Magic vs Suns Prediction: Statistical Analysis
Magic vs Suns Prediction: Suns are expected to win the upcoming game against the Magic as per the latest prediction.
The Orlando Magic (3-9) hosts the Phoenix Suns (8-3) at the Amway Center. The Magic are currently ranked 14th on the table and are coming off a win against Dallas in a low-scoring game.
The suns have been up and running this season and are currently well-placed at second in the western Conference. The suns have won two of its last three games and are coming off a win against Minnesota Timberwolves.
Magic vs Suns Prediction: Key Stats
Franz Wagner stars in a low-scoring thriller
Orlando Magic are 14th in the Eastern Conference with a 3-10 record. Magic has lost. In the last five games, the Magic have performed better. Magic has won two of its last five games. Magic was solid against the Mavericks and put together a compact performance. Magic scored 49.3% of field goals and made 38.3% of 3-pointers. Franz Wagner ran the show with 22 points.
Gobert and Mcdaniels lead the suns to their 9th victory
The Suns are 3rd in the Western Conference with 8-3. In the last three games, the Suns have beaten the Trail Blazers and Timberwolves. Gobert and McDaniels weaved their magic against the Timberwolves in the last game. Gobert and Mcdaniels finished with 49 points as Suns beat Timberwolves in a high-scoring encounter with a score of 129-117.
- In 6 home games this season, the Hawks have won 3 games with an average winning aggregate of 112
- Number of games with a 3 or fewer points difference = 2
- Number of games with a 4-10 points difference = 3
- The Hawks have averaged 110.5 points per game this season. 32.8% of 3-point field goals are successful. Assists have been on the slightly lower side with 21.8.
- Rebound has been on the higher side as well with an average rebound of 45.7 per match.
- If we talk about defensive Stats, Magic are averaging 6.1 steals and 5.1 blocks per match.
- The Suns have averaged 113.9 points per game this season. 37.2% of 3-point field goals are successful. Assists have been excellent as well with 27.9 assists per match.
- Steals and Blocks have been better than Magic. The suns average 8.1 steals and 5.2 blocks per game.
- The suns’ home and award records are pretty good as well. Suns have won 6 out of 7 games in its home games. The away record is slightly average with two wins and two losses.
Magic vs Suns odds
Magic vs Sun’s odds is in favour of magic with most betting sites picking Magic over Suns.
- Magic:- +240
- Suns: -333
- Magic: +7(-114)
- Suns:- -7 (-114)
Magic vs Suns Prediction: Recent Form
After starting the season with five consecutive losses, the Magic won against the Hornets and have won 3 out of its last seven games. Magic has defeated Dallas, Golden State, and the Hornets this season. The last game saw the Magic beat Dallas in a low-scoring encounter.
Phoenix is currently 8-3 this season. Phoenix started on a strong note winning 6 out of its first seven games. In the last five games, the Suns’ form has seen a slight dip with 2 losses. Suns in its last five games have lost against Portland and Philadelphia.
Magic vs Suns Prediction: Head-to-Head Stats
There have been 65 regular season games between these two teams in NBA history. While the Suns have 39 wins, the Magic have 26.
In the last five matches too, Sun has dominated the Magic with a 4-1 record, including a 102-99 win in the last match.
- Three of its last five matches have seen under 220 points.
- The biggest margin of victory belongs to the Suns with 27 points.
- Magic has struggled against the suns, and the only victory has come with just one point (112-111).
Magic vs Suns Prediction: Players to Watch Out
Banchero (Power Forward)
Points Per Game: 22.9 | Assists Per Game: 3.6 | Rebounds Per Game: 8.3
Franz Wagner (Small Forward)
Points Per Game: 18.4 | Rebounds Per Game: 3.8 | Assists Per Game: 4.7
Wendell Carter Jr (Center)
Points Per Game: 15.70 | Rebounds Per Game: 9.4 | Assists Per Game: 2.9
Devin Booker (Shooting Guard)
Points Per Game: 27.5 | Rebounds Per Game: 4.2 | Assists Per Game: 5.5
Mikal Bridges (Small Forward)
Points Per Game: 16.4 | Assists Per Game: 2.9 | Rebounds Per Game: 5.3
Deandre Ayton (Center)
Points Per Game: 14.6 | Rebounds Per Game: 7.6 | Assists Per Game: 1.6
Magic vs Suns Injuries
Moritz Wagner (Center)
Kevon Harris (Guard)
Markeller Fultz (Point Guard)
Chris Paul (Point Guard)
Each team has its own set of problems going into this match. The suns’ away record hasn’t been great, with a 50% win rate. However, the Magic’s offence has been better this season, but their defense has not.
In their last 3 games, the Magic have allowed 120 points or more on two occasions, including to Houston and Sacramento, both struggling teams.
Suns are the favourites going into this match but Magic can test them with their top-notch offense.