Playoffs Game 1: Kings vs Warriors Prediction and Odds
Kings vs Warriors Game 1 Prediction: The Golden State Warriors are predicted to win as per the latest odds and predictions.
The NBA Playoffs are set to go underway this weekend. In Game 1 of the First Round, the Sacramento Kings will take on the Golden State Warriors at Golden 1 Center.
The Sacramento Kings will have the home advantage. But they are coming off three back-to-back defeats. On the other hand, the Golden State Warriors have struggled in away games throughout the campaign. But they have the winning momentum after ending the regular season with a winning streak of 3 games.
Regular Season Recap
Golden State Warriors
The Golden State Warriors did not look like the defending champions in the first half of the season. There was a genuine risk of early elimination after back-to-back disappointing results. They looked inconsistent for the majority of the current season. However, Steve Kerr’s men bounced back when it mattered the most and succeeded in qualifying for the postseason. Despite a poor away record, Golden State finished in the 6th position in the Western Conference with 44 wins and 38 defeats. In the last regular season fixture, they defeated the Portland Trail Blazers with a score of 157-101.
The Sacramento Kings had a really good campaign. They clinched a berth in the playoffs for the first time in 17 years. The Kings finished as the 3rd-seeded side in the West. They had 48 wins and 34 losses. Sacramento looked at their absolute best in the second half of their campaign. But they seemed slightly out of touch in the final phase of the season. The Kings faced their third straight loss by losing to the Denver Nuggets in the season finale by a score of 95-109.
Kings vs Warriors Odds
The Sacramento Kings have been favored by the bookmakers but the prediction for the game is in favor of the Golden State Warriors. Analyzing the odds from around the world, the majority of the betting apps in Canada have also favored the Kings over the Warriors. The odds and predictions of this game are:
- Sacramento Kings: -1 (-110)
- Golden State Warriors: +1 (-110)
- Sacramento Kings: -116
- Golden State Warriors: +104
- Sacramento Kings: 41%
- Golden State Warriors: 59%
Kings vs Warriors Game 1 Prediction: Home-Away Stats
The Sacramento Kings have been good at home. They have won 23 out of 18 home fixtures in the regular season. In the last 5 home fixtures, they won 2 and lost 3. Sacramento’s mighty offense has resulted in too many high-scoring games this season.
On the contrary, the Golden State Warriors have looked clueless in the away fixtures throughout the season. They won only 11 out of 41 away games as of now. However, Golden State improved its performance in the last few games, winning 4 out of the last 5 away matchups. Both offense and defense underperformed for the Warriors on road in the current season.
Kings vs Warriors Prediction: Offense and Defense Comparison
Offensive Advantage: Sacramento Kings
- The Golden State Warriors maintained an average of 118.9 points per game in the regular season. They shot 47.9% from the field and 38.5% from the 3-point line. The free throw success rate stands at 79.4%. The Warriors are the 9th-ranked side in the offense having an Adjusted Offensive Rating of 115.6.
- The Sacramento Kings played with an average of 120.7 points per game, the highest among all teams. In shooting, they had a conversion rate of 49.4% in field goals, 36.9% in 3-pointers, and 79.0% in free throws. The Kings are the top-ranked side in the offense having an Adjusted Offensive Rating of 119.0.
Defensive Advantage: Golden State Warriors
- The Golden State Warriors have conceded 117.1 points per game this season. They played with an average of 44.6 rebounds per game. The average number of steals and the average number of blocks per game are currently at 7.2 and 4.0 respectively. With an Adjusted Defensive Rating of 113.9, the Warriors rank 15 in the defense.
- The Sacramento Kings have allowed the opposition to score 118.1 points per game. They maintained an average of 42.5 rebounds, with 7.0 steals and 3.4 blocks per game. The Kings are the 6th lowest-ranked side in the defense with an Adjusted Defensive Rating of 116.8.
Read: Nets vs 76ers Prediction and Odds
Warriors and Kings: Last 10 Games Stats
Golden State Warriors
- Win-Loss: 8-2
- Score: Averaging 123.6 points per game
- Conceded: 110.3 points per game.
- Rebounding%: 53.1
- Assist%: 71.2
- Effective Goal%: 59.6
- Win-Loss: 5-5
- Score: Averaging 119.5 points per game
- Conceded: 114.9 points per game.
- Rebounding%: 49.2
- Assist%: 63.6
- Effective Goal%: 54.6
Kings vs Warriors Prediction: Head-to-Head Stats
The Golden State Warriors and the Sacramento Kings are yet to meet in the playoffs. In the regular season, they played 408 games against each other. The Golden State Warriors have the upper hand with 215 wins, while the Sacramento Kings were on the winning side in 193 games.
If we check out the last 5 meetings, 4 games were won by the Warriors and only 1 by the Kings, The previous matchup took place recently on 8 April 2023. The Golden State Warriors won that game with a score of 119-97.
The Warriors have dominated the Kings in the NBA 2022-23, winning 3 out of 4 regular season matchups.
Head-to-Head Key Highlights: Last 5 Meetings
- Number of home games won by the Sacramento Kings: 1
- Number of away games won by the Golden State Warriors: 1
- Average Number of Total Points Scored: 227.2
- Average Number of Points scored by the Sacramento Kings: 109.4
- Average Number of Points scored by Golden State Warriors: 117.8
Kings vs Warriors Game 1 Prediction: Players To Watch Out
Golden State Warriors
- Stephen Curry (Point Guard): Points Per Game: 29.4 | Assists Per Game: 6.3 | Rebounds Per Game: 6.1
- Klay Thompson (Point Guard): Points Per Game: 21.9 | Rebounds Per Game: 4.1 | Assists Per Game: 2.4
- Jordan Poole (Point Guard): Points Per Game: 20.4 | Assists Per Game: 4.5 | Rebounds Per Game: 2.7
- De’Aaron Fox (Point Guard): Points Per Game: 25.0 | Assists Per Game: 6.2 | Rebounds Per Game: 4.2
- Domantas Sabonis (Power Forward): Points Per Game: 19.1 | Rebounds Per Game: 12.3 | Assists Per Game: 7.3
- Kevin Huerter (Shooting Guard): Points Per Game: 15.2 | Rebounds Per Game: 3.3 | Steals Per Game: 1.1
Kings vs Warriors Game 1 Winner Prediction
- Home Advantage: Kings
- Momentum Advantage: Warriors
- H2H Advantage: Warriors
- Offensive Advantage: Kings
- Defensive Advantage: Warriors
- Overall: Kings to win
It is expected to be a jaw-dropping between these two sides in the first round. The Sacramento Kings will back themselves to take a lead at home. They will expect their mighty offense to go all guns blazing and start the postseason with a bang. However, Sacramento has far less experience of playing the knockouts if we it compare with the Golden State Warriors. This is the reason why many feel that the Kings will start as the underdogs.
Despite a below-par campaign, the Warriors know how to deal with the pressure situations of the knockout stages. They will look to dominate the Kings in the first game and secure a crucial lead. A lot will depend on the Splash Brothers who helped the Warriors clinch the title last season.
The Sacramento Kings surely have the potential to stun the defending champions but the Golden State Warriors are expected to win this matchup as per the odds.