Charlotte Hornets vs New York Knicks Prediction and Odds: Hornets to crush Knicks

Charlotte Hornets vs New York Knicks Prediction and Odds: Hornets to crush Knicks

Charlotte Hornets are projected to win their home match against New York Knicks according to the latest Charlotte Hornets vs New York Knicks Prediction and Odds

Charlotte Hornets vs New York Knicks Prediction and Odds: Preview

On Friday, the New York Knicks take on the Charlotte Hornets at Spectrum Center in Charlotte, North Carolina. The Knicks have a 7-5 record through their first 12 games and are coming off a heartbreaking home loss and meanwhile, the Hornets ended their losing streak with a victory over the Memphis Grizzlies in their most recent game.

Charlotte Hornets vs New York Knicks Prediction and Odds: Match Odds

Charlotte HornetsNew York KnicksPredicted Winner
FiveThirtyEightWin Probability: 55%Win Probability: 45%Charlotte Hornets

Charlotte Hornets vs New York Knicks Prediction and Odds: Recent Form

The Charlotte Hornets have taken their foot off the gas pedal lately. They’ve dropped in almost every category in the league, and they’re at 6-7 after 13 games. The Hornets were defeated by 22 points at Golden State and then by 30 points in Sacramento. The team did, however, end their losing skid against the Memphis Grizzlies in their most recent game. The Grizzlies’ Ja Morant had 32 points, but the Hornets’ Kelly Oubre Jr. scored 37 points off the bench to lead them to win. Miles Bridges has improved his offensive game dramatically, which has aided the Charlotte Hornets.

 So far this season, Bridges have averaged 21.3 points, 7.5 rebounds, 3.5 assists, and 1.8 steals on a 43/34/78 shooting split. Mason Plumlee is averaging 6.6 points and 7.6 rebounds for the Hornets. LaMelo Ball is averaging 2.8 made 3-pointers for Charlotte. The rookie of the year leads his team in assists with an average of 7.1 assists per game. 

The Charlotte Hornets are averaging 114.5 points per game with an average of 44.9 rebounds per game and 9.5 assists per game. They are shooting 37.9% from behind the 3-point line. The Hornets are placed at the bottom of the league in most defensive categories, including points allowed, three-pointers allowed, assists allowed, opponents FG% and 3P%. They need to buckle up to keep up with the New York Knicks’ revamped offence.

Charlotte Hornets vs New York Knicks Prediction and Odds

The New York Knicks are currently at the 7th position in the Eastern conference table with 7 wins and 5 losses. Knicks are coming off a heartbreaking loss to reigning champions, the Milwaukee Bucks 100-112. Giannis led the Bucks by registering a double-double with 15 points and 15 rebounds. Pat Connaughton helped the team by scoring 23 points. This loss was heartbreaking for the fans present at the Maddison Square Garden because the Knicks overcame a 24 point deficit but somehow managed to lose it in the last 2 minutes of the game. 

Derrick Rose scored the most points for the Knicks in the game and ended the night with 22 points. Randle who continues his All-star form scored 16 points and grabbed 5 rebounds. Last season, the New York Knicks were successful in the regular season due to their outstanding defence, but their offence was constantly lacking. This season, however, they’ve flipped the switch. 

The Knicks have the fourth best offensive rating in the NBA and the 26th best defensive rating. The acquisition of Kemba Walker has increased the team’s performance. Meanwhile, Derrick Rose is resembling his previous All-Star self, while RJ Barrett is providing consistent performance. The Knicks are coming off a sad loss in a game they should have won, so they should be hungry and aggressive right away against the Charlotte Hornets.

YouTube video

Charlotte Hornets vs New York Knicks Prediction and Odds: Key Players

Charlotte Hornets

Gordon Hayward- He was perfect from the free throw line in the previous match. He finished the night with 25 points, 5 assists, 5 rebounds.

LaMelo Ball- The rookie of the year fell short of a triple-double as he managed to get 12 points, 8 assists,9 rebounds in the last game against the Memphis Grizzlies.

Kelly Oubre Jr.- 37 points, 1 assist, 5 rebounds the start line at the end of the match for Kelly Oubre Jr as he took the charge of leading the Hornets to the victory in their last match.

New York Knicks

Julius Randle- The All-star scored 16 points, 1 assist, 5 rebounds in the loss. He also leads the team with an average of 21.9 points per game and with 10.5 rebounds per game.

Derrick Rose- The former MVP is showing glimpses of his talents from the past. He managed to get 22 points, 7 assists, 3 rebounds in the match against the Milwaukee Bucks.

RJ Barrett- He helped the team with 9 points, 1 assist, 3 rebounds in the last match.

Charlotte Hornets vs New York Knicks Prediction and Odds: Head-to-Head

The Charlotte Hornets and the New York Knicks have competed with each other in 114 regular season games. The Knicks lead the tally with 9 wins as the Hornets have 53 wins and the Knicks have 61 wins.

The New York Knicks appear to be the favourites to beat the Charlotte Hornets in this contest. Despite the fact that the game is on the road, they have a superior and more experienced roster. Their last match on May 15 2021 was decided through overtime. The Knicks won that game. Whereas the Hornets have defeated the Knicks 3 out of their last 5 encounters.

Charlotte Hornets vs New York Knicks Prediction and Odds: Predicted Winner

As per FiveThirtyEight, Hornets have 55% chances of winning while the Knicks have 45% chances of claiming the match.

Charlotte Hornets vs New York Knicks odds and predictions: Match details

Scheduled Date and Time:  12th November 2021. 7 pm EST

Venue: Spectrum Center, Charlotte

Where to watch: The national broadcast partners of the NBA are ABC, TNT, ESPN, and NBA TV.  For out of market or online viewing use NBA League Pass.

Read More: Nets vs Pelicans Prediction and Odds

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.