Phoenix Mercury vs Dallas Wings Prediction: Wings To Win

Phoenix Mercury vs Dallas Wings Prediction: Wings To Win

Phoenix Mercury vs Dallas Wings Prediction: Dallas Wings is predicted to win their upcoming clash against Phoenix Mercury as per the latest prediction.

The 2022 WNBA season has been home to some of the best contests and nail-biting thrillers. After almost 7 weeks of its action, the defending champions Chicago Sky and Los Vegas Aces have emerged as the two strong contenders.

Apart from them, the midfield battle is between the likes of Wings, Mercury, Wings, and others. Come Saturday, the Wings are set to play Phoenix Mercury to inch closer to Storm in the table.

Looking at the head-to-head, odds, and other stats, it is clear that the Wings have their noses ahead in this encounter.

Phoenix Mercury vs Dallas Wings Prediction

Phoenix MercuryDallas WingsPredicted Winner
FiveThirtyEightWin Probability: 30%Win Probability: 70%Wings
YouTube video

Phoenix Mercury vs Dallas Wings Prediction: Recent form

The Dallas Wings are having a season of their own after putting themselves in the middle of the points table. They have had a mixed bag of results where they have won nine and lost nine games in 18 appearances so far.

While their away record is 5-4, they have a long way to overturn their slightly underwhelming home record. In the last 5 outings, they have comfortably displaced Fever, Mercury and Sparks with losses coming against Aces and Dream.

On the contrary, the Phoenix Mercury seems to have fallen into a deep pit that they themselves dug in the past few weeks. Even though the initial getaway was turbulent, they more than made it up in the games that followed.

But their last few outings have been kind of a bummer for the fans as they are tattering under pressure in 5th place in the Western Conference. In their last match, they were thwarted by a confident Lynx side, handing them their third loss on the trot.

Phoenix Mercury vs Dallas Wings Prediction: Head-to-head

Matches: 32: Wings: 15 Mercury: 9 Draw: 8

Last Meeting: Wings won 93-88 against Mercury on 18th June 2022.

Phoenix Mercury vs Dallas Wings Prediction: Players to watch

Wings:

Isabelle Harrison who has played at the center position has tons of experience in NBA with an average of 10.3 points and 1.7 assists this season so far.

Arike Ogunbowale who is the shooting guard has a free throw percentage of 80.6 besides 2.9 rebounds while the point guard Chelsea Gray has improved drastically with 12.5 points per game in 16 outings.

Marina Mabrey brings the power and versatility to the center with a free throw percentage of 53.6% and a field goal percentage of 44.6% in 16 games this season.

Phoenix Mercury vs Dallas Wings Prediction: Mercury

Shey Peddy has taken part in 80 games with an average of 8.3 points per game and a field goal percentage of 45.8% in this edition.

Tina Charles’ performance will be the decisive factor for the Mercury who pitched in with 26 points and 5 rebounds against Lynx.

Diana Taurasi who will be the shooting guard has averaged 15.9 points in every outing and has been a consistent performer for the side this season.

Diamond DeShields who plays as the forward has averaged 13.9 points and 3.5 rebounds in the recent past.

Phoenix Mercury vs Dallas Wings Prediction: Predicted Winner

The Wings taking on the Mercury is looking like a one-sided affair with the hosts looking to control the proceedings. It is clearly evident in the chances that they possess with the away side in desperate need of a win. The FiveThirtyEight have slotted the Dallas side as the favorites with a huge chance of 70% while their rivals have a meek 30% chance of victory.

According to Oddschecker, the Dallas Wings are the 6th favorites in this year’s championship with odds of 50/1 while their rivals are down at 7th place with odds of 66/1. The Covers have also suggested the same giving better odds to the home team.  

Read: Seattle Storm vs Los Angeles Sparks Prediction

Phoenix Mercury vs Dallas Wings Prediction