Raptors vs Lakers Prediction and NBA Odds

Raptors vs Lakers Prediction and NBA Odds

Toronto Raptors will start as home favorites in tonight’s clash against the Los Angeles Lakers.

The latest Raptors vs Lakers Prediction and NBA Odds also favor the Raptors over the Lakers.

The Toronto Raptors is set to face a massive challenge against Los Angeles Lakers in an interesting inter-conference game. The Raptors have found themselves in an ascent journey registering seven victories in the last 10 games.

On the other hand, Los Angeles Lakers are feeling the heat with their best players not in the fray due to injuries. The hosts would be looking to put behind their previous dismal performance against quality oppositions, with the visitors trying to overturn the odds and predictions stacked against them.

The game is scheduled to be held in the Scotiabank Arena tonight.

Toronto RaptorsLos Angeles LakersPredicted Winner
FiveThirtyEightWin Probability: 81%Win Probability: 19%Raptors
SmarketsOdds: 1.24Odds: 3.85Raptors
YouTube video

Read: Bulls vs Suns Prediction and NBA Odds

Raptors vs Lakers Prediction and NBA Odds: Recent Form

The Toronto Raptors didn’t get to the best of the getaways with three losses in four games. They finally registered their 1st win of the season with a triumph against the Celtics. Their good form resumed with five consecutive wins that gave a big boost to their confidence.

When they seemed to have tightened the screws early this year, they let go of the winning momentum that derailed their campaign. They played Clippers in the last game where they put up a strong performance to secure their 39th victory of the season. They have dropped down to 7th place with 39 victories and 30 defeats in the season so far.

YouTube video

The Los Angeles Lakers are still not out of the woods with still a huge task in hand if they have to make it to the playoffs. Despite getting off to a decent start, they weren’t able to continue their dominance in the games that followed. This meant that they were always playing catch up with respect to other giant sides.

To enunciate this further, they have managed to secure just two victories in the 9 games that they have played against weaker teams like Wizards but have faltered when faced with Clippers, Suns, Raptors, and Spurs. They are desperately looking for redemption with their 9th spot under threat from the Pelicans.

Raptors vs Lakers Prediction and NBA Odds: Head-to-head

Regular season (50 games): Raptors – 21 wins, Lakers – 29 wins.

Playoffs: 0. 

Previous meeting: Raptors won 114-103 on 14th March 2022 in a regular season fixture.

Raptors vs Lakers Prediction and NBA Odds: Players to Watch Out

Raptors:

Pascal Siakam will be the power forward in the side with an efficiency rating of 20.29 and average of 22 points in every outing so far. He managed to contribute 31 points and 3 assists in the last game.

Gary Trent Jr. is an important shooting guard with a field goal success of 41% and a 3-pointer conversion of 37.7% so far. He pitched in with 7 points and 4 rebounds against the Clippers.

Khem Birch who has played at the center position has tons of experience in the NBA with an average of 5.7 points and 5.1 rebounds per game in his career.

Fred VanVleet is another important forward who averages 22.1 points in every outing.

Lakers:

LeBron James who has played at the power forward position has tons of experience in NBA with an average of 29.5 points and 8.1 rebounds in this season so far. He pitched in with 19 points against the Timberwolves.

Dwight Howard who is the Center has carried the side with close to 6 points while the point guard Russell Westbrook needs to do better than 17.9 points per game in this season.

Carmelo Anthony brings the power and versatility to the center with a free throw percentage of 82.9% and a field goal percentage of 44.3% in 61 games.

Malik Monk who is another useful guard pitched in with 13 points and 6 assists in 30 minutes.

Raptors vs Lakers Prediction and NBA Odds: Predicted Winner

Irrespective of the odds and predictions, it is pretty clear that both sides haven’t had the best seasons so far and are scrambling for a playoff berth in their respective conferences.

The famous prediction platforms like Oddschecker and Smarkets have given the pole position to the Raptors in this clash, slating the Los Angeles side on the losing side so far.

The surprising thing here is that the Raptors have been given a superior chance to win this game with the Lakers far behind having a paltry 19% chance, according to FiveThirtyEight.

Raptors vs Lakers Prediction and NBA Odds
Subhash

Subhash

Subhash, Founder of Crowdwisdom360 is an MBA and a Trained Financial Advisor with an extensive background in Forecasting in Financial Services and Politics. He has appeared many times on National TV and has written for a variety of magazines on Wealth Management and Election Strategy.