Lakers vs Warriors Prediction Game 2
Lakers vs Warriors Prediction Game 2: The Golden State Warriors are predicted to win as per the latest odds and predictions.
The Golden State Warriors will aim to deny the Los Angeles Lakers a 2-game advantage when the two sides meet for Game 2 of the Western Conference Semifinals at Chase Center tonight. Steve Kerr’s men need to bounce back after a frustrating home defeat in Game 1. They can’t afford to drop two back-to-back games at home before the away fixtures.
The LA Lakers will look to extend their lead with another away win when they meet the defending champions in Game 2. Against all the odds, the Lakers started with a win against the Warriors to go 1-0 up. They will aim to repeat the same performance in the next fixture.
Lakers vs Warriors Game 2 Prediction: Playoff Series Summary
The LA Lakers looked more comfortable in winning the first round of the playoffs. They have the winning momentum on their side as well.
- LeBron James and Anthony Davis are two stars of the LA Lakers. They have been in excellent touch this season. Both of them are averaging 22.1 points per game in the postseason. D’Angelo Russell has made a positive impact since his inclusion in the NBA trade.
- Stephen Curry is having another brilliant season for the Golden State Warriors, He is the leading scorer in the playoffs with an average of 32.9 points per game. Klay Thompson has also done pretty well so far. He has an average of 21.1 points per game.
- The Warriors’ attack has been slightly better than the Lakers. In the defense, the Lakers seem to have an upper hand.
Lakers vs Warriors Prediction Game 2: Home-Away Stats
The Golden State Warriors will be the hosts in Game 2 as well. They have been a mighty side at their home arena of the Chase Center. The Warriors had a home record of 33-8 in the regular season. In the playoffs, Golden State has won 2 out of 4 home matchups in the playoffs.
It will be an away contest for the LA Lakers. They had won 20 out of 41 away games in the regular season. The Lakers have an away record of 2-2 in the postseason as of now.
Lakers vs Warriors Game 2 Prediction: Offense and Defense Comparison
Offensive Advantage: Golden State Warriors
- The LA Lakers are playing with an average of 112.9 points per game in the playoffs. They shot 46.4% from the field and 30.2% from the 3-point line. The free throw conversion rate stands at 81.1%. In the regular season, the Lakers were ranked 20 on the attack in the regular season with an Adjusted Offensive Rating of 114.4.
- The Golden State Warriors have kept their scoring rate at 115.9 points per game. In shooting, they have a success rate of 45.3% in field goals, 32.8% in 3-pointers, and 75.0% in free throws. The Warriors were the 9th-ranked team in the attack having an Adjusted Offensive Rating of 115.6.
Defensive Advantage: LA Lakers
- The LA Lakers are playing with an average of 116.6 points conceded per game. They gave their rebounding average at 50.1 per game. The average number of steals and the average number of blocks per game are currently at 6.6 and 9.3 respectively. In the regular season, the Lakers were given a rank of 13 in the defense with an Adjusted Defensive Rating of 113.9.
- The Golden State Warriors have given away 117.1 points per game as of now. They maintained an average of 46.4 rebounds along with 8.9 steals and 5.6 blocks per game. The Warriors were rated 113.9 on defense with a rank of 15 in the league.
Lakers vs Warriors Game 2 Odds
Despite a defeat in the first game, the Golden State Warriors will start as home favorites for the next clash. All the betting sites listed on mybettingsites.com are favoring the Warriors for this fixture.
- LA Lakers: +4.5 (-105)
- Golden State Warriors: -4.5 (-105)
- LA Lakers: +195
- Golden State Warriors: -255
- LA Lakers: 38%
- Golden State Warriors: 62%
Read: 76ers vs Celtics Game 2 Prediction and Odds
Lakers vs Warriors Prediction Game 2: Head-to-Head Stats
Both these teams have met 35 times in the playoffs of the NBA. The LA Lakers are leading with 24 games, while the Golden State Warriors won 11 fixtures.
The previous playoff clash took place in 1991. The LA Lakers won that Western Conference Semifinals Round by 4-1.
There have been 434 meetings between the two sides in the regular season till now. The LA Lakers are ahead with 261 wins, while the Golden State Warriors were on the winning side in 173 games.
In the current season, the Lakers won 3 out of 4 clashes in the regular season. They are also currently leading the Semifinals by 1-0.
H2H Key Highlights: Last Playoff Meeting
- Average Number of Total Points Scored: 238.2
- Average Number of Points Scored by the LA Lakers: 122.4
- Average Number of Points Scored by the Golden State Warriors: 115.8
Lakers vs Warriors Prediction Game 2: Players to Watch Out
- LeBron James (Small Forward): Points Per Game: 22.1 | Rebounds Per Game: 11.1 | Assists Per Game: 5.0
- Anthony Davis (Power Forward): Points Per Game: 22.1 | Rebounds Per Game: 15.0 | Blocks Per Game: 4.3
- D’Angelo Russell (Power Forward): Points Per Game: 17.0 | Assists Per Game: 5.9 | Rebounds Per Game: 3.6
Golden State Warriors
- Stephen Curry (Point Guard): Points Per Game: 32.9 | Rebounds Per Game: 5.0 | Assists Per Game: 4.6
- Klay Thompson (Point Guard): Points Per Game: 21.1 | Rebounds Per Game: 3.8 | Assists Per Game: 2.4
- Andrew Wiggins (Small Forward): Points Per Game: 17.8 | Rebounds Per Game: 5.9 | Blocks Per Game: 1.6
Lakers vs Warriors Prediction Game 2: Last Game Analysis
A stellar show by the lethal duo of James and Davis sealed a crucial away win for the LA Lakers in Game 1 of the Conference Semifinals against the Golden State Warriors. The win was enough to prove the potential of the new-look Lakers who have been excellent since the NBA trade. The Warriors made a rally in the closing seconds but they fell short of the Lakers in the end after Jordan Poole missed a 3-pointer opportunity.
The Lakers shot 46.7% from the field while restricting the Warriors to 40.6%. They also won 53-49 on rebounds and outscored Golden State 54-28 in the paint.
Anthony Davis ended another successful night with a valuable contribution of 30 points, 23 rebounds, and 5 assists. LeBron James added 22 points with 11 rebounds and 4 assists.
Stephen Curry led the scoring for Golden State with 27 points. He also added 6 rebounds and 3 assists. Klay Thompson looked good too as he finished with 25 points, 3 rebounds, and 4 assists.
Lakers vs Warriors Game 2 Winner Prediction
- Home Advantage: Warriors
- H2H Advantage: Lakers
- Offensive Advantage: Warriors
- Defensive Advantage: Lakers
- Overall: Warriors to win
The LA Lakers just need to repeat the same level of performance in Game 2 to improve their chances of winning the series. They will be high on confidence after handing a home defeat to the defending champions. On the other hand, the Golden State Warriors must bounce back before it’s too late. They are likely to go all guns blazing to level the series tonight. Fans can expect another jaw-dropping affair between these two sides.
As per the odds, the Golden State Warriors are expected to win Game 2.