Boston Celtics vs Philadelphia 76ers Prediction Game 3
Boston Celtics vs Philadelphia 76ers Prediction: The Boston Celtics are predicted to win as per the latest odds and predictions.
The Philadelphia 76ers and Boston Celtics are tied at 1-1 going into a crucial game 3. The series has been intense, with physical play and a battle of superstars. Joel Embiid has been dominant for the Sixers, and the Celtics will look to Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown for leadership. With home-court advantage, the Sixers will aim to take control of the series, while the Celtics will be determined to prove they can win on the road. The outcome of this game could have significant implications for the rest of the series.
Celtics vs 76ers Game 3 Prediction: Home-Away Stats
- The upcoming game will be played at the home court of the Philadelphia 76ers. The 76ers have won 29 home games and lost 12. They have also been playing well recently, winning 4 of their last 5 games. In the Playoffs, the 76ers have won all their home matches so far.
- The Celtics have also played well on the road, winning 25 away games and losing 16. They have won 3 of their last 5 away games. In the Playoffs, the 76ers have won 2 out of the 3 away games.
Celtics vs 76ers Prediction Game 3: Offense and Defense Comparison
- The Boston Celtics have been scoring an impressive average of 120.4 points per game in the playoffs this season, with a field goal conversion rate of 51.4% and a 3-point conversion rate of 40.2%. Their offensive rebound percentage stands at 25.4%. The Celtics also have an adjusted offensive rating of 122.0, indicating a strong offensive performance.
- On the other hand, the Philadelphia 76ers have maintained a scoring rate of 101.4 points per game in the playoffs. They have shot 45.1% from the field and 38.3% from beyond the arc, while their offensive rebound percentage is 26.6%. The 76ers have an adjusted offensive rating of 114.1.
- Defensively, the Celtics have allowed an average of 112.6 points per game in the playoffs. They have secured 76.7% of their defensive rebounds, while their opponents have shot 45.6% from the field and 36.6% from beyond the arc. The Celtics have an adjusted defensive rating of 114.1.
- Meanwhile, the 76ers have allowed an average of 101.0 points per game in the playoffs this season. They have secured 73.2% of their defensive rebounds and have allowed their opponents to shoot 46.8% from the field and 34.9% from beyond the arc. The 76ers have an adjusted defensive rating of 111.1.
Celtics vs 76ers Prediction Game 3: Analysis
It’s clear that the Boston Celtics have been dominant offensively in the playoffs so far. They have been scoring at a high rate, with an adjusted offensive rating of 122.0, which is significantly higher than the Philadelphia 76ers’ rating of 114.1. The Celtics have also been efficient from both inside and outside the arc, with a field goal percentage of 51.4% and a 3-point percentage of 40.2%. Additionally, the Celtics have been able to grab a decent number of offensive rebounds, giving them second-chance opportunities to score.
On the defensive side, both teams have been relatively evenly matched, with the Celtics allowing an average of 112.6 points per game and the 76ers allowing 101.0 points per game. However, the 76ers have a slightly better adjusted defensive rating of 111.1 compared to the Celtics’ rating of 114.1. This indicates that the 76ers may have an edge in terms of defensive efficiency.
Note: Offensive and Defensive Advantages are as per the stats in the postseason.
Celtics vs 76ers Game 3 Odds
- Philadelphia 76ers: +1.5 (-110)
- Boston Celtics: -1.5 (-110)
- Philadelphia 76ers: +100
- Boston Celtics: -120
- Philadelphia 76ers: 44%
- Boston Celtics: 56%
Celtics vs 76ers Game 3 Prediction: Head-to-Head Stats
There have been a total of 111 playoff meetings between the Boston Celtics and the Philadelphia 76ers in NBA history, with the Celtics leading with 63 wins compared to the 76ers’ 48 wins.
Their most recent playoff encounter occurred in the Eastern Conference Playoffs of 2020, where the Celtics dominated and won the series with a clean sweep of 4-0.
In regular season matchups, the Celtics and the 76ers have faced each other 463 times, with the Celtics holding the advantage with 267 wins while the 76ers have won 196 games.
In the current season, the Celtics have won four out of the six games played against the 76ers, giving them the upper hand with a 4-2 lead in the series.
Celtics vs 76ers Prediction Game 3: Head-to-Head Stats
- Jayson Tatum (Small Forward): Points Per Game: 26.1 | Rebounds Per Game: 9.8 | Assists Per Game: 5.3
- Jaylen Brown (Shooting Guard): Points Per Game: 26.0 | Rebounds Per Game: 5.1 | Steals Per Game: 1.3
- Marcus Smart (Point Guard): Points Per Game: 15.9 | Rebounds Per Game: 4.3 | Blocks Per Game: 0.4
- Tyrese Maxey (Point Guard): Points Per Game: 21.0 | Rebounds Per Game: 4.0 | Steals Per Game: 1.7
- Tobias Harris (Power Forward): Points Per Game: 19.2 | Rebounds Per Game: 7.8 | Assists Per Game: 1.8
- Joel Embiid (Center): Points Per Game: 18.8 | Rebounds Per Game: 09.3 | Assists Per Game: 3.0
Celtics vs 76ers Game 3 Winner Prediction
- Home Advantage: 76ers
- Momentum Advantage: 76ers
- H2H Advantage: Celtics
- Offensive Advantage: Celtics
- Defensive Advantage: 76ers
The upcoming matchup between the Philadelphia 76ers and Boston Celtics promises to be a highly competitive game, with both teams having their strengths and weaknesses. The 76ers have the advantage of playing at home and having momentum on their side, but the Celtics have the head-to-head advantage.
The Celtics have a dominant offense, averaging 120.4 points per game in the playoffs and boasting an adjusted offensive rating of 122.0. Meanwhile, the 76ers have a strong defense, allowing just 101.0 points per game in the playoffs and holding opponents to a 46.8% shooting percentage. However, the 76ers’ offense has struggled in the playoffs, averaging just 101.4 points per game, despite having a respectable adjusted offensive rating of 114.1.
While the Celtics’ defense has not been the strongest in the playoffs, allowing an average of 112.6 points per game, the 76ers’ offense may not be able to take full advantage of this weakness. The 76ers’ shooting percentages of 45.1% from the field and 38.3% from beyond the arc are decent but may not be enough to consistently outscore the Celtics.
In the end, both teams are likely to put up a good fight in what is expected to be a closely contested game. While the 76ers have the advantage of playing at home and having momentum on their side, the Celtics have the advantage of a dominant offense that may be too much for the 76ers’ struggling offense to overcome.