Southampton vs Chelsea Prediction: Statistical Analysis
|Southampton vs Chelsea Prediction.|
When is Southampton most likely to score a goal? Southampton is likely to score in the second half.
When is Chelsea most likely to score a goal? Chelsea is also most likely to score in the second half but the odds of scoring in the first half aren’t that poor either.
Who is most likely to score for Southampton? Che Adams is most likely to score for Southampton.
Who is most likely to score for Chelsea? Mason Mount is most likely to score for Chelsea.
Who is likely to win the match? Chelsea 2, Southampton 1
The Southampton City Football Club will take on Chelsea at St. Mary’s stadium, Southampton city starting on 30 Aug 2022. Both teams had Contrasting results on Matchday 3. Southampton was defeated by Man United in a low scoring match, when a solitary Bruno Fernandes goal proved enough to separate the two sides. Chelsea played a high-octane Clash with Leicester city where Sterling’s brace proved to be a difference in a game that saw Gallagher sent off.
Southampton vs Chelsea Prediction: Goals Scored and Conceded
- Southampton has scored 1.6 goals per match in the last five matches.
- Southampton has conceded 1.6 goals per match in the last five matches.
|Goals Scored||Goals Conceded|
|First 15 minutes||1|
|16 to 30 minutes||1||1|
|31 to 45 minutes||1|
|46 to 60 minutes||1||4|
|61 to 75 minutes||2||2|
|76 to 90 minutes||3|
|Total (Last 5 Matches)||8||8|
- Chelsea has scored 9 goals in the last five matches at 1.8 goals per match
- Chelsea has conceded 7 goals in the last five matches at 1.4 goals per match.
- Chelsea has had 5 different Goal scorers in the last five matches.
|Goals Scored||Goals Conceded|
|First 15 minutes|
|16 to 30 minutes||2|
|31 to 45 minutes||2||3|
|46 to 60 minutes||1|
|61 to 75 minutes||1||3|
|76 to 90 minutes||2||1|
|Total (Last 5 Games)||9||7|
- Che Adams, Joe Aribo, and James Ward Prowse have scored all the Goals for Southampton so far.
- James Ward Prowse has one assist to his name,
- Raheem Sterling, Mason Mount, and Jorginho has scored 80% of the goals for Chelsea.
- Raheem Sterling and Mason Mount have one assist a Piece.
|Goals per Match|
|James Ward Prowse||0.2|
Top Scorers for Southampton in Last Season:
- James Ward Prowse: 10
- Che Adams: 7
- Armando Broja: 6
Top Scorers for Chelsea in Last Season:
- Mason Mount: 11
- Romelu Lukaku: 8
- Kai Havertz: 8
Southampton vs Chelsea Prediction: Yellow Card Statistics
|Yellow Cards per match|
|Yellow Cards per match|
Southampton vs Chelsea Prediction: Defence Statistics
- Southampton’s Defence has failed to keep a clean sheet in the last 5 matches and has conceded 9 goals. However, since the debut of Bella Kotchup, they have conceded 0.54 fewer goals per match.
- In the defence department, the Blues have players like Cucurella and Thiago Sliva. Koulibaly has played at an average of 0.8 clearances per game so far. He has also added 1 assist to his name. Silva has maintained an average of 2.0 tackles per match so far, with 67% success in the ground duels.
|Clearances Per Game||Tackles Success|
Southampton vs Chelsea Prediction: Goalkeeper Stats
- Edouard Mendy is a highly experienced goalkeeper. In the last season, he had as many as 14 clean sheets. He is expected to not give any easy chances to the Foxes in the upcoming match up.
- Bazunu has been under the pressure in 80% of the games. However, Southampton’s Goalkeeper has saved 71% of the Shots.
|Goals Conceded (per Game)||1.25||1.25|
Southampton vs Chelsea Prediction: Team Stats (All Competitions)
|Goals per game||1.25||1.25|
|Goals conceding per game||2.00||1.50|
Southampton vs Chelsea Prediction: Head-to-Head Statistics
Matches: 111 | Southampton: 31 | Draw: 31 | Chelsea: 49
Recent 5 Meetings: Southampton: – | Draw: 2 | Chelsea: 3
Last Meeting: Chelsea humbled Southampton in the Last Premier League Clash with a score of 6-0.
Key Highlights: This Fixture by the Numbers
In the Last five games between both sides, Southampton has :
- Southampton has scored 1.25 goals per match.
- Southampton has scored 65% of the goals in the second half.
- Southampton has scored 0.8 goals in the last five home games.
In the Last five games between both sides, Chelsea has:
- Chelsea has scored 3.8 goals per match.
- Chelsea has scored 1st on four occasions.
- Chelsea has scored 3.8 goals per match at Southampton’s home Venue.
The last five games between both sides have seen 5 goals per match
The last five games between both Sides at St Mary’s Park have seen 4.6 goals per match
Largest margin of victory , Chelsea by 6-0
Southampton vs Chelsea Prediction: Odds
Southampton vs Chelsea Predicted Line up
Southampton: (3-4-2-1) Bazunu; Bednarek, Bella- Kotchup, Salisu; Walker-Peters, Ward-Prowse, Lavia, Djenepo; Aribo, Mara; C Adams
Chelsea (4-4-2): Mendy; James, Silva, Koulibaly; Loftus-Cheek, Kante, Jorginho, Mount, Cucurella; Havertz, Sterling
Southampton vs Chelsea Prediction: Strengths and Weakness
- Attacking Down the Wings
- Strong at through ball attacks
- Strong at Interception.
- Counter Attacks.
- Weak at Keeping Possession of the ball
- Defending against attack from the Wingers.
- Aerial Duels
- Creating Chance through Set Pieces
- Good at Long Shots
- Too many Individual Errors
- Defending Set pieces
Southampton vs Chelsea Prediction: Final Analysis and Prediction
Southampton has been hot and Cold this Season.
- Started with a 4-1 defeat to Tottenham
- Draw against Leeds.
- Inspired victory over Leicester
- Faltered against United in a home game.
Southampton has won only one game in the last four matches having failed to put put a complete performance so far
Chelsea on the other hand, have had a decent run in the last five games except against Leeds where the blues were humbled 0-3. Chelsea in the last few games has been hurt by Injuries. Key players like Ngolo Kante, Koulibaly are out. In the last two games.
There is no denying that Chelsea is the Superior side to Southampton on better head-to-head form, Form, and Player quality. In H2H matches, the blues have scored close to four goals per match in the last five games. Chelsea has enough quality to take down the saints.
Also read: Nottingham vs Tottenham Prediction