Atlanta Hawks vs New York Knicks Game 2 NBA Odds and Predictions
The atmosphere was electrifying at the Madison Square Garden with crowds cheering for the home team during the last match between the two teams of the playoffs.
The Atlanta Hawks secured an emphatic win over New York Knicks in a thriller encounter during the Game 1 of the Eastern Conference First round of the playoffs, 107-105. New York Knicks’ players took a sigh of relief after winning the first playoff game after long time.
Thanks to Atlanta Hawks’ Young who scored in the last seconds of the game. Young threw the game-winning shot with only 0.9 seconds left. Trae Young became the 2nd player in NBA history with 30 points, 10 assists and 5 rebounds in his post season debut. LeBron James was the first one. He showed some brilliant dribbling display on the court.
FiveThirtyEight, predicts a win for the Atlanta Hawks for the 2nd game against the New York Knicks. The latest Atlanta Hawks vs New York Knicks Game 2 NBA Odds and Predictions predicts win for New York Knicks.The latestAtlanta Hawks vs New York Knicks Game 2 NBA Odds and Predictions updated on 26th May.
Atlanta Hawks vs New York Knicks Game 2 NBA Odds and Predictions: Match Details
New York Knicks vs Atlanta Hawks.
Scheduled Date and Time: 26th May,7:30 PM EST.
Host Team: New York Knicks, Madison Square Garden.
Where to Watch: The national broadcast partners of the NBA are ABC, TNT, ESPN and NBA TV. For out of market or online viewing use NBA League Pass.
Atlanta Hawks vs New York Knicks Game 2 NBA Odds and Predictions: Recent Form
New York Knicks are averaging 109.2 points, 42 rebounds, 22.1 assists, 6.6 steals and 5.3 blocks per game while shooting 46.7% from the field. Their opponents have averaged 105.6 points on 43.7% shooting. New York Knicks are one of the top defensive teams of the tournament. They rank third among all the teams when it comes to performance in the defensive field. New York Knicks Alec Burks converted 9 out of 13 shots from the field and 3 out of 5 three-pointers to accumulate 27 points for the game.
One can divide the season of Atlanta Hawks into two halves, one before changing coach and after appointment of the new coach and staff. The Hawks suffered from the health issues that plagued most teams this season. The significant one was De’Andre Hunter’s two seven-week injury. The Atlanta Hawks had a solid offensive system throughout the 2020-21 NBA season. Atlanta Hawks averaged 13.2 per game in the regular season
For the season, the New York Knicks have 41-31 win-loss record they are ranked fourth in their Conference, overall and 25-11 win-loss record at home. The Knicks are 25-17 against Eastern Conference opponents. New York averages 45.1 rebounds per game. The New York Knicks are having an impressive season so far. In the last 10 games Knicks won 7 games and lost 3 games.
Looking at Hawks campaign, they are up to the task after hiccups in the initial games. They have shown some real grit and determination that has helped them stay in the top 5. On top of this, they have overturned a poor away record, thanks to the character shown by their players in the court.
Looking at their last 10 games, they have managed to win 8 games and have lost 2 games in a close-contests. The Hawks’ campaign which lacked consistency and tenacity is back on track after a good run in the last couple of weeks.
Atlanta Hawks vs New York Knicks Game 2 NBA Odds and Predictions: Head-to-Head
The head-to-head record between the two teams suggest, Atlanta Hawks having an edge over New York Knicks. The two teams have played a total of 381 games in regular season. New York Knicks have been successful on 184 occasions while Atlanta Hawks has won 197 games
Atlanta Hawks vs New York Knicks Game 2 NBA Odds and Predictions: Predicted Winner
The Knicks swept the regular season matches against Hawks. The Atlanta Hawks won the 1st playoff game against Knicks. FiveThirtyEight predicts a close 2nd game between the two sides just like the first one. The Hawks taking on the New York Knicks would be a tough battle between two giant sides. Looking at this rivalry, Atlanta Hawks are slightly ahead with a 52% chance whereas the New York Knicks are behind with a 48% chance.
Looking at the outright prediction for this season’s NBA, Brooklyn Nets is still favorites to win this season’s NBA as per Smarkets and Oddschecker. Both New York Knicks and Atlanta Hawks are not among the Top 10 teams having possibility of winning this season’s NBA.