Timberwolves vs Thunder Prediction and Odds
Timberwolves vs Thunder Prediction: The Minnesota Timberwolves are predicted to win as per the latest odds and predictions.
The championship race is expected to become more intense with teams locking horns for the 8th seed in the Western Conference. The matchup will be between the OKC Thunder and the Minnesota Timberwolves at Target Center.
The Timberwolves will have the home advantage. Both teams ended their regular season with back-to-back wins. But Minnesota lost their first Play-In fixture against the LA Lakers. Oklahoma is coming off a win against the New Orleans Pelicans.
Oklahoma City Thunder
The OKC Thunder fought hard to earn a play-in berth. They progressed ahead of the regular season after 3 seasons. The Thunder have many good memories so far. They have talented young players who have looked in excellent touch in the current season. Oklahoma finished its campaign as the 9th seed in the Western Conference with 40 wins and 42 defeats. They ended the regular season on a positive note with two consecutive wins. In the season finale, the Thunder defeated the New Orleans Pelicans in the season finale with a score of 123-118.
The Thunder started the postseason by eliminating the New Orleans Pelicans in the first Play-In knockout with a score of 123-118.
The Minnesota Timberwolves had a good season as well. They finished in the 8th position in the Western Conference with 42 wins and 40 losses. A lot of drama happened in the final regular season fixture when the Wolves suspended their key player, Rudy Gobert who was punished after punching teammate Kyle Anderson. Despite this unfortunate incident, the Wolves ended their regular season with a 113-108 win against the New Orleans Pelicans.
In the first Play-In matchup, Minnesota faced a 102-108 defeat against the LA Lakers.
Timberwolves vs Thunder Prediction: Home-Away Stats
The Minnesota Timberwolves will be the home side. They have been decent at Target Center, winning 22 out of 41 games. In the last 5 home fixtures, they won 2 and lost 3.
On the other hand, the OKC Thunder have struggled in the away games. They managed to win only 16 out of 41 matchups on road. The Thunder won 3 of their last 5 away fixtures.
Timberwolves vs Thunder Prediction: Offense and Defense Comparison
Offensive Advantage: Thunder
- The OKC Thunder have maintained a scoring rate of 117.5 points per game this season. In shooting, they played with a conversion rate of 46.5% in field goals, 35.6% in 3-pointers, and 80.9% in free throws. The Thunder rank 19 in the attack having an Adjusted Offensive Rating of 114.4.
- The Minnesota Timberwolves are playing with an average of 115.8 points per game. They shot 49.0% from the field and 36.5% from the 3-point line. The free throw accuracy stands at 75.5%. The Timberwolves are the 23rd-ranked team in the attack with an Adjusted Offensive Rating of 113.5.
Parity in the Defense
- The OKC Thunder have conceded 116.4 points per game so far. They maintained an average of 43.6 rebounds along with 8.2 steals and 4.2 blocks per game. With an Adjusted Defensive Rating of 113.9, Oklahoma ranks 12 in the defense.
- The Minnesota Timberwolves have given away 115.8 points per game as of now. They played with an average of 41.9 rebounds per game. The average number of steals and the average number of blocks per game are currently at 8.0 and 5.4 respectively. The Wolves are the 10th highest-ranked side in the defense with an Adjusted Defensive Rating of 113.7.
Thunder vs Timberwolves Odds
The Minnesota Timberwolves will start as home favorites to win this fixture. The bets and odds listed on bettingapps.com are favoring the Wolves. Some of the odds and predictions for this game are:
- Minnesota Timberwolves: -11 (-115)
- OKC Thunder: +11 (105)
- Minnesota Timberwolves: -600
- OKC Thunder: +460
- Minnesota Timberwolves: 78%
- OKC Thunder: 22%
Read: Lakers vs Grizzlies Game 1 Prediction
Timberwolves vs Thunder Prediction: Last Game Analysis
Oklahoma City Thunder
The OKC Thunder secured a famous win against the New Orleans Pelicans in the first Play-In clash. It was a close contest for most of the game. New Orleans went ahead by just 1 point with the help of Josh Richardson’s dunk. But the Thunder bounced back at the right time led by Giddey. Oklahoma lost 38-48 on rebounds. But they outscored the Pelicans 58-52 in the paint.
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander was the key performer for the Thunder again. He finished with 32 points, 5 rebounds, and 3 assists. Josh Giddey contributed 31 valuable points with 9 rebounds and 10 assists.
The Minnesota Timberwolves lost the first chance of booking a playoff berth by losing the Play-In game against the LA Lakers. It was a thrilling contest as the winner was decided in overtime. James and Davis continued to trouble the Wolves throughout the matchup. Minnesota was outrebounded by Los Angeles 48-37. They also lost 36-54 in the paint.
Karl-Anthony Towns led the scoring for the Wolves with 24 points. He also added 11 rebounds and 5 assists. Mike Conley Jr. scored 23 points with 4 rebounds and 4 assists.
Thunder vs Timberwolves Prediction: Head-to-Head Stats
There have been 132 regular season games between these two sides in the NBA. The OKC Thunder have the upper hand with 88 wins, while the Minnesota Timberwolves managed to win 44 games.
If we check out the last 5 matchups, 4 games were won by the Wolves and only 1 by the Thunder. The previous clash took place in the current season on 16 December 2022. The Minnesota Timberwolves won that game with a score of 112-110.
The Minnesota Timberwolves have won 3 out of 4 games played against the OKC Thunder this season.
Head-to-Head Key Highlights: Last 5 Meetings
- Number of home games won by the Minnesota Timberwolves: 2
- Number of away games won by the OKC Thunder: 1
- Average Number of Total Points Scored: 232.2
- Average Number of Points scored by the Minnesota Timberwolves: 120.6
- Average Number of Points scored by OKC Thunder: 112.2
Thunder vs Timberwolves Prediction: Players to Watch Out
- Anthony Edwards (Shooting Guard): Points Per Game: 24.6 | Rebounds Per Game: 5.8 | Assists Per Game: 4.4
- Karl-Anthony Towns (Center): Points Per Game: 20.8 | Rebounds Per Game: 8.1 | Assists Per Game: 4.8
- Mike Conley (Point Guard): Points Per Game: 14.0 | Assists Per Game: 5.0 | Steals Per Game: 1.2
Oklahoma City Thunder
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (Point Guard): Points Per Game: 31.4 | Assists Per Game: 4.8Rebounds Per Game: 5.5
- Josh Giddey (Shooting Guard): Points Per Game: 16.6 | Rebounds Per Game: 7.9 | Assists Per Game: 6.2
- Jalen Williams (Forward:) Points Per Game: 14.1 | Rebounds Per Game: 4.5 | Steals Per Game: 1.4
Timberwolves vs Thunder Winner Prediction
- Home Advantage: Timberwolves
- Offensive Advantage: Thunder
- Defensive Advantage: None
- Overall: Timberwolves to win
It will undoubtedly be a challenging contest for the OKC Thunder. They need to bring out their best and a complete team effort to trouble the Wolves in their home arena. On the other hand, the Minnesota Timberwolves will look to capitalize on the home advantage and not miss the last chance of keeping their title hopes alive.
The Thunder can pull this one off but the odds are favoring the Timberwolves for this matchup.