Chelsea vs Juventus Prediction and Betting Odds
Chelsea will travel to Italy as they are scheduled to face Juventus on 30th September in the UEFA Champions League. The match will take place at the Juventus Stadium. On the back of a very positive start to the season, the Blues will be determined to shrug off their all previous difficulties. On the other hand, Juventus have had their fair share of problems as they had a topsy and turvy ride so far this season.
Much will be at stake as the Italian giants are still trying to cope up with the absence of Cristiano Ronaldo. The Portuguese stalwart has gone on to re-join Manchester United this summer and Juventus replaced him with Moise Kean who did show some flashes of brilliance as he bagged 13 goals for Paris Saint-Germain last season.
Chelsea vs Juventus Prediction and Betting Odds: Match Preview
Chelsea is yet to taste a defeat this season and Thomas Tuchel’s men are currently flying high following their Champions League triumph last season. A sense of optimism has started to flow since last season and the Blues will show their ruthlessness to propel themselves to a victory against the old lady of Turin.
Barring their match against Liverpool the London giants have had easy-riding so far. But with matches against Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester City arriving thick and fast Tuchel will have a task cut out it seems.
Juventus haven’t registered a win in their last three Serie-A matches but displayed some signs of recovery as they demolished Malmo 3-0 to open their account in the Champions League. With the likes of Alvaro Morata, Paulo Dybala, and Federico Chiesa at Max Allegri’s disposal, they are slated to pose a serious threat to Chelsea’s Champions League ambitions.
Chelsea vs Juventus Prediction and Betting Odds: Why Chelsea Can Win
- Chelsea are currently unbeaten this season
- The Blues defence has been rock solid and Juventus attacking unit will have a tough time against them.
- The departure of Cristiano Ronaldo could hurt Juventus rapidly as the Serie-A giants don’t seem to have any concrete plans without him.
- Juventus have failed to win their last three league games
- Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku is aware of Juventus’s weak points and he could be unleashed in a bid to tame the Italian side.
Given Chelsea’s recent track record they will start the match on the front foot. But Juventus do have the ammunition to fire and banking on their home crowd they could easily trap the Blues at the Juventus Stadium. Tuchel’s side will feel the pressure to defend their European crown and they cannot afford any slipups in the Champions League this time.
Chelsea vs Juventus Prediction and Betting Odds: Latest News Update
- This week could be crucial for Paulo Dybala
- Juventus in relegation zone with worst start in 60 years
- A decisive week for Juventus forward
- Thomas Tuchel explained Edouard Mendy decision
- Chelsea thrashed Tottenham Hotspur to be joint top with Liverpool
Chelsea vs Juventus Prediction and Betting Odds: Match Odds
Chelsea vs Juventus Prediction and Betting Odds: Match Predictions
Given Chelsea’s recent records the Blues are favorites to get the better of Juventus. The odds are also speaking on behalf of the current European champions.
Juventus vs Chelsea: Where to watch
BT Sports is the exclusive rights holder for the Champions League and will broadcast all the matches live.
Chelsea vs Juventus Prediction and Betting Odds: Predicted Line-up
Juventus XI (4-4-2)
W Szczesny ; A Sandro, L Bonucci, G Chiellini, Danilo ; Rabiot, Bentancur, Locatelli, Cuadrado ; Morata, Dybala
Chelsea XI (3-4-2-1)
E Mendy ; A Rudiger, A Christensen, C Azpilicueta ; M Alonso, M Kovacic, Jorginho, R James ; M Mount, H Ziyech ; R Lukaku
Chelsea vs Juventus Prediction and Betting Odds: H2h
2009 25 February
1 – 0
2009 10 March
2 – 2
2012 19 September
2 – 2
2012 20 November
1 – 1
- Both teams have won once in their last four meetings
- Juventus thrashed Chelsea 3-0 in the last encounter in the Champions League
- Chelsea’s one ond only win against Juventus came back in 2009 at the Stamford Bridge
Juventus vs Chelsea H2H
Both teams have faced only four times in the Champions League. Both the teams have managed one win each while both the remaining matches finished with a identical 2-2 scoreline.
The Blues have added Romelu Lukaku to bolster their squad. The Belgian has already bagged a number of goals and is tipped to be one of Europe’s leading goal scorers this time. The reigning European Champions are one of the hot favourites for the Premier League title and are also tipped to do well in the Champions League