Hawks vs Celtics Game 4 Prediction and Odds
Hawks vs Celtics Game 4 Prediction: The Boston Celtics are predicted to win as per the latest odds and predictions.
The Boston Celtics will aim to bounce back and extend their lead in the first-round playoffs when they face the Atlanta Hawks in Game 4 at State Farm Arena. The Celtics were right on top after winning the first two fixtures against the Hawks. However, a defeat in Game 3 made the contest quite interesting.
The Atlanta Hawks will look to capitalize on the momentum and home advantage to level the series with a crucial home win in the next game. The Hawks can’t miss any of the home games to improve their chances of qualification to the next round.
It has been a fantastic season for the Boston Celtics. They were in contention with the Milwaukee Bucks for the top position in the Eastern Conference. The Celtics finished the regular season in the 2nd spot with 57 wins and 25 defeats. Both offensive and defensive panels looked in excellent touch for Boston this season. They started the postseason with two consecutive home wins but fell short of the Hawks in Game 3.
Jayson Tatum has been the top performer for Boston so far. The other key stars include Jaylen Brown and Malcolm Brogdon.
The Atlanta Hawks had to fight hard to earn a playoff berth. In the regular season, they finished in the 7th position in the Eastern Conference with 41 wins and 41 losses. The Hawks defeated the Miami Heat in the first game of the Play-In Tournament to qualify for the postseason. They couldn’t get the better of the Celtics in the first two away games. However, Atlanta made a comeback at home in the last matchup.
Trae Young and Dejounte Murray played consistently well throughout the campaign. De’Andre Hunter also gave some valuable contributions.
Celtics vs Hawks Odds
The Boston Celtics are likely to extend their lead in the next game. However, they might get a solid challenge from the Hawks once again.
- Boston Celtics: -6 (-110)
- Atlanta Hawks: +6 (-110)
- Boston Celtics: -240
- Atlanta Hawks: +200
- Boston Celtics: 61%
- Atlanta Hawks: 39%
Hawks vs Celtics Game 4 Prediction: Home-Away Stats
The Atlanta Hawks will be hosting Game 4. They have been good at State Farm Arena, winning 27 out of 41 games in the regular season. In the last 5 home fixtures, they won 4 and lost 1.
The Boston Celtics will be the visiting team. In the regular season, they had an away record of 25-16. The Celtics won 2 of the last 5 away clashes.
Hawks vs Celtics Game 4 Prediction: Offense and Defense Comparison
Offensive Advantage: Boston Celtics
- The Boston Celtics are playing in the playoffs with an average of 117.6 points per game. They shot 51.7% from the field and 42.4% from the 3-point line. The free throw conversion rate stands at 82.1%. The Celtics ended the regular season as the 2nd-best side in the attack with an Adjusted Offensive Rating of 117.9.
- The Atlanta Hawks maintained a scoring rate of 111.6 points per game. In shooting, they played with a success rate of 40.7% in field goals, 27.3% in 3-pointers, and 73.3% in free throws. The Hawks were rated 116.2 on the attack with a rank of 7 in the league.
Defensive Advantage: Boston Celtics
- The Boston Celtics have conceded 111.6 points per game as of now in the postseason. They played with an average of 51.0 rebounds per game. The average number of steals and the average number of blocks per game are currently at 8.0 and 9.5 respectively. The Celtics were ranked 3rd in the defense having an Adjusted Defensive Rating of 111.3.
- The Atlanta Hawks have allowed the opposition to score 117.6 points per game till now. They maintained an average of 47.0 rebounds along with 11.5 steals and 4.0 blocks per game. In the regular season, the Hawks were ranked 22 in the defense with an Adjusted Defensive Rating of 116.0.
Read all our NBA coverage here
Hawks vs Celtics Game 4 Prediction: Last Game Analysis
The Atlanta Hawks registered their first win in the Round 1 Playoffs of the Eastern Conference when they hosted the Boston Celtics in the last game. It was a close contest in the fourth quarter as the Hawks were leading by just 3 points. Jayson Tatum missed a 3-pointer opportunity for Boston. Trae Young’s jumper extended Atlanta’s lead to 5 points with 45.5 seconds remaining. In the end, the Hawks were successful in securing an 8-point win.
The Hawks had a shooting accuracy of 56.0% in field goals against 48.9% of the Celtics. They also outrebounded Boston 48-29.
Trae Young looked in excellent touch as he finished with 32 points, 6 rebounds, and 9 assists. Dejounte Murray gave a crucial contribution of 25 points with 6 rebounds and 5 assists.
Jayson Tatum was the leading scorer for the Celtics with 29 points. He also added 10 rebounds and 5 assists. Marcus Smart added 24 points, 3 rebounds, and 8 assists.
Hawks vs Celtics Game 4 Prediction: Head-to-Head Stats
There have been 74 playoff encounters between these two teams in the NBA. The Boston Celtics have the upper hand with 44 wins, while the Atlanta Hawks won 30 games.
The previous postseason clash took place in the first-round playoffs of the Eastern Conference in the year 2016. The Atlanta Hawks secured a 4-2 win in that series.
In the regular season, both these teams have met 389 times. The Boston Celtics are leading with 242 wins, while the Atlanta Hawks managed to win 147 matchups.
The Boston Celtics won all the 3 games against the Atlanta Hawks in the regular season of the NBA. In the playoffs, the equation currently stands at 2-1 in favor of the Celtics.
Hawks vs Celtics Game 4 Prediction: Players to Watch Out
- Jayson Tatum (Small Forward): Points Per Game: 27.7 | Rebounds Per Game: 10.3 | Assists Per Game: 4.3
- Jaylen Brown (Shooting Guard): Points Per Game: 20.7 | Rebounds Per Game: 5.3 | Steals Per Game: 2.3
- Derrick White (Point Guard): Points Per Game: 20.3 | Rebounds Per Game: 4.7 | Assists Per Game: 4.3
- Dejounte Murray (Shooting Guard): Points Per Game: 26.0 | Rebounds Per Game: 6.7 | Assists Per Game: 5.7
- Trae Young (Point Guard): Points Per Game: 24.0 | Assists Per Game: 7.7 | Steals Per Game: 4.0
- Bogdan Bogdanovic (Shooting Guard): Points Per Game: 14.0 | Rebounds Per Game: 3.3 | Assists Per Game: 3.0
Hawks vs Celtics Game 4 Winner Prediction
- Home Advantage: Hawks
- Momentum Advantage: Hawks
- Season Performance Advantage: Celtics
- Offensive Advantage: Celtics
- Defensive Advantage: Celtics
- Overall: Celtics to win
The Boston Celtics would like to make it 3-1 against the Hawks and consolidate their championship hopes. On the other hand, the Atlanta Hawks will aim to repeat a strong show against the Celtics and level the series in Game 4.
As per the odds, the Boston Celtics are expected to win this matchup.