Lakers vs Warriors Prediction Game 1
Lakers vs Warriors Prediction Game 1: The Golden State Warriors are predicted to win as per the latest odds and predictions.
The Los Angeles Lakers are set to lock horns with the Golden State Warriors in the Western Conference Semifinals. Game 1 of the series is scheduled tonight at Chase Center. The Lakers secured a 4-2 win against the Memphis Grizzlies in Round 1 of the playoffs. They will aim to put pressure on defending champions by handing them a home defeat in Game 1.
The Golden State Warriors will look to stay strong in their hunt for another championship title when they host the Lakers in the first game. Despite a disappointing record in the away games throughout the campaign, Darvin Ham’s men are doing good so far. The Warriors confirmed their meeting with the Lakers with a 4-3 win against the Sacramento Kings in the first-round playoffs.
Lakers vs Warriors Game 1 Prediction: Playoff Series Summary
It took the LA Lakers 6 games to qualify for the second round by winning against the Memphis Grizzlies. On the other hand, the Golden State Warriors faced a tough fight from the Sacramento Kings and the contest went to the seventh game to decide the winner. The home advantage in Game 1 will be on the side of the Warriors.
- LeBron James and Anthony Davis continued their excellent touch in the postseason as well. Both of them are averaging more than 20 points per game. D’Angelo Russell also looked good.
- Stephen Curry is leading the Warriors with an average of 33.7 points and 4.9 rebounds per game. Klay Thompson has maintained an average of 20.6 points per game as of now.
- The Golden State Warriors have done comparatively better in the attack than the LA Lakers. In the defense, both teams looked decent this season.
Lakers vs Warriors Prediction Game 1: Home-Away Stats
Game 1 will be hosted by the Golden State Warriors. The Warriors have an excellent home record in the current season. They won 33 out of 8 home fixtures in the regular season. In the playoffs, they won 2 out of 3 home games.
The LA Lakers will be the visiting side. The Lakers managed to win 20 out of 21 away matchups in the regular season. They have an away record of 1-2 in the playoffs till now.
Lakers vs Warriors Game 1 Prediction: Offense and Defense Comparison
Offensive Advantage: Golden State Warriors
- The LA Lakers are playing with an average of 112.2 points per game in the playoffs. In shooting, they have a conversion rate of 46.3% in field goals, 31.0% in 3-pointers, and 80.0% in free throws. The Lakers were ranked 20 in offense in the regular season with an Adjusted Offensive Rating of 114.4.
- The Golden State Warriors have maintained a scoring rate of 115.9 points per game so far. They shot 45.3% from the field and 32.8% from the 3-point line. The free throw accuracy stands at 75.0%. The Warriors were the 9th-best side in the attack having an Adjusted Offensive Rating of 115.6.
Defensive Advantage: LA Lakers
- The LA Lakers have conceded 116.6 points per game as of now. They played with an average of 49.7 rebounds per game. The average number of steals and the average number of blocks per game are currently at 7.0 and 9.2 respectively. In the regular season, the Lakers were the 13th-ranked side in the defense having an Adjusted Defensive Rating of 113.9.
- The Golden State Warriors are allowing the opposition to score 117.1 points per game. They maintained an average of 46.4 rebounds along with 8.9 steals and 5.6 blocks per game. The Warriors were rated 113.9 on defense with a rank of 15 in the league.
Note: Offensive and Defensive Advantages are as per the stats in the postseason.
Lakers vs Warriors Game 1 Odds
The Warriors and the Lakers will come face-to-face in Game 1 of the Conference semi-finals. The bookmakers have favored the Warriors over the Lakers in this game. Here are the latest spread, the Moneyline, and the Win Probability for this game:
- LA Lakers: +4 (-110)
- Golden State Warriors: -4 (-110)
- LA Lakers: +160
- Golden State Warriors: -180
- LA Lakers: 37%
- Golden State Warriors: 63%
Read: 76ers vs Celtics Game 1 Prediction and Odds
Lakers vs Warriors Prediction Game 1: Head-to-Head Stats
There have been 35 playoff games between these two sides in the NBA. The Los Angeles Lakers are ahead with 24 games, while the Golden State Warriors won 11 games.
The previous postseason clash took place in the Western Conference Semifinals in the year 1991. The LA Lakers secured a 4-1 win in that series.
In the regular season, they met 434 times. The LA Lakers have the upper hand with 261 wins, while the Golden State Warriors managed to win 173 fixtures.
The LA Lakers won 3 out of 4 meetings between the two teams in the regular season of the NBA 2022-23.
H2H Key Highlights: Last Playoff Meeting
- Average Number of Total Points Scored: 238.2
- Average Number of Points Scored by the LA Lakers: 122.4
- Average Number of Points Scored by the Golden State Warriors: 115.8
Lakers vs Warriors Game 1 Prediction: Players to Watch Out
- LeBron James (Small Forward): Points Per Game: 22.2 | Rebounds Per Game: 11.2 | Assists Per Game: 5.2
- Anthony Davis (Power Forward): Points Per Game: 20.8 | Rebounds Per Game: 13.7 | Blocks Per Game: 4.3
- D’Angelo Russell (Power Forward): Points Per Game: 16.7 | Assists Per Game: 5.8 | Rebounds Per Game: 3.7
Golden State Warriors
- Stephen Curry (Point Guard): Points Per Game: 33.7 | Rebounds Per Game: 4.9 | Assists Per Game: 4.9
- Klay Thompson (Point Guard): Points Per Game: 20.6 | Rebounds Per Game: 3.9 | Assists Per Game: 2.1
- Andrew Wiggins (Small Forward): Points Per Game: 18.1 | Rebounds Per Game: 5.9 | Blocks Per Game: 1.9
Lakers vs Warriors Prediction Game 1: Season Recap
The LA Lakers had a much-improved campaign this season. They took time to achieve consistency in their campaign. The inclusion was D’Angelo Russell in the NBA trade proved fruitful for the Lakers. Los Angeles went for an 8-0 run to finish the regular season in the 7th position in the Western Conference with 43 wins and 39 defeats. In the first round of the playoffs, the Lakers defeated the Memphis Grizzlies by 4-2.
Golden State Warriors
The Golden State Warriors struggled in the initial phase of the season. They found it difficult to win games away from home. The struggle continued throughout the campaign but a dominant record at home helped the Warriors qualify for the playoffs. Golden State finished the regular season in the 6th position in the Western Conference. They had 44 wins and 38 losses. The Warriors are coming off a 4-3 win against the Sacramento Kings in Round 1 of the postseason.
Lakers vs Warriors Game 1 Winner Prediction
- Home Advantage: Warriors
- H2H Advantage: Lakers
- Offensive Advantage: Warriors
- Defensive Advantage: Lakers
- Overall: Warriors to win
The LA Lakers have a mammoth to avoid a loss in the first game against the Warriors at home. However, King LeBron and his men are looking in excellent touch and they can surely make things difficult for the defending champions. On the other hand, the Golden State Warriors must start with a home win to improve their chances of winning the series. It can be a mouth-watering encounter between the two sides.
As per the odds and stats, the Golden State Warriors are expected to win this fixture.