle Injury
Newcastle (4-3-3): Pope; Burn, Botman, Schar, Trippier; Willock, Guimaraes, Longstaff; Joelinton, Wilson, Almiron
Aston Villa (4-2-3-1): Martinez; Cash, Konsa, Mings, Young; Dendoncker, Luiz; Watkins, Buendia, Bailey; Ings
Final Insight and Analysis
Newcastle has been excellent in home matches this season. They will surely look to put pressure on the visitors by taking an early lead on Saturday. On the other hand, Aston Villa needs to prepare for a strong challenge from the Magpies. The last home win against Brentford might have lifted the team’s confidence. As per the predictions and betting platforms, Newcastle United has a higher chance of winning this fixture.