Knicks vs Heat Prediction Game 2
Knicks vs Heat Prediction Game 2: The New York Knicks are predicted to win as per the latest odds and predictions.
The championship battle is likely to become more intense when the Miami Heat and the New York Knicks lock horns in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Semifinals at Madison Square Garden. Spoelstra’s men are right on top after registering an away win against the Knicks to start the Semifinals. Miami is coming off a 4-1 win against the Milwaukee Bucks in Round 1 of the postseason.
The New York Knicks will aim to turn the tables in the next game when they host the Heat again. It was definitely a setback for the Knicks to start the series with a home loss. They can’t afford to lose another home fixture against the Heat. New York defeated the Cleveland Cavaliers in the first-round playoffs by 4-1.
Heat vs Knicks Game 2 Prediction: Playoff Series Summary
The New York Knicks had a better regular season. In the playoffs, both teams secured a 4-1 win in Round 1.
- Jimmy Butler has been fantastic for the Heat in the playoffs. He has an impressive average of 37.6 points along with 6.0 rebounds per game. Bam Adebayo also looked good with an average of 8.6 rebounds per game.
- Jalen Brunson is the leading scorer for the Knicks as of now. He is averaging 34.0 points per game. RJ Barrett gave some valuable contributions. He is playing with an average of 17.4 points per game. Berrett scored the most points for New York in Game 1 of the Conference Semifinals.
- The Miami Heat is a far better side in the offense as per the stats of the postseason. In the defense, both teams did pretty well till now.
Knicks vs Heat Prediction Game 2: Home-Away Stats
The New York Knicks will be the host in Game 2 as well. They have a decent home record this season. The Knicks won 23 out of 41 home fixtures in the regular season. In the postseason, they won 2 and lost 1 home game.
It will be an away fixture for the Miami Heat. They were below par in the away fixtures in the regular season. The Heat managed to win 17 out of 41 away matchups. Their away record in the postseason currently stands at 3-1.
Heat vs Knicks Game 2 Prediction: Offense and Defense Comparison
Offensive Advantage: Miami Heat
- The Miami Heat played with a scoring average of 124.0 points per game in the playoffs. They shot 51.9% from the field and 45.0% from the 3-point line. The free throw success rate stands at 74.8%. In the regular season, Miami ranked 25 in the attack having an Adjusted Offensive Rating of 113.2.
- The New York Knicks have maintained a low scoring rate of 99.6 points per game. In shooting, they have a conversion rate of 43.0% in field goals, 28.2% in 3-pointers, and 75.6% in free throws. The Knicks were the 4th highest-ranked team in the attack with an Adjusted Offensive Rating of 117.7.
Defensive Advantage: New York Knicks
- The Miami Heat conceded 109.8 points as of now. They played with an average of 42.6 rebounds per game. The average number of steals and the average number of rebounds per game stand at 8.8 and 3.4 respectively. Miami was the 8th-ranked team in the defense with an Adjusted Defensive Rating of 113.4.
- The New York Knicks have allowed the opposition to score 113.1 points per game so far. They maintained an average of 45.4 rebounds along with 10.0 steals and 4.6 blocks per game. The Knicks were ranked 19 in the defense with an Adjusted Defensive Rating of 114.6.
Note: Offensive and Defensive Advantages are as per the stats in the postseason.
Heat vs Knicks Game 2 Odds
The New York Knicks are likely to bounce back as per the odds.
- Miami Heat: +6.5 (-110)
- NY Knicks: -6.5 (-110)
- Miami Heat: +220
- NY Knicks: -270
- Miami Heat: 42%
- NY Knicks: 58%
Knicks vs Heat Prediction Game 2: Head-to-Head Stats
The Miami Heat and the New York Knicks have met 30 times in the regular season of the NBA. The Miami Heat have a slight upper hand with 16 wins, while the New York Knicks won 14 games.
The previous postseason clash took place in Round 1 of the Eastern Conference Playoffs in the year 2012. The Miami Heat won that series by 4-1.
In the regular season, there have been 134 games between these two sides till now. The New York Knicks won 69 games, while the Miami Heat was on the winning side in 65 fixtures.
The Knicks won 3 out of 4 meetings in the regular season of the NBA 2022-23.
H2H Key Highlights: Last Playoff Meeting
- Average Number of Total Points Scored: 179.6
- Average Number of Points Scored by the Miami Heat: 96.8
- Average Number of Points Scored by the New York Knicks: 82.8
Knicks vs Heat Prediction Game 2: Players to Watch Out
- Jimmy Butler (Small Forward): Points Per Game: 37.6 | Rebounds Per Game: 6.0 | Assists Per Game: 4.8
- Bam Adebayo (Center): Points Per Game: 17.4 | Rebounds Per Game: 8.6 | Assists Per Game: 5.0
- Gabe Vincent (Point Guard): Points Per Game: 13.0 | Assists Per Game: 5.0 | Rebounds Per Game: 1.0
New York Knicks
- Julius Randle (Power Forward): Points Per Game: 25.1 | Rebounds Per Game: 10.0 | Assists Per Game: 4.1
- Jalen Brunson (Point Guard): Points Per Game: 24.0 | Assists Per Game: 6.2 | Steals Per Game: 0.9
- RJ Barrett (Shooting Guard): Points Per Game: 19.6 | Rebounds Per Game: 5.0 | Assists Per Game: 2.8
Heat vs Knicks Game 2 Prediction: Season Recap
The Miami Heat didn’t look at their best in the regular season. They had a slow start but Miami looked in good touch in recent games. The Heat fought hard to earn a Play-In berth by finishing in the 8th position in the Eastern Conference with 44 wins and 38 defeats. Miami started the Play-In Tournament with a home defeat against the Atlanta Hawks. But they bounced back and qualified for the postseason by defeating the Chicago Bulls. In the first round, the Heat dominated the No. 1 seed from the East, Milwaukee Bucks with a 4-1 win.
Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo have played consistently well. Tyler Herro also impressed everyone.
New York Knicks
The New York Knicks had a satisfying campaign so far. They finished the regular season in the 5th spot in the Eastern Conference. The Knicks had 47 wins and 35 losses. The offense has been the main reason for their success. However, their attack hasn’t looked the same in the postseason. In the first-round playoffs, New York crushed the Cleveland Cavaliers by 4-1.
Julius Randle and Jalen Brunson have been the key stars for the Knicks. RJ Barrett also contributed well throughout the campaign.
Heat vs Knicks Game 2 Winner Prediction
- Home Advantage: Knicks
- Momentum Advantage: Heat
- Offensive Advantage: Heat
- Defensive Advantage: Knicks
- Overall: Knicks to win
The Miami Heat will be high on confidence after taking a 1-0 lead. They can make things easier for them with two back-to-back away wins. On the other hand, the New York Knicks will aim for a complete team effort to dominate the Heat in Game 2. They need their offensive firepower to trouble the opposition from the start.
As per odds and stats, the New York Knicks are expected to win this matchup.