Minnesota Lynx vs Chicago Sky Prediction and Betting Odds

Minnesota Lynx vs Chicago Sky Prediction and Betting Odds

Minnesota Lynx is predicted to win their upcoming clash against Chicago Sky as per the latest Minnesota Lynx vs Chicago Sky Prediction and Betting Odds

Minnesota Lynx will take on Chicago Sky in the second-round playoff at Target Center.

Chicago got past the challenge of Dallas Wings 81-64 in the first-round playoff clash and now will head to the knockout game with lots of confidence.

How to Watch the Chicago Sky vs. Minnesota Lynx (6/15/21) -- WNBA |  Channel, Stream, Time - mlive.com

Minnesota Lynx vs Chicago Sky Prediction and Betting Odds: Recent Form

It’s a known area for Chicago Sky while Minnesota is relatively new to the playoff. Candace Parker has been a revelation for the franchise and will once again try to emulate his form against Minnesota.

Chicago has failed to get past the first round on the past two occasions but this time they have finally made it and will be eyeing a place in the semifinal.

Sylvia Fowles has been pretty rock-solid in the Minnesota defense and it will be her responsibility to stop the Chicago juggernaut.

She has averaged 1.9 blocks this season and has also garnered 1.8 steals per match. At the age of 35, she is still going strong. Her defensive gameplay has saved numerous points this season and he is going to be a key player in this match.

Fowles’accurate timing also made her one of the renowned defenders of the WNBA circuit. He rarely makes a foul and knows exactly when to attack the ball.

This will be Candace Parker’s match to lose. The defender moved to his hometown franchise this season and will be determined to deliver this time.

Sky’s porous defense needed the thrust and Parker provided just that. She has given the side a new defensive identity and can single-handedly win you a game.

This time Parker has identified the WNBA Championship as her only target he might well end the season with a trophy in her hand.

YouTube video

Napheesa Collier will lead the Minnesota offense. She is a very intelligent player as she mixes her speed with her positioning very well. She loves to cut back inside cheating his immediate defender which often leads to a basket.

She also can dart past players with his cheeky dodging skills which could be effective against big defenders.

Aerial Powers too comes with his own input which definitely makes Minnesota the team to watch. She can dribbles past a number of defenders as she has the power and balance to get past the opponent with ease.

Powers is also the go-to man when things aren’t working. She can draw fouls, can go left and can right, and can shoot from a distance.

Kayla McBride can be an effective shooter. His teammates often make spaces for her to shoot.

Courtney Vandersloot played a big part in their win over Dallas Wings. She claimed 17 points, six assists, and eight-rebound to guide her team to the second-round playoffs. Allie Quigley too came in very handy for Dallas as she added 15 points.

YouTube video

Minnesota Lynx vs Chicago Sky Predictions and Betting Odds: Predicted Winner

There isn’t an easy game in the playoffs particularly when you have the chance of getting knocked out.

Minnesota qualifies to the playoffs directly and on paper have a better team. Minnesota Lynx vs Chicago Sky Prediction and Betting Odds also predicting a win for the Minnesota Lynx in the second round playoff clash.

According to FiveThirtyEight Minnesota will have 77% chances of winning the match and Chicago have a slender chance of 23% in this match.

Minnesota LynxChicago SkyPredicted Winner
FiveThirtyEightWin Probability: 77%Win Probability: 23%Minnesota Lynx

Minnesota Lynx vs Chicago Sky Prediction and Betting Odds: Match Details

Minnesota Lynx vs Chicago Sky

Scheduled Date and Time: Sunday, 26th September, 5 PM EST

Host Team: Minnesota Lynx at Target Center

Where to Watch: The national broadcast partners of the WNBA are ABC, TNT, ESPN and NBA TV.  For out of market or online viewing use WNBA League Pass.

Minnesota Lynx vs Chicago Sky Prediction and Betting Odds: Head to Head

Minnesota and Lynx have met 17 times so far. Minnesota has a slight upper hand with 9 wins while Chicago will have the opportunity to make it even as they are on eight wins.

The top two seeds qualify directly for the semifinals and no need to go through the playoffs hurdle. Third and four seeds get a bit of relief as they reach the playoffs second round directly.

The rest of the seeds play among themselves. Both the semifinals and the finals are the best of five games. teams get their new seeds after each round.

Minnesota Lynx vs Chicago Sky History

Minnesota last won a WNBA title back in 2017 and this could be a make-or-break season for him. They took sweet revenge for their 2016 final defeat when they defeated Los Angeles Sparks in the 2017 final. They have been one of the most consistent franchises but missed five playoffs until 2009.

Since Cheryl Reeve was brought in to coach the side a sense of renewal flowed in. They went on to win the title in 2011, 2013, 2015, and 2017. This season too they are very well placed to lift the title and need to come up with a special performance against the Chicago Sky.

Chicago is still searching for that elusive Championship for their trophy room. They are one of the new franchises which were launched back in 2006. They brought in Candace Parker as a free agent and the change is quite visible as they are launching a project to win the WNBA this season.

Read: Seattle Storm vs Phoenix Mercury Predictions and Betting Odds