WNBA 2021 Finals: Phoenix Mercury vs Chicago Sky Prediction and Betting Odds

WNBA 2021 Finals: Phoenix Mercury vs Chicago Sky Prediction and Betting Odds
3 2 votes
Article Rating

Phoenix Mercury is predicted to win Game 1 of the WNBA 2021 finals against the Chicago Sky as per the latest Phoenix Mercury vs Chicago Sky Prediction and Betting Odds

On Friday night, Brittney Griner with 28 points, nine rebounds, and one block led her team, Phoenix Mercury to 87-84 points win over Las Vegas Aces in Game 5 of the five games semi-final series. With that win, Phoenix Mercury entered the finals of WNBA 2021, the first time since 2014. They will be facing Chicago Sky in the finals. Chicago Sky went past the challenge of the Connecticut Sun in the semi-finals.

The two teams, Phoenix Mercury on Chicago Sky will play the first game of the WNBA 2021 finals on Sunday. Phoenix Mercury will play a host to Chicago Sky for the 1st of 3 games finals at Talking Stick Resort Arena. The game is scheduled for live stream from 3 PM EST.

Photos: Phoenix Mercury vs. Chicago Sky, Aug. 31, 2021
Phoenix Mercury
Chicago Sky
Predicted Winner
Odds: 1.43
Odds: 2.58
Phoenix Mercury
Win Probability: 68%
Win Probability: 32%
Phoenix Mercury

Phoenix Mercury vs Chicago Sky Prediction and Betting Odds: WNBA 2021 Form

On Friday night when the 4th quarter of Game 5 between Phoenix Mercury and Las Vegas Aces started, they were behind Aces by 8 points. However, Diana Taurasi and Brittney Griner completely changed the match result in the 4th quarter. Taurasi scored 14 of her 24 points in the fourth quarter while Brittney Griner had 28 points and nine rebounds in the game. The final result was 87-84 points in favor of Phoenix Mercury. Phoenix Mercury coach Sandy Brondello when asked about the fourth quarter said,

“Diana making shots, that’s what changed it. That gave us hope. I thought we played with pretty good poise. That comes from developing chemistry, but Diana Taurasi, that was pretty big.”

.@brittneygriner WITH THE BIG BLOCK 🤐

Originally tweeted by WNBA (@WNBA) on October 9, 2021.

Overall Phoenix Mercury had an average season before making for the playoffs. They were the 5th seeded team in the overall WNBA 2021 ranking. They won 19 games and lost 13 games this season in the regular season.  Their conference record stood at 6-9.

Talking about their home record, they have had 7 wins and 9 defeats at home in regular-season while on roads their record has been better. They have had 12 wins in 16 games on roads.

In the first round of playoffs, they defeated New York Liberty and then went on to defeat Seattle Storm before making it in for the semi-finals against Las Vegas Aces. They won the semi-final series by 3-2.

WNBA: Are the Phoenix Mercury and Chicago Sky championship contenders? -  Swish Appeal

Chicago Sky on the other hand had a better semi-final experience as compared to that of Phoenix Mercury. They were up against the No. 1 seeded team, Connecticut Sun in the semi-finals. However, they completed the 5 games semi-final series in 4-games as they won the series by 3-1 and became the first team to qualify for the 2021 WNBA finals.

Chicago Sky was 6th in the regular-season standings with 16 wins and 16 defeats. They were able to maintain a home record of 6-10 and an away record of 10-6 in the ongoing season.

WNBA 2021 Finals: Phoenix Mercury vs Chicago Sky Prediction and Betting Odds: Head-to-head

In the last five head-to-head games between Phoenix Mercury and Chicago Sky, Mercury has had an edge as they have been successful on four occasions while Chicago Sky won the only game.

Since 2009 the two teams have clashed 36 times in head-to-head games. Of 36 games, Phoenix Mercury has 22 wins while Chicago Sky has 14 wins.

This season of 3 games between the two teams, Chicago Sky won 1 while Phoenix Mercury won 2 games.

WNBA 2021 Finals: Phoenix Mercury vs Chicago Sky Prediction and Betting Odds: Predicted Winner

Both Chicago Sky and Phoenix Mercury came from behind to make it to the finals of the WNBA 2021 season. THe two teams have already played 3 games against each other this season with Phoenix Mercury leading by 2 wins. Even in overall stats, Phoenix Mercury has been ahead of Chicago Sky. Therefore, considering the overall stats as well as keeping in mind the home advantage, Phoenix Mercury has an edge over the Chicago Sky in Game 1 of the 2021 WNBA finals.

Even the latest Phoenix Mercury vs Chicago Sky Prediction and Betting Odds are in favor of Phoenix Mercury. As per FiveThirtyEight, the win probability of Phoenix Mercury in the Sunday afternoon game stands at 68% while the chances of visitors defeating Mercury is 32%.

WNBA 2021 Finals: Phoenix Mercury vs Chicago Sky Prediction and Betting Odds: Match Details

Phoenix Mercury vs Chicago Sky Game 1 of 3 Games Final

Scheduled Date and Time: Sunday, 10th October, 3 PM EST

Host Team: Phoenix Mercury

Where to Watch: The national broadcast partners of the WNBA are ABC, TNT, ESPN and NBA TV.  For out of market or online viewing use WNBA League Pass.

Read: NBA Preseason: Brooklyn Nets vs Milwaukee Bucks Prediction and Odds

Subscribe
Notify of
guest

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

1 Comment
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
trackback

[…] Read: WNBA 2021 Finals: Phoenix Mercury vs Chicago Sky Prediction and Betting Odds […]

1
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x