Bucks vs Thunder Prediction and Odds
Bucks vs Thunder Prediction: The Milwaukee Bucks are expected to win the upcoming game against the Oklahoma City Thunder as per the latest prediction.
The Milwaukee Bucks will look to return to winning ways when they meet the Oklahoma City Thunder in the upcoming NBA fixture on Wednesday night. The Bucks have got another flying start to the season. Their 9-game winning streak finally came to an end with a loss to the Atlanta Hawks in the last game.
The OKC Thunder on the other hand is on three games losing streak and they will be looking forward to registering the 5th win of this season when they host Milwaukee Bucks tonight at the Paycom Center.
Milwaukee Bucks Registered Their First Defeat of the Season
Milwaukee Bucks have been in excellent form so far. They remained undefeated until the last game when they faced an away defeat at the hands of the Atlanta Hawks.
The Bucks got off to an excellent start this season defeating the likes of the Philadelphia 76ers, Houston Rockets, and others. In their last game, Atlanta Hawks defeated the Bucks whom they had faced earlier this season and registered a 123-115 points win.
The Bucks looked good in the first two quarters. They got outscored by 37-22 in the third quarter. Milwaukee committed 19 turnovers in the game which resulted in 22 points for Atlanta.
None of the players looked in good touch apart from Giannis Antetokounmpo and Jrue Holiday. Both players added 41 points, 13 rebounds, and 9 assists together.
The Bucks average 111.4 points per game this season. Overall they rank 19th in the season. The Bucks have great depth in their lineup. Giannis Antetokounmpo leads the scoring among his teammates while he is 3rd in the season averaging 31.8 points per game. Antetokoumpo has been well assisted by Jrue Holiday who averages 19.6 points per game.
Overall, the Bucks have an excellent team combination and will be the favorites for this game.
Oklahoma Registered 3rd Straight Defeat On Monday
The OKC Thunder have not had a good season so far. They have managed to win only 4 of their last 10 games. With a defeat at the hands of Detroit Pistons on Monday, the City Thunder got pushed to 11th position in the West.
One of the biggest issues for OKC has been the lack of depth in their lineup. Apart from Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, none from the City Thunder have been able to perform. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander has 30.8 PPG while with just 12.9 points per game, Josh Giddey is the 2nd highest scorer amount the Thunders.
Tonight Oklahoma City Thunder will have a mighty challenge to avoid their fourth consecutive defeat when they host the Bucks at the Paycom Center Arena in the upcoming matchup. In their last game, the Thunder’s defense did a brilliant job in the first two quarters, restricting the Pistons to 35.4% shooting. However, the 24-6 run by the Pistons from the start of the third quarter took the game away from the Thunder.
Bucks vs Thunder Prediction: Key Stats
- The Milwaukee Bucks have scored points with an average of 111.4 per game this season. They have a 3-pointer success rate of 34.1%. The average number of assists per game is currently at 23.8.
- The Bucks are 101-102 in away games this season with the last game ending in a loss against the Atlanta Hawks
- Overall, home and away, total Number of games played: 9
- Total Number of games won: 8
- Games won with a difference of fewer than 3 points: 2
- Games won with a difference of 3-10 points: 1
- Games won with a difference of more than 10 points: 5
- In 3 away games this season, the Bucks have lost one game, won a game with a 2-point advantage, and won a game with a 13-point lead.
- The Bucks dominated in the defense. They played with an average of 50.7 rebounds per game. Milwaukee maintained an average of 7.5 steals per game, while the average number of blocks per game stands at 6.8.
Oklahoma City Thunder
- The Oklahoma City Thunder’s current scoring rate is 109.7 per game. They converted 29.3% of the 3-pointers to goals. Oklahoma has an average of 23.8 assists per game so far.
- The Thunder played with an average of 44.9 rebounds per game till now. The averages of the number of steals and blocks per game are currently at 9.1 and 6.1 respectively.
Milwaukee Bucks vs Oklahoma City Thunder Odds
- Milwaukee Bucks: -121 to 130
- Oklahoma City Thunder: +102 to +110
- Milwaukee Bucks -1.5: -107 to -115
- Oklahoma City Thunder +1.5: -105 to -110
- Milwaukee Bucks -3: +106
- Milwaukee Bucks +3: -130
- Over 213.5: -105 to -115
- Under 213.5: -105 to -125
Bucks vs Thunder Prediction: Recent Form
The Milwaukee Bucks have looked in top form this season. They are currently at 9-1 and leading the Eastern Conference. The Bucks won 4 of the last 5 fixtures. At home, they have a 100% win record as of now. On the road trips, they faced just 1 defeat out of the 3 games. The previous matchup ended with a 98-117 loss to the Atlanta Hawks.
Oklahoma City Thunder
The Oklahoma City Thunder got a decent start to the campaign. But they struggled in the last few games. The Thunder are currently at 4-6 in the 11th position of the Western Conference. They could win 2 of the last 5 fixtures. Oklahoma won 3 of the 5 home games so far. In the away matchups, they are at 1-4 till now. The Thunder lost the last game to the Detroit Pistons with a score of 103-112.
Bucks vs Thunder Head-to-Head Stats
Both these teams have met 148 times in the regular season of the NBA. It has been a close battle as the Milwaukee Bucks are marginally ahead with 75 wins, while the Oklahoma City Thunder won 73 games.
If we check out the last 5 matchups, the stats go in the favor of the Bucks again as they won 4 of them. The previous meeting place in the last week of the current season. The Milwaukee Bucks won that game with a score of 108-94.
Milwaukee Bucks vs Oklahoma City Thunder Prediction: Players to Watch Out
Giannis Antetokounmpo (Power Forward)
Points Per Game: 31.8 | Rebounds Per Game: 12.2 | Assists Per Game: 5.3
Jrue Holiday (Point Guard)
Points Per Game: 19.6 | Assists Per Game: 7.9 | Rebounds Per Game: 5.7
Brook Lopez (Center)
Points Per Game: 14.6 | Rebounds Per Game: 6.1 | Blocks Per Game: 2.5
Oklahoma City Thunder
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (Point Guard)
Points Per Game: 30.8 | Assists Per Game: 5.8 | Rebounds Per Game: 4.6
Josh Giddey (Shooting Guard)
Points Per Game: 12.9 | Rebounds Per Game: 5.6 | Assists Per Game: 4.9
Luguentz Dort (Small Forward)
Points Per Game: 12.7 | Rebounds Per Game: 3.9 | Steals Per Game: 1.5
Bucks vs Thunder Injuries
- Pat Connaughton (Shooting Guard)
- Khris Middleton (Small Forward)
- A.J. Green (Guard)
- Joe Ingles (Shooting Guard)
Oklahoma City Thunder
- Aleksej Pokusevski (Forward)
- Chet Holmgren (Power Forward)
Milwaukee Bucks vs Oklahoma City Thunder Prediction: Final Insight and Predicted Winner
The Milwaukee Bucks were on the winning side when these two teams met last week. They will look to continue their dominance in the current and secure their 5th consecutive win over the Thunder. On the other hand, the Oklahoma City Thunder will have no margin of error, especially against the powerful offense department of the visitors. They need a complete team effort to pose a strong challenge. All the predictions and betting markets are favoring the Bucks for this encounter.
Also Read: Atlanta Hawks vs Utah Jazz Prediction