Buccaneers vs Saints Spread, Odds, Line, Prediction and betting Tips

Buccaneers vs Saints Odds and Predictions: The NFC divisional game between Tampa Bay Buccaneers (12-5) and New Orleans Saints (13-4) is scheduled for this Sunday, 17th January, 2021. The Saints are prepared to host the Bucs at Mercedes-Benz Superdome. This will be the third time when the two teams will come face to face in this season’s NFL.

The game will be nothing less than the meet of two legend QB’s  Drew Brees and Tom Brady. The Saints have defeated the Bucs in both the games that they played this season. Therefore the Saints are betting favorites for this game.

Buccaneers vs Saints Spread, Odds, Line, Prediction and betting Tips

Both the teams have string of injuries going in the game. Here are the list of key injuries from both the teams:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Alex Cappa G (Out), Ronald Jones II RB (Questionable), LeSean McCoy RB (Questionable), Devin White LB (Probable), Steve McLendon DL (Probable)
New Orleans Saints: D.J. Swearinger S (Probable), Trey Hendrickson DL (Questionable), Nick Easton C (Out)

Buccaneers vs Saints Spread: Players to Watch Out

For Saints, all eyes will be on the QB Drew Brees who turns 42 on 15th January. Drew Brees has been a big contributor for Saints’ success this season with 70.5% completion rate in regular season and 71.8% in last game. In last game he has 2 touchdowns and overall he has 24 touchdowns including both regular and post season.

As far as Rushing is concerned, Alvin Kamara is the prime running back in the eleven with 62.1 yards per game and 58 rushing first downs in regular season.

Emmanuel Sanders is the leader in receiving aspect as the Wide receiver in the side with 726 receiving yards and a long reception of 51 in 14 appearances for the big man.

Demario Davis who is positioned at Linebacker has an overall 119 tackles and 36 sack yards.

Buccaneers vs Saints Spread, Odds, Line, Prediction and betting Tips


The 43 year old Quarterback, Tom Brady ended the regular season with 40 touchdowns. He will be the key player for Bucs if they are looking for to defeating the Siants.

The Running Back Ronald Jones II will be assisting him in offense. He has covered total of 978 yard in this season.

The wide receiver Mike Evans have been excellent so far. He has 13 touchdowns with 70 receptions this season.

Buccaneers vs Saints Odds and Prediction: NFL 2020 Form

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers ended their regular season at 4th place in their conference. They started off their season with a defeat at the hands of New Orleans Saints but won the next 3 games before losing to Chicago Bears in a very close game.

Overall the Bucs lost 5 games this season which includes two game defeats at the hands of New Orleans Saints. They are undefeated in their last five games.

The Saints on the other hand stated off well by defeating the Bucs in their opening game but faced two back to defeats a the hands of Raider and the Packers. They bounced back and went undefeated for 9 games before losing two back to back games against the Eagles and Chiefs.

The New Orleans Saints defeated the Chicago Bears in their Wild Card games before making to the divisional games.

Buccaneers vs Saints Odds and Prediction: H2H

This Sunday, Saints and Buccaneers will play their first post season game. Till date the two teams have met on 58 occasions in regular season games. New Orleans Saints have won 37 games while the Tampa Bay Buccaneers were victorious in 21 games.

The last five outings between the two teams have been completely dominated by the New Orleans Saints. They have won 5 while Bucs haven’t won any.

The last game between the two teams ended in a humiliation for the Bucs. At the final whistle the Saints had scored 38 points while the Bucs could manage only 3 points.

Buccaneers vs Saints Spread, Odds, Line, Prediction and Betting

New Orleans Saints starts as a home favorites when they play the last game this seasons 2nd playoffs. The head to head stats between the two teams also suggest Saints to have an edge over the visitors.

Playing at home, the Saints have lost only 2 games this season while won rest of 6 games while for Bucs their on-roads campaign this season has been highly successful. They won 6 of their away games.

As per the NFL betting and prediction platfom, BetMGM:

  • The Money line for  Buccaneers stands at +140 while for Saints the money line is -165.
  • Against the spread/ATS: Buccaneers +3, -105 Saints -3, -115

Football Performance Index of ESPN gives Saints 53.6% chances of winning the Sunday’s clash while for the Bucs chances stand at 46.4%.

Sportsnaut predicts the end score of the game. As per them the match will end in favor of the host, Buccaneers. The final score would be Buccaneers 34, Saints 27.

Read all our Sports Predictions and Betting articles here.