Tokyo Olympics: Australia vs Argentina Odds and Predictions
The Australians will play Argentina in the quarter-finals of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. Brian Goorijan’s side finished first in their respective group with a strong performance in every game.
Australia’s dominance in the group stage cleared their path for a quarter-final match-up against a well-built Argentina side on Tuesday, August 3rd. Argentina finished 3rd in Group C and qualified for the quarter finals as one among the 3rd best ranked team. In last group game they defeated host Japan by 97-77 points.
The winner of the clash will either face Team USA or Spain in the semi-finals of the tournament.
Australia vs Argentina Odds and Predictions: Preview
The Australians were seemingly expecting an easier competition in the quarter-finals after finishing at the top of their group. The unbeaten Boomers discovered their opponents on Sunday night via the newly introduced draw system. The Australians sealed their spot in the first pot only to find out that Germany and Italy have also secured places in the quarter-final. As they couldn’t have been drawn against a country from their group, the Australians were left with two options- either Spain or Argentina.
However, Argentina seemed like the best option amongst the two. The Argentines finished third in Group C behind Slovenia and Spain. Adding to that, the Australians have got the better of Argentina last month, courtesy of Patty Mills’ last-minute heroics in a Las Vegas warm-up game. As for the other teams, France will play Italy, while Slovenia drew Germany.
- Australia vs Argentina Odds and Predictions: Betting Odds
- Australia vs Argentina Odds and Predictions: Match Prediction
- Australia vs Argentina Odds and Predictions: Form
- Marc Stein on Twitter: “Quarterfinal matchups in men’s Olympic basketball: France vs. ItalySlovenia vs. GermanyUnited States vs. SpainAustralia vs. ArgentinaSo @usabasketball will likely have to beat Spain, AUSTRALIA and the France/Slovenia winner consecutively to win a fourth straight gold. / Twitter”
- Australia vs Argentina Odds and Predictions: Match Details
- Australia vs Argentina Odds and Predictions: Points to remember
Australia vs Argentina Odds and Predictions: Betting Odds
- Moneyline: AUS: (-440) | ARG: (+310)
- Spread: AUS: -8.5 (-105) | ARG: +8.5 (-115)
- Total: 170.5 – Over: (-114) | Under: (-106)
- Odds to Win Gold Medal: AUS: (+900) | ARG: (+10000)
Australia vs Argentina Odds and Predictions: Match Prediction
The Australians are the clear favourites to win the upcoming game against the struggling Argentines. The Boomers will be eyeing a semi-final spot and a clash against Spain or the USA. The odds are also in the favour of the Australians as they are tipped to win the upcoming game against the Argentines.
Australia vs Argentina Odds and Predictions: Form
Argentina have had a tough Olympics so far in Tokyo. They were thrashed by Slovenia and Spain in the group stages. Nevertheless, they won a must-win game against Japan and confirmed their QF spot. As for the Australians, they didn’t face a single defeat in the tournament. The Boomers were tried and tested in all of their encounters against Nigeria, Italy, and Australia. However, they emerged victorious in all of them in the end. The Boomers will be desperate to clinch their first-ever Olympic medal.
Australia vs Argentina Odds and Predictions: Match Details
- Competition: 2020 Men’s Basketball Olympic Quarterfinals
- Match: Australia vs. Argentina
- Date: Tuesday, August 3, 2021
- Time: 8:00 a.m. EST
- Venue: Saitama Super Arena
- Coverage: NBCSN
Australia vs Argentina Odds and Predictions: Points to remember
- Australia have beaten Germany, 89-76, in their latest Olympic outing on Saturday, July 31.
- Argentina got the better of Japan, 97-77, in their latest Olympic outing on Sunday, August 1.
- Australia are 3-0 at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics.
- Argentina are 1-2 at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics.