BJP’s Possible Move to Gain Minority Support
“Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas, Sabka Viswas”, after the Lok Sabha 2019 results BJP’s “Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas” had a new entry “Sabka Viswas”. Election result was evident that BJP was able to breach all the caste and religion barriers. Taking forward the theme “Sabka VIswas”, the central government on June 11, 2019 took a major minorities development move. Minority Affairs Minister, Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said that the Government led by PM Narendra Modi has proved to be a “Government of Iqbal (authority) , Insaaf (justice) and Imaan (integrity).”
Committed to the principle of “Samaveshi Vikas, Sarvsparshi Viswas” (inclusive growth and trust), the Union Cabinet Minister for Minority Affairs, Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi chaired 112th Governing Body and 65th General Body meeting of Maulana Azad Education Foundation on 11th June 12, 2019. The outcome of the meeting were
- For the school dropout girls from the minority communities, a “bridge course” from reputed educational institutions of the country was to be provided. This will help the school dropout girls to be linked to education and employment.
- Madrasa teachers across the country will be given training in various subjects of Hindi, English, Maths, Science, Computers etc. This will help the teachers to impart modern education to the students studying in Madrasa.
- For the economically weak Minority- Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Jain, Buddhist, Parsi students a free-coaching for Central and state administrative services, banking services, staff selection commission, railways and other examinations will be provided.
- To ensure socio-economic-educational empowerment of Minorities especially girls through “3E”- Education, Employment and Empowerment, various scholarships including Pre-matric, post-matric, merit-cum-means etc. will be provided to 5 crore students in the next five years, which will include 50 per cent girl students. This includes more than 10 lakh Begum Hazrat Mahal Girls Scholarship in the next five years for economically weaker sections.
- Schools, colleges, ITIs, polytechnics, girl’s hostels, Gurukul type residential schools, common service centres etc. will be constructed on war-footing under Pradhanmantri Jan Vikas Karykram (PMJVK) in those areas where these educational infrastructures has not been development yet.
- “Padho-Badho” awareness campaign to be launched across the country to encourage education especially in Minority girls in those areas of the country where people don’t send their children to schools due to socio-economic reasons. The campaign will be focussed on girls. This awareness campaign will include “Nukkad Natak” (street play), short films, cultural programmes etc.
The Modi government which has often been criticized by the opposition as anti-minority is trying to win the trust of the minority community of the country. By taking all these initiatives for the development of minorities, Modi is heading towards the path of becoming a statesman.
“The minorities have trust that Modiji’s ‘vikas’ (development) agenda is not for votes and that we are doing development honestly. When we say development for all, we want it for minorities also. When we say education for all, we mean it for minorities too.” the minority affairs minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqbi was heard saying while addressing the press.