Las Vegas Aces vs Phoenix Mercury Prediction and Odds

Las Vegas Aces vs Phoenix Mercury Prediction and Odds
5 1 vote
Article Rating

Las Vegas Aces is predicted to win tonight’s game against Phoenix Mercury as per the latest Las Vegas Aces vs Phoenix Mercury Prediction and Odds

Las Vegas Aces will host Phoenix Mercury in the second match of the best of five semifinal series.

Las Vegas recorded a 96-90 victory over Phoenix and will be hoping to make it two in two when they meet Phoenix again. Despite losing in the first match the format allows Phoenix to have a second go as whoever wins the most number of games in the best of five games.

WNBA: Brittney Griner, Phoenix Mercury defeat Las Vegas Aces in OT - Swish  Appeal

Las Vegas Aces vs Phoenix Mercury Prediction and Odds: Recent Form

Kelsey Plum led the Aces with 20 points and Riquana Williams came up with a brilliant 26 points as the Phoenix now have a mountain to climb.

Chelsey Grey went on to add another 17 points alongside 12 assists as Las Vegas now has a step ahead on their road to the WNBA final. They managed to reach the final last year but Seattle Storm claimed the title with a clear 3-0 win over the Aces.

Grey was pretty happy about how his team outperformed the Mercury in the first game.

“I think they were giving different reads on different people, and we were just taking what the defence gave us.

“The guards have the ball in their hands a lot of the time, especially in transition. We dictate a lot of the game. That’s basketball in general, but it really tightens up when it comes to playoff basketball.”

“We don’t really care necessarily about the numbers, about scoring on the bench.

 “We’re really just focused on how we can uplift our team and give us an extra burst going into second and third quarters.”

Phoenix had to go the hard way to reach the semifinal. They defeated New York Liberty and last season’s winner Seattle Storm to make their way to the semifinal.

Brittney Griner was at the top of her game and added 24 points to the tally. She also recorded 7 rebounds and six assists for the losing side.

Diana Taurasi managed 20 points and will try to keep her focus on the next match. It would be tough to match Vegas’ athleticism but the Mercury adds much more flair to the game which could be decisive next time.

Griner can make her size count as she can come up with an all-round performance. She can score, she can rebound, she can defend and she can be an avid effective player in crunch times.

Brianna Turner is one of the most effective rebounders in the town. She is a mixture of power with precision and also can use her size very wisely.

Vegas do have a number of exciting player in the ranks who could change their fortune. Plum has been one of the most consistent players and she has delivered 20+ points multiple times. She scores for fun and could be an asset for any franchise.

Las Vegas Aces vs Phoenix Mercury Prediction and Odds: Predicted Winner

Las Vegas claimed a deserving victory in the first match. Phoenix will try to disrupt the proceedings in the second game as they know a win would provide them be massive for them. According to FiveThirtyEight, Las Vegas have a 79% chance to double their advantage while Phoenix have a mere 21% chance of winning the match.

Las Vegas Aces
Phoenix Mercury
Predicted Winner
Win Probability; 79%
Win Probability: 21%
Las Vegas Aces
Odds; 1.35
Odds: 3.45
Las Vegas Aces

Las Vegas Aces vs Phoenix Mercury Prediction and Odds: Match Details

Las Vegas Aces vs Phoenix Mercury Game 2 of 5-Games Semi-Final Series

Scheduled Date and Time: 30th September, 10 PM EST

Host Team: Las Vegas Aces at Michelob Ultra Arena

Where to Watch: The national broadcast partners of the WNBA are ABC, TNT, ESPN and NBA TV.  For out of market or online viewing use WNBA League Pass.

Las Vegas Aces vs Phoenix Mercury H2H

Phoenix Mercury and Las Vegas Aces have faced each other 51 times. Phoenix is the most successful amongst the two with 33 wins while Las Vegas won the remaining 18 ties.

Phoenix will be hosting the third match of the semifinal round of five but they will not be able to stage the game at their home stadium Footprint Center as it is scheduled to host Disney on Ice. They will have to play the game at Desert Financial Arena.

They were deprived of their home comfort against New York Liberty in the elimination game as they were forced to play the match anywhere else. It remains to seen how the franchise plans to accomodate their most vocal fan group-the X Factor inside the arena.

Read: Connecticut Sun vs Chicago Sky Odds and Prediction

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x