Phoenix Mercury vs Las Vegas Aces Game 3 Prediction and Odds: Phoenix Mercury is predicted to win Game 3

Phoenix Mercury vs Las Vegas Aces Game 3 Prediction and Odds: Phoenix Mercury is predicted to win Game 3
5 1 vote
Article Rating

Phoenix Mercury is predicted to win Game 3 of semi finals against Las Vegas Aces as per the latest Phoenix Mercury vs Las Vegas Aces Game 3 Prediction and Odds

Phoenix Mercury will have their chance to take the lead when they host Las Vegas Aces in the third match of the five match semifinal series.

Mercury levelled the series as they came back to overwhelm the Aces 117-91 in a tightly contested game. Diana Taurasi came out with her best performance as he scored her career best 37 points in the second match to make it even.

PHOENIX MERCURY vs. LAS VEGAS ACES | FULL GAME HIGHLIGHTS | September 30, 2021

Phoenix Mercury vs Las Vegas Aces Game 3 Prediction and Odds: Recent Form

Phoenix started the second game full of intent. Brittney Griner maintained her consistent performance as she recorded 25 points and 16 points she managed to claim in the first quarter itself.

Phoenix scored 68 first half points which is also a WNBA playoff record. They converted 76.5% shooting to set the record straight.

They scored 84.2% in the first quarter as they seemed to be in a hurry to finish the game. They finished the first quarter with a 37-20 lead.

But it was Taurasi who changed the complexion of the game single handedly. The 39 year old had missed Mercury’s last four games in the season and also couldn’t be available for the first round elimination against New York Liberty due to a left ankle injury.

But she made it look easy as she was all over the court. She said, “We brought a different mindset to the game, an aggression.

“That’s what these games come down to. In Game 1, they were the aggressors. They played more physical. Today we did that and sustained that for long periods.”

“I think as you get older, obviously you want to practice and get into a rhythm, but that’s when you’ve really got to lock in and lean on your experiences you’ve had in this league for a long time.”

Kelsey Plum was awarded as the sixth player of the year but couldn’t hold the Mercury from taking away the game. She came up with 25 points, Riquna Williams bagged 17 points and Liz Cambage recorded 13 points.

Las Vegas pushed Mercury to the edge in the first game and Phoenix replicate that strategy in the second game as they started the game with more aggression and with more physicality.

PHOENIX MERCURY vs. LAS VEGAS ACES | FULL GAME HIGHLIGHTS | September 28, 2021

Fatigue could be an issue as Phoenix have now played a number of games in a very few days as they had to go through the elimination round while Las Vegas enjoyed a nine day break before resuming their semifinal clash.

Phoenix Mercury vs Las Vegas Aces Game 3 Prediction and Odds: Match Details

Phoenix Mercury vs Las Vegas Aces Game 3 of 5-Games Semi-Final Series

Scheduled Date and Time: 3rd  October, 3 PM EST

Host Team: Phoenix Mercury at Footprint Center

Where to Watch: The national broadcast partners of the WNBA are ABC, TNT, ESPN and NBA TV.  For out of market or online viewing use WNBA League Pass.

Phoenix will be hosting the third match of the semifinal round of five but they will not be able to stage the game at their home stadium Footprint Center as it is scheduled to host Disney on Ice. They will have to play the game at Desert Financial Arena.

Phoenix Mercury vs Las Vegas Aces Game 3 Prediction and Odds: Predicted Winner

The third game of the five match series is definitely going to be the most exciting one. The balance has shifted towards Mercury a bit following their resounding win over the Aces in the second match and they will start the third match with oozing confidence as they will also be banking on their home comfort.

As Per FiveThirtyEight, Mercury now have 64% chances of winning the match while the Aces will have 36% chance to make it two wins out of three.

Phoenix Mercury
Las Vegas Aces
Predicted Winner
Win Probability; 64%
Win Probability: 36%
Phoenix Mercury
Odds; 1.35
Odds: 3.45
Phoenix Mercury

Originally tweeted by Basketball Reference (@bball_ref) on October 1, 2021.

WNBA Team Net Rating Leaders
Connecticut Sun – +13.2
Las Vegas Aces – +11.1
Seattle Storm – +5.6

Full List

Originally tweeted by Basketball Reference (@bball_ref) on October 1, 2021.

WNBA Team Defensive Rating Leaders
Connecticut Sun – 93.7
Las Vegas Aces – 98.0
Minnesota Lynx – 99.1

Full List

Phoenix Mercury vs Las Vegas Aces Game 3 Prediction and Odds: H2H

Phoenix Mercury and Las Vegas Aces have faced each other 52 times. Phoenix is the most successful amongst the two with 34 wins while Las Vegas won the remaining 18 ties.

The Aces are favourites for the WNBA title this season as they were badly thrashed by Seattle Storm in the best of the five final as they couldn’t take even one game. But this time they are looking far more sharp and determined and are ready to make their presence felt.

Angel McCoughtry was sidelined for an ACL injury but Aces have never shown their complacency throughout their season. Their away record is much better than their home record so they do have a real chance when they travel to Phoenix for the crucial third match up.

Phoenix Mercury vs Las Vegas Aces Game 3 Prediction and Odds: Latest News and Tweets

Originally tweeted by The Shadow League (@ShadowLeague) on October 2, 2021.

Diana Taurasi might be the GOAT.

The Phoenix Mercury guard scored a playoff career-high 37 points leading Phoenix to a 117-91 victory over the Las Vegas Aces. In addition, Taurasi accomplished this feat while injured.

Originally tweeted by Gina Obewan (@SmilinChica) on October 2, 2021.

Rewatching the last @PhoenixMercury game. I’m noticing @brittneygriner and how she stepped up against the double and triple team AND STILL assisting

I won’t be surprised if she ends up with a triple double game during these next playoffs games

#WNBAPlayoffs #mighymercury

Suns Chris Paul buys 500 tickets for Mercury semifinal game

Sophie Cunningham providing spark for Phoenix Mercury in WNBA playoffs, playing to glorify God

Originally tweeted by Charlotte Carroll (@charlottecrrll) on October 1, 2021.

Doubleheader fun #WNBA/#NBA news:

Phoenix Suns’ preseason game vs. LA Lakers at 3 p.m. PT on NBATV
Mercury’s Game 4 vs. Las Vegas Aces in the WNBA Semifinals at 7 p.m. PT on ESPN.

Both games will be played on the Phoenix Mercury’s home court at Footprint Center

And ICYMI: The doubleheader comes after Mercury were forced to play elsewhere earlier in the WNBA semis! @kavithadavidson broke it down for @TheAthleticWBB:

Mercury post-game conference after their 117-91 win over the Las Vegas Aces

Read: Connecticut Sun vs Chicago Sky Odds and Prediction

WNBA: Brittney Griner, Phoenix Mercury defeat Las Vegas Aces in OT - Swish  Appeal

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x