Boston Celtics vs Washington Wizards NBA Odds and Predictions
The NBA has lined-up a series of interesting clashes over the weekend for the fans. On Saturday night, the underdogs Washington Wizards are all set to pose a feeble challenge when they face Boston Celtics in what is considered a one-sided affair.
The hosts are currently distraught after a forgettable season whereas Celtics are looking to build some momentum before getting into the play off games. The game is played in the Capital One Arena.
The Celtics would be backing themselves to win their 14th game of the season while the Wizards would do everything to deny it.
The latest Boston Celtics vs Washington Wizards NBA Odds and Predictions will be updated in this space. Going in the match the Celtics starts as favorites as per FiveThirtyEight predictions. They have 70% chances of beating the Wizards while for hosts chances stands at mere 30%.
Boston Celtics vs Washington Wizards NBA Odds and Predictions: Players to watch out
Rui Hachimura is the power forward in the side with an efficiency rating of 12.86 and average of 13.3 points in every outing so far. He was one of the key contributors in the last game as he accumulated 15 points along with 7 rebounds.
Russell Westbrook is an important point guard with a field goal success of 41.6% and a 3-pointer conversion of 33.3% so far. He provided with 23 points and 7 assists against Raptors.
Alex Len who has played at the center position has tons of experience in NBA with an average of 7.8 points and 4.3 rebounds per game in his career.
Bradley Beal is another important key guard who averages close to 33 points in every outing.
Amidst rumors on Kemba Walker’s potential trade, he has been a liability for the side with injuries hampering his progress. He has averaged 15 points per game this season.
Jayson Tatum is an important candidate who has time and again got the team out of the dumps with special performances. He scored 17 points and 9 assists against Raptors.
Jaylen Brown who is one of the better guards in the team has an average of 26.7 points in addition to 5.6 rebounds in 21 games.
Daniel Theis who plays as the center pitched in with 8 points and 5 rebounds against Raptors. Semi Ojeleye came in as a surprise to everyone when he scored 24 points in his last appearance.
Boston Celtics vs Washington Wizards NBA Odds and Predictions: Recent form
Washington Wizards’ campaign is in complete tatters with the side struggling to string any sort of momentum by winning games. Their ill-fate was evident when they struggled to get a win under their belt initially.
It was not until the 6th game against Timberwolves that they tasted victory. They have so far achieved 6 victories but have been thrashed and battered on 16 occasions so far. In the last 5 outings, they have managed to win against the likes of Bulls and Heat but have faced losses to Hornets, Raptors and Heat.
On the contrary, the last season conference finalists have done a tidy job in the Eastern conference that has kept them in the fray. They were off to a flyer with a win against Bucks but things started to go the other way when they faced Nets and Pacers in the next two games.
They recovered well from that position as they posted some important victories that helped them scale to the top of the table. In February, they registered 3 victories and 2 losses within next couple of games crucial for their play off chances. They are currently occupying the 4th spot in the table.
Boston Celtics vs Washington Wizards NBA Odds and Predictions: Head-to-head:
Regular season (309 games): Wizards – 116 wins, Celtics – 193 wins.
Playoffs played (22 games): Wizards – 9 wins, Celtics – 13 wins.
Previous meeting: Celtics won 116-107 on 8th January 2021 in a regular season fixture.
Boston Celtics vs Washington Wizards NBA Odds and Predictions: Outright Prediction
The odds and predictions for this battle between Wizards and Celtics would be interesting to look at. If Wizards are banking on the home advantage, Celtics have so far done a good job to play quality basketball. Premium platforms like Oddschecker and SMarkets have also shared the same in their outright predictions.
Looking at FiveThirtyEight, they have gone on to pick Boston Celtics to start as favorites with the hosts getting just 30% to secure a big victory on the weekend.